Resolved Conn's Appliances - Dallas, TXnothing but a problems!

I bought a Poulon 38' riding mower from the Conn't located at Wheatland, and I20 in Dallas,Tx. First use out, it stopped, and had to be pushed up a 1/2 acre of HILL, I called Conn's it would be two weeks BEFORE someone could get out here to fix.

They FINALLY got there, they said it was fixed. First time out again it broke down! I took it this time to Conn's myself, I wanted my money back. They gave me a user-mower to use until mine was fixed. After two weeks my mower was ready, (so they said) it lasted two mows, again I call conn's, repair comes out after a week, says the belt was bad. I asked him how a belt can be bad after '4' uses?? The belt cost us $38.00!!

I went to Conn's and talked to the manager, they still would not give me my money back on this hunk of junk! I went to mow again the gear would not shift, I again call Conn's the repairman shows up and says now the transmission is gone!!!

He said he would be back as soon as it comes in, that was three weeks ago!!! How on earth can a Transmission be gone in 8 uses?? I want my money back, so far its still under warranty. I again go to the store 02/12/07 to talk to a manager. The only manager there was the Asst who was on the phone. I stood behind this man 20 minutes at no time did he speak one word to me!! He saw me standing there, and totally ignored me!! The very least he could of done was say 'I'll be with you in a minute', a salesman even went over to him, and said I was waiting to talk to him, NO RESPONSE out of him!!! I used my cell at this point to find out the area manager's name, I told the CSR on the phone that I was STANDING in the store, and STILL COULD NOT GET HELP!! He said he was forwarding my info to the Area Manager for him to call me, two days later I still have not heard from him! All I have is a broke rider, that has been nothing but a pain since I bought it! Calling Conn's does no good, going to the store is no help, Area Management does not return calls, I at this point do not know which way to go.

I do know I want my money back!! The warranty will be out soon, and if it wouldn't run with a warranty, it sure is not going to run without a warranty!!

Anish Feb 15, 2007

Sounds like you have had a lot of trouble with this mower! But, how long have you had it? You said the manufactures warranty is about to expire. I thought most riding mowers came with a 2 year warranty?

The reason I ask this is because you say that you had to push this mower 1/2 acre up a hill, and a 38" mower sounds awfully small for use on such conditions. Did you opt to purchase a cheap mower that was never intended to mow on that type of terrain?

However, it does sound like someone should step up and take care of you.

Charles Osuh May 15, 2007

I had similar experience with Conns on Plano road and Beltline in Richardson. My is a weed eater that only ran for 15 mins. I returned it and they told me they cannot exchange it but can only send it in for repair.

Its been three weeks two visits to the store where I stood for 35 mins with the guy on the phone and never tried to acknowledge me. As I write this I have neither received any call from the manager or the repair team as to the state my machine. Conns have my money and the same weed eater I purchased from them.

Honestly, I will never never buy anything again from Conns.

• Al
    Al Hebert Nov 06, 2007

I just want to add my complaint about Conn's Appliances to this to help warn people about this shady operation. I bought a refrigerator from Conn's and they forgot to send me the payment book. When It came time for me to make my first payment, I called them and asked them for the amount and to send me a statement. They told me they would send me the payment book. In the meantime, they asked me to make a payment over the phone which I agreed to do but the problem is that they went into my bank account and took not only the amount we agreed upon but something they called a late fee. We never talked about a late fee since it was their fault they did not send me the payment book. The point is I never agreed to any adddition amount beyond the specific amount of the monthly payment. In the meantime, they reported me to the Credit Bureau as a late payment in spite of the fact that I agreed and made the payment. It seems they had some kind of internal mix up inside the screwed up Conn's operation where the right hand did not know what the left hand was doing or something like that. I have been disputing this with them for five months now. They refuse to admit they were wrong to go into my bank account and take more money than I authorized. I notified them to never go into my bank account again as I was rescinding any and all authorization giving Conn's any access to my bank account. They have retaliated by refusing to correct the bad marks they put on my credit. They refuse to admit they were wrong to take money I did not authorize from my bank account. I have had at least a couple of dozen phone calls with them and they are rude and disrespectful. They make all kinds of threats that stop very short of being illegal. They have called my house at all times of the day, numerous times to try and inconvenience me. They call on Saturdays and Sundays. They call early in the morning and late at night. They harass and threat by leaving messages on my answering machine that give the impression of being from "Conn's Corporate Offices" or from "Conn's Legal Department". In their message they lead me to believe they are going to work this issue out with me but when I talk to them they refuse to say specifically that they will correct and resolve anything specific. They use pressure tactics. They even sent me a bill saying I am being penalized by raising the total amount of the refrigerator up an additional $275.00. The past Sunday ("Sunday") they left a flier on my door threating more legal action leading to repossession. They did this while I was inside my home hosting company. This CONN's APPLIANCES is a mean, vile, dirty, vicious and ruthless company. The name Conn's fits them perfectly because they ought to be behind bars somewhere. Now that I am researching complaints against them on the internet, I want to warn other potential victims to take these complaints seriously. Like they say, let the buyer beware when dealing with the cons at Conn's Appliances.

Marsha Bradford Nov 14, 2007

I agree... Conn's is what their name should be. Recently, my husband lost his job and I called Conn's in August to let them know my payment will be past one month because of financial hardship. I explained that I would make two payments in September to catch up. The lady on the phone notated my account and assured me that I would be okay as long as I communicated with them. Two days later I received a phone call from the a collector named Paul. He was rude, very unprofessional and attempted to talk to me like I was a two year old until I corrected him. This company is pathetic and their trained DOGS are even worse. For example, if you are due on the 23rd they will call you on your due date for a payment.

I have since paid them in full even though I had at least 4 more months of paying them. I would advise anyone to avoid them at all cost. There customer service is awful and the interest rate you are paying them is not worth it. Take my advice and AVOID THEM AT ALL COST!

• Be
    Beatriz Uriostegui Dec 01, 2007

I have also been completely disappointed ,frustrated, and by now outraged by Conn's disregard for their customers. On 11/10/07 we purchased an electric stove, over-the-range microwave oven, dishwasher, and refridgerator all stainless steel totalling $2900. We asked to delay delivery until 11/24/07 because we were remodeling the kitchen. Appliances were delivered on 11/24 but because we were still in the process of completing the kitchen asked the delivery persons to leave them in the dining room. The next morning as we began to look at the items my husband thought it was strange that the refridgerator was not packaged as a new item. It was wrapped in some type of plastic wrap and taking a closer look the door was scratched. Immediately we called the store and spoke to the manager and he said that it was probably a floor model (which we were not aware of ) and that he would check into it. We made several calls back and forth between the manager and sales person trying to get them to replace the fridge with a new unscratched one. They said they spoke to the warehouse and they faxed them a copy of a form with handwriting at the bottom saying that we were told the item was a floor model with scratches and that we agreed to receive it. I went into the store the Monday after the delivery and I asked to see a copy of the form. I told them I signed a form that they said was an exact copy of the receipt that I originally receive in the store but that there was no handwriting on the form when I signed it and the delivery guy never indicated it was a floor model with scratches. If that were the case I would have been on the phone with my salesperson to say I did not want it. The salesperson tried desperately to get her managers to resolve the issue and the managers said they needed to get it approved by higher ups in the warehouse and also that the ware house was now out of stock and it would be a week before they would receive anymore. The salesperson assured me she would track the shipments and call me as soon as they were in. Thursday 11/29 I called to check on the status and she said the warehouse was suppose to have received some that day or the next and she would call me back. I called back on Friday 11/30 and she said her manager was working with the warehouse because the warehouse manager said we signed and accepted the scratched model, but that he would speak to his supervisor to see what he could do. By this time my husband and I were beyond upset. Every time I called the store and spoke to manager I had to explain how I would never sign and received a scratched floor model when we paid for a brand new item. That is ridiculous! So today, Saturday, 12/1, I called the store again to get an update and got basically the same story. Sales person is working with the Manager to work with the warehouse who is working with their higher ups to get approval to send another fridge. After seven hours of calling back and forth, this is what it came down to - the warehouse manager said the store had been informed that the warehouse was out of stock on the day of the delivery and that the store instructed them to go to a specific store and take their floor model and deliver to the customer. Because of this it is not a delivery or warehouse problem and that the store is now responsible for resolving and that the store manager was supposed to have called me back. I called the store and they told me the manager has gone home for the day. I spoke to the salesperson and she confirms he's gone but that he told her it was not over yet. I was so upset over the managers' disregard, since he had promised to get back to me today, and I'd left messages for him to call me back before he left. So I told the salesperson that we were done! I asked to have someone schedule to come pick everything up and get it out of my house. I said I was done with Conn's and could not believe that everyone pointed the finger at everyone else and no one could resolve my issue. She said since the manager was gone for the day we would have to wait until tomorrow to have them schedule a return. I specifically told her that tomorrow when her and her manager get in one of them needs to contact me bright and early and schedule the return. I and frustrated and drained by the way I was treated. I will tell everyone I know to NEVER purchase anything from Conn's EVER!!!!!!!

