Cost Plus World MarketFired while under disabillity

N

After being in a fatal car accident with my 2 young children I was fired due to not being able to return to work... This company let me go after 11 years of loyal employment! The accident was on April 8th 2008 and after 6 weeks I was forced to return to work. Upon returning on June 16th 2008 I came back to an unfit store and 3 new district managers with no further training upon my return. After many write ups I asked to be demoted and they told me they would look into it... later to find out it was never even mentioned! 10 years of not ONE write up and then all of a sudden they were writing me up for EVERYTHING even things that other managers did! i.e. schedule changes... poor inventory (which I wasn't even there for!!!) My husband and I decided to have a baby and within TWO hours of the e-mail that I sent out to HR and my District Manager they where in my building telling me I was suspended until further notice! I then had and anxiety attack (one of the many side effects from my accident) and we put out of work due to Dr.s orders. A few weeks later I got a letter stating that I no longer work for the company... Who does that??? Never work for them! PLUS later I found out that my DM was talking to his hair stylist about ME AND HOW HE WAS HAPPY TO FIRE A PREGNATE WOMAN!!! I have proof of this all... just beware of this terrible company...

• Lo
    lorn24 Dec 18, 2010

I'm never shopping here again.

• Sh
    Shannon36535 Dec 18, 2010

Sorry to hear that but if you have proof of all of that why are you online making this complaint instead of going to your nearest attorneys office and filing charges for defimation of character, unlawful firing and violation of civil work rights? Sounds like you would be rolling in the dough .

• Mo
    Moloko May 07, 2011

I'm sorry to hear about all of this happening to you, especially your loss :( I wanted to show you that you are not alone, there is another thread I started about my own dealings with Cost Plus along with the friends I saw go (fired and quit) due to World Market's horrible employee practices. This is the link

Cost Plus World Market — Mistreatment of employees.html#c952860

• Vo
    Voicebheard Nov 23, 2011

World Market treats employee's with complete disrespect, I have experienced much of the same attitude and indifference from HR. I will be posting my painful experience in the next few days. If anyone is considering working or interviewing with this organization, stop immediately and search for other employers.

• Ng
    NGLS Nov 23, 2011

I agree!!! The company is a huge disappointment!!! Did you read what they did to me???