Scott's Bar & Grill Logo

Scott's Bar & Grill

Having problems with Scott's Bar & Grill?

Scott's Bar & Grill Customer Service Contacts

+1 425 775 2561 (Customer Service)
8115 Lake Ballinger Way
Edmonds, Washington

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Scott's Bar & Grill Customer Service. Initial Scott's Bar & Grill complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Scott's Bar & Grill above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Scott's Bar & Grill. Discuss the issues you have had with Scott's Bar & Grill and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Scott's Bar & Grill Complaints & Reviews

Scott's Bar & GrillFalse Accusations & Harassment

Privacy concern. I complained at one point to the corporate office Restaurant's Unlimited about having beer spilled on me by one of the bartenders who never apologized and neither did any managers at Scotts Bar and Grill, and a day or so later one of the regular patrons at the bar turned to me and said "we don't want you here anymore, you complained about our BOYS."

Discimination, because I suffer from anxiety issues the growing hostility at this bar was aiming at me, I wanted to sit by the window. They interpreted this as me going after the head bartender who three years ago had targeted me, intoxicated me on the premisis after hours and harrassed me--even though I'd try to sit by the window regardless of which bartender was working that night. They never would have interpreted this had I been a man. And I feel my anxiety that the negative atmosphere there triggered in me, was not my fault. I would go outside or sit by the window to try to feel better--they assumed it was something it was not and I was eventually 86ed for something they assumed.

Harrassment, because during the end of my marriage and after caring for a man who had been very ill, I was emotionally very exhausted and in a depression and I confided to the head bartender after he had led me to think he was my friend, and one night he urged me to stay after hours, after the bar was shut and locked, and gave me shots on the house after 2am when it is no longer legal to serve liquor in WA State, to impair my judgement so he could pressure me into acts I would never have consented to had I then been sober. I wrote him notes after that asking him to please kindly explain his behavior, rather than ask him at this crowded bar where people would likely overhear and it might threaten his reputation or his marriage. So instead of finding a little time to explain himself to me, he went behind my back and gave my notes to his managers and worked to get them to believe I was after him, when he had gone after me, and the fact I needed to sit by the window was more of his proof of this, when I actually needed to sit by the window to help with my growing anxiety I was experiencing, thanks to this increasingly hostile environment and my not knowing why. After several years of being treated rudely by the regulars who knew this bartender wanted me out, and by other bartenders who thought I was after him, the management finally took me aside last May 2017 and told me I am no longer to write anyone notes (that's the first time I had ever been told writing the notes was bad--HE had never bothered to even tell me he had gotten the notes he had then given to his management). I was also then told I could no longer change seats at the bar once I sat down, even though everyone else could. And it didn't matter who was working that night--I was not allowed to change seats. Well a week later or so I ended up under the fan at a time I was trying to get over the flu. A seat opened up right next to me, and I moved over one seat to get away from the fan. I was given my first warning by this head bartender. I then, in the spirit of cooperation, went to his manager to nicely ask for clarification of these rules that only I had to follow--so I would not break them again. He said he'd have the General Manager Kirsten Irwin call me the next morning to explain. She called me the next morning and told me I was no longer welcome at this bar anymore where I had been loyally patronizing for years. I tried to tell her my side of the story, she cut in with a "I already KNOW everything." I tried to contact the corporation Restaurants Unlimited, and they threatened to file a harassment charge against me because i was complaining too much.

As far as I know this head bartender still works there and nothing has been done to assure that no other depressed or lonely women are not targeted by this man in the future. That's the negligence part of this.

Unfair practices--the fact something was held against me for years that I didn't get to know about but had to endure an ever increasing hostile environment because of without knowing why, I was finally, after two years of enduring this so I could still see my friends at this bar, given only one warning--I broke the "rule" only once, and they told me I wasn't welcome back anymore for asking them to please clarify the rule so I wouldn't break it again.

