Cooking Club of Americado not accept cancellations

G

do NOT even think about joining them anymore. It's a total scam. I signed up for the "trial" membership and decided that it wasn't all that it was advertised to be... so when I received the invoice, I didn't pay it. The invoice says on it that if you do not send payment, it will be assumed that you do not want to join. So I didn't send it. They kept sending invoices, the 4th of which threatened to submit to a collection agengy if I didn't tell them that I didn't want to join. So I wrote back that I didn't want to join - cancel the membership... after all, it WAS a "trial", right? That was about a month ago... and yesterday I opened a bill from a collection agency saying that I owe $301 -- not even the $12 that it cost to join.
You can not speak to a customer representative at the collection agency and you can not get contact information for the cooking club unless you're a member - So now I'm left w/ a collection agency to deal with.

• Ro
    Rose McCormick Oct 28, 2008

I have cancelled my account with cooking club of america. They kept sending me books. I refused them. Then I quit getting them but they are sending me collection notices for books I did not get. I want this stopped now.

• Go
    goatgrl78 Aug 25, 2009

Ok people I found out how to save your credit!! This might take some time and a little bit of money (depending on state laws) but what you have to do is Freeze your credit. I know it sounds extreem, but this will save your credit in the long run. Cooking club of America might try the collection agency but you don't pay them, they can't mess up your credit with a freeze on it! The three major credit unions are: Experian,
    Trans union, and Equifax. Do this for yourself and your credit. Have any question feel free to email me.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices