Conns / Sony Computerrestocking fee

S

I pick up a new computer from Conns for about $900.00. When I tried using it most of the software that came with it said it would not work due to the Vistia software it came with and many other problems. I have several accounts with Conns and always pay on time. I had my works IP person look at it and I was told the computer was bad. I called Conns within 24 hours and informed them of the defective produce and was told I would have to pay 15% restock fee to exchange it. I returned it to the store within the first 24 hours but could only leave it with employees because I will not sign a paper agreeing to the 15%.
]My advise is DO NOT USE CONNS

• El
    Elizabeth Legnon Sep 13, 2009

I too have been screwed over by Conn's in New Iberia, La. I purchased an HP laptop from them and in less than 24 hrs the computer would'nt even come on. I tried calling the next day to talk to the sales rep who sold it to us, but was told she was out to lunch.I left a message to have her call me back but never received one. This was purchased on Oct.14 2008 and i was told in order for them to take it back i would have to pay a 15% restocking fee or bring the laptop to the repair company if i wanted to get it there faster. My response to that was i should'nt have to have something that i supposedly bought brand new have repaired i only was asking for an exchange, but was not even offered that.Now the runaround began i made calls but never got called back. I finally took the laptop to my computer repair service and was told that the harddrive was severly damaged, this was Nov. 21, 2008 went back to Conn's with the paper and still said all they could do was send it to there repair people, so from that day forward i have not had this laptop in my possession.I still tried to get this matter resolved and was told to contact an Alan Shepard which would never call us back.In January Conn's repair service confirmed our repair companies finding that the harddrive was damaged.When we were finally able to speak with Alan Shepard he told us it was just missing a program.Now on Sept. 15, 2009 we will be going to small claims court to do battle with them and i too contacted our local news channel and am waiting to hear from them. I need all the help i can get. Thanks For Hearing me out and if you would like to respond to this my email is [email protected] Thanks Liz

Sandytx1 Aug 05, 2009

CONN'S SERVICE DEPT. SUCKS !!!.. THEY ARE RUDE AND STUPID !!!... YOU PAY FOR EXTENDED WARRANTIES.. AND THEY SCREW YOU AROUND UNTILL THE WARRANTY ENDS.. I HAVE BEEN A CUSTOMER FOR "35" YEARS.. BOUGHT ALL OF MY APPLIANCES FOR SIX OF MY HOMES .. ONE OF MY "NEW" DRYERS COUGHT ON FIRE.. THEY SAID IT WAS MY FAULT.. "I SHOULD NOT LEAVE IT UNATTENDED" !!... THIS COMPANY IS SICK !!... NO WONDER EVERYONE GOES TO LOWES, HOME DEPOT AND SEARS FOR THEIR APPLIANCES !!!.. I AM ON MY WAY THERE NOW !!.. TO LOWES THAT IS.. .. CONNS ARE A BUNCH OF LIERS !! "BAD FAITH" I THINK IT IS CALLED ??!! HELLO PEOPLE !!.. THIS PLACE NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN !!! I AM CALLING THE NEWS..