Then there was no customer service at all when I finally realized what had happened to me and tried repeatedly to complain to both Scotts and its corporation Restaurants Unlimited--neither demonstrated any caring about the emotional well being of a paying customer. I spent about $3000 a year at this restaurant because this is where my friends like to go and where my threatre goes after shows. I think my well being should have been a consideration. But when I tried to contact the CEO Scott Smith, no response. When I tried to contact the regional manager for Scotts restaurant, Chris Legler, no response, when I wrote to Kirstin Irwin and tried to give her my side of the story that no one ever once asked me for, no response. No one cares at Scotts or Restaurants Unlimited that this happened to me, and when i tried to give my side of the story, I was threatened and treated like I was in the wrong for being upset. So basically the bottom line here is, if you are not one of the favored people at this restaurant, you can be in danger of having false accusations said behind your back and without your knowledge or any chance to defend yourself or explain yourself, have both staff and other customers hear these false accusations and then start treating you as if you're guilty of them, and you not knowing why...then if that doesn't make you want to leave on your own voluntarily, you can then be humiliated by having some manager call you and tell you you're not wanted there anymore, and then when you do try to then, finally, explain your side of the story, you get from her, "I already KNOW everything." This company calls their customers "guests" for a very good reason. Because guests are privileged to be allowed into their resaurants to spend their money--they are tolerated, but they have little to no rights. Customers, on the other hand, are something a restaurant is privileged to have whenever they are chosen as the place people want to go to spend their money--and customers do have rights. Their welfare matters. If they have a horrible experience(s) or unfair business practice(s) happen to them, the company gives a ***. This one though, not so much. Sad thing for me, it has resulted in therapy for me for more than two years trying to get over the anxiety and panic attacks it has caused--symtoms I haven't experienced since I was little, not to mention severe depression.

• Ca
      Carre Feb 11, 2012

Discrimination, because I suffer from anxiety issues the growing hostility at this bar was aiming at me, I wanted to sit by the window. They interpreted this as me going after the head bartender who three years ago had targeted me, intoxicated me on the premisis after hours and harrassed me even though I'd try to sit by the window regardless of which bartender was working that night. They never would have interpreted this had I been a man. And I feel my anxiety that the negative atmosphere there triggered in me, was not my fault. I would go outside or sit by the window to try to feel better--they assumed it was something it was not and I was eventually 86ed for something they assumed.

Harrassment, because during the end of my marriage and after caring for a man who had been very ill, I was emotionally very exhausted and in a depression and I confided to the head bartender after he had led me to think he was my friend. And one night he urged me to stay after hours, after the bar was shut and locked, and gave me shots on the house after 2am when it is no longer legal to serve liquor in WA State, to impair my judgement so he could pressure me into acts I would never have consented to had I then been sober. I wrote him notes after that asking him to please kindly explain his behavior, rather than ask him at this crowded bar where people would likely overhear and it might threaten his reputation or his marriage. So instead of finding a little time to explain himself to me, he went behind my back and gave my notes to his managers and worked to get them to believe I was after him, when he had gone after me, and the fact I needed to sit by the window was more of his proof of this, when I actually needed to sit by the window to help with my growing anxiety I was experiencing. Thanks to this increasingly hostile environment and my not knowing why. After several years of being treated rudely by the regulars who knew this bartender wanted me out, and by other bartenders who thought I was after him, the management finally took me aside last May 2017 and told me I am no longer to write anyone notes (that's the first time I had ever been told writing the notes was bad--HE had never bothered to even tell me he had gotten the notes he had then given to his management). I was also then told I could no longer change seats at the bar once I sat down, even though everyone else could. And it didn't matter who was working that night, I was not allowed to change seats.

A week later or so I ended up under the fan at a time I was trying to get over the flu. A seat opened up right next to me, and I moved over one seat to get away from the fan. I was given my first warning by this head bartender. I then, in the spirit of cooperation, went to his manager to nicely ask for clarification of these rules that only I had to follow, so I would not break them again. He said he'd have the General Manager Kirsten call me the next morning to explain. She called me the next morning and told me I was no longer welcome at this bar anymore where I had been loyally patronizing for years. I tried to tell her my side of the story, she cut in with a "I already KNOW everything." I tried to contact the corporation Restaurants Unlimited, and they threatened to file a harassment charge against me because i was complaining too much.

