Conn'spoor customer service/product quality

W

4/23/11 - my husband & I purchased a King mattress & box spring set from Conn's. We had been shopping all day & went there last. All the companies we had been to had a return/exchange policy that if we were not happy with the mattress we could exchange for another. (i.e, firm, soft, etc.) Since the policy was never mentioned to us we assumed that it was the same. We were never offered delivery either. We were told to go pick it up.
4/30/11 - I returned to the store to speak with a manager. The salesman, Frank Lenormand, intercepted instead. I told him that both my husband and myself were experiencing a lot of back pain and that we're not comfortable on the mattress and would like to get a different one that was softer. It was only then that I was informed of the policy. I was very upset. He went to the back, spoke with a manager, came back to me and said they would have a technician come out to see if there were defects in the mattress that could be causing the discomfort. He gave me the "I'm your salesman and I'm here to make you happy and do right by ya" speech. He took copies of my paperwork, verified my phone number and PROMISED me he would call me with info. He never did.
5/4/11 - someone called to set up an appt. to come out for a 'service call'. They couldn't come until Saturday the 14th! She said they would call me on Thursday the 12th or Friday the 13th to set a time. No one ever called. 5/14/11 - spent all morning sitting at home waiting for a service person to show up. Finally I called to see what time they were coming. She informed me that I had been taken off the schedule because there was a family emergency and they wouldn't be able to reschedule me until Thursday the 19th!!! I then asked her when I was going to be informed of such cancellation and she said "I'm sorry ma'am, it doesn't appear that anyone was supposed to call you". (What??!!) I then went back to Conn's to speak with a manager. I spoke with Chris James. I explained the situation start to current. He called service and I could hear the woman on the other end of the phone, she was pretty rude. Told him to have me wait there in the store and would call back to see if they could expedite the service call. She told him to ask me, very rudely, what I was going to do if they didn't find a problem with the product. I replied that "I guess I'm stuck with $1500 worth of crap that I can't use!" I also told him I'd be filing a complaint with the BBB and their corp. office. I waited more than 30 minutes, she didn't call back. Chris verified my number and assured me he would call me that day, so I didn't have to sit there any longer. Chris called me back more than 24 hours later, on the 15th. They cannot expedite the service call he said. I asked "what if it's not convenient for me" and he said he was sorry. I said me too. I also asked him if I had stayed there the day before would I have spent the night...he said "I'm afraid so, she just now called back". So they were yanking my chain again!
By the time they come do their "service call" we will have had the bed for almost a month. I am completely, 100%, unsatisfied with my experience through this company. You have terrible customer service. Salesmen don't go over the policies in full with purchasing customers. I'm curious as to why the salesman didn't go over the return/exchange policy with us at the time of purchase. I can guarantee that if we had known we couldn't exchange it we would not have bought it. It's $1455!!! I would never purchase something so expensive with NO return policy included. I wish I had made my purchase from another company and paid the extra $200 or $300!!

I have filed my complaint with the BBB. I feel that Conn's should make this right with me regardless of whether there are defects in the mattress or not. We should not be stuck with something that causes us pain every single day.