Then there was no customer service at all when I finally realized what had happened to me and tried repeatedly to complain to both Scotts and its corporation Restaurants Unlimited--neither demonstrated any caring about the emotional well being of a paying customer. I was a loyal customer at this restaurant for years, spending about $3000 a year because this is where my friends like to go and where my threatre goes after shows. I think my well being should have been of some consideration. But when I tried to contact the CEO Scott Smith, no response. When I tried to contact the regional manager for Scotts restaurant, Chris L., no response, when I wrote to Kirstin I. and tried to give her my side of the story that no one ever once asked me for, no response. No one cares at Scotts or Restaurants Unlimited that this happened to me, and when i tried to give my side of the story, I was threatened and treated like I was in the wrong for being upset. So basically the bottom line here is, if you are not one of the favored people at this restaurant, you can be in danger of having false accusations said behind your back and without your knowledge or any chance to defend yourself or explain yourself, have both staff and other customers hear these false accusations and then start treating you as if you're guilty of them, and you not knowing why. Then if that doesn't make you want to leave on your own voluntarily, you can then be humiliated by having some manager call you and tell you you're not wanted there anymore, and then when you do try to then, finally, explain your side of the story, you get from her, "I already KNOW everything."

This company calls their customers "guests" for a very good reason. Because guests are privileged to be allowed into their restaurants to spend their money, they are tolerated. But they have little to no rights. Customers, on the other hand, are something a restaurant is privileged to have whenever they are chosen as the place people want to go to spend their money and customers do have rights. Their welfare matters. If they have a horrible experience(s) or unfair business practice(s) happen to them, the company cares. This one though, not so much. Sad thing for me, it has resulted in therapy for me for more than two years trying to get over the anxiety and panic attacks it has caused symptoms I haven't experienced since I was little, not to mention severe depression.

Scotts Bar and GrillServing violations

Head bartender (who still works there despite my complaints to the restaurant) talked me into staying after hours after the bar was closed and the door was locked and everyone else had left, then gave me free and on the house, several shots of Yagermeister all for the purpose of getting me drunk & impair my judgement, then inappropriately harass me. I have since learned this is a serving violation for the fact I was given drinks when it was not my birthday, and I was served after 2AM which is the time it becomes illegal in WA state for liquor to be served.

• Ir
        IRS2007 Apr 24, 2011

I do not mean to make light of this comment, but I wonder why would you stay in a locked bar and grill alone with a bartender if you were thinking straight. Learn from this experience and leave before the doors close. (please)

• Df
        DFadden Apr 24, 2011

Oh, and the "prove it" comment. What would suffice for you? There was no one there taking pictures, if that's what you mean. But I did tell two very close friends the very next day what happened, and they got to hear about it from me for the next several years, how confused it left me, and see for themselves the head games this bartender was playing. Also I had friends who were regulars at this bar who saw first hand the hostility being directed at me, and for how long it was directed at me, and the fact no managers at Scotts Restaurant cared it was happening or did anything to stop it.

• Df
        DFadden Apr 24, 2011

I was served these drinks on the house after the bar was closed, and I did not make the complaints until after the events happened. no, he did not tie me down. He guilt-tripped me into it. He made me feel like it was the one way i could prove I was a supportive friend after how supportive he had been (so I thought) to me, and being that I had hardly any friends and had just lost the one really close friend I thought I had--I really badly didn't want to lose any more friends. And no it did not stop me from drinking the shots he gave me. I was already tipsy, I trusted him that as head bartender he was responsible for watching out for my emotional and physical safety. The last thing I expected was that he would take advantage of me after giving me those shots.

The big issue here and what I take most abjection to, is not what the bartender did, it's how his management handled the situation. Regardless if I was stupid for going along with it (which I was), the fact remains they should have told me right at the very start they had a problem with me and given me a chance to explain and defend myself and my behavior, and correct whatever behaviors I was doing they didn't like. Instead they kept their grievance to themselves, assumed things about me that weren't true, and treated me like I was garbage at this restaurant for several years, and I never got to know why. I would not have kept going there except it was where I was able to see the few friends I thought I had, also because our theatre goes there after shows and I am house manager at this theatre--I don't get paid for the work I do there--the only perk we get is getting to hang out and have fun after shows, but now I can't because I am not able to go to this bar--because of this false thing they assumed about me.