• Bs
    B. Stinson Jan 03, 2008

I agree that you should get complete satisfaction from Conn's with your mower. I am experiencing a similar situation with a 42" DLP HDTV that my wife purchased for me in July of 2006 for my birthday.

Don't get me wrong, when the TV is working normally, it is excellent. BUT--since purchasing the TV in July of '06, I have had to call Conn's service out 3 times because the lamp keeps burning out. On the advice of the store manager (I can't remember his name), we purchased the extended service plan because he said that it would cover things like lamp replacement. The only gratifying thing in all of this is that since we puchased that warranty, we have not had to pay anything out of our pockets to fix the TV.

With this latest call, they tried to tell me that it would be a week before they could get out there to fix it. I called the store manager and spoke to the number two guy at the store and he got it expedited to today. The service tech is supposed to come out with a lamp, and if he does not, my wife and I are loading the TV up and we are going back to the store to get it replaced.
    This has been one ridiculous happening after another. The TV is a major name brand so we thought we would avoid problems like this.

Anyway, I just had to vent with others who are just as frustrated as I am about Conn's.

• Lo
    lol123 Jan 14, 2008

Sounds like you're an idiot that doesn't know how to shift.

• Ba
    Barbara Feb 03, 2008

Man this scares me to death. I decided to look up Conn's since i'm in the market for a new stove. My sister bought some appliances from them a few months ago. I not sure now whether it is worth the chance to buy from them if this is how they treat their customers. I guess I'll be looking elsewhere.

• Co
    Cowanda Feb 05, 2008

Conns Credit and coustomer service sucks big time! I am in the market for a 63 in or bigger for my husband and every time I call customer service to inquire about my credit application they semd me to ringing phones and leave me on hold for 30 minutes or better, and just to come back to the phone and they disconnect the call in the middle of your conversation.

I have tried endless to get in touch with the presidemt of this company and hadn't done so! It is extremly difficult to communicate with these filks on a professional level. Where in the hell did these monsters come from? If at all cost do not deal with NICK in the credit Depart. He is very rude, uncaring and un professional as well. He doesn;t see the problem that the credit department has with young unprofessional teenagers working there just to earn a pay check of some sort. I even spoke with Megan Who didn't know the names of the credit bureaus. I asked her how in the workd she got a job within the credit department and dpon;t kno w the names of the credit bureaus? She put me on hold for 20 minutes and picked the phone up and transferred it to a ringing line.

So, with all these recents reviews of CONNS, folks please take heed and do not purchase anythign form this store as they need to clean up thier ct of professionalism. When making a call to the Sugarland, TX store I spoke with a manager and he offered his apologies but that wasn't good enough for me either. He told me to come in the store and he would take care of me. I did ot care to hear that either! I wanted to hear:"or all your troubles I will give you a substanial discount on your purchase." I better look elsewhere also. I 'd rather have a heartache over something much more sentimental than this crap. But you best believe you will experience foul customer service from CONNS. So,please read the reviews as they are all true!

I am so pissed off with that damn credit department who can't seem to get it together!

Disgruntled!
    Houston, TX

• Gl
    Glenda Legler Feb 18, 2008

I too bought a Maytag dishwasher from Conn artist on December of 2007, the darn thing doesnt work I finally got a repairman to come out he said that the circuit board needed replaced, I told the repairman that I was leary about buying a supposively new dishwasher and it already is a bad unit. He said he would order that part and return the next day to replace the circuit board. I called the repair dept. to see what time he was coming out on Wed. she stated that the part had not come in yet, on Thurs. she said he would come out. The repairman never showed up I went to Conn's in Richardson on Plano Rd. and Beltline and talked to my salesaman and told him that I was sold a lemon and I wanted to get a refund, so I could go elsewhere or exchange for a new dishwasher. I told my salesman that I had talked to the assistant manager and that he said sorry I cant do anything about this. I was told by John that this Assistant Manager was new and to talk to the manager, I tried to call and go in person to get the manager and was continually given an excuse that he was at the headquarters and not available. I called and told a salesperson to have either the store manager or the district manager to call me. This has been over 2 weeks ago and no one has called or responded to my request. Conn's management are rude, unprofessional people and once they sell you merchandise then they forget or dump you.

I have since disputed the charge on my discover card, and hopefully this will get their attention, if they keep refusing to credit me, I will go into their store and raise hell with the manager.

I have told my sister not to ever buy anything from Conn's because I bought a Sealy mattress from them and I told her to buy hers there and use the 10% discount card I got thought the mail so she could save, but please let this be a lesson from all of us, do not buy from Conn artist such as this!!! There is no customer service dept, no manager, no salesperson, no courtesy, or respect, I knew nothing about this company until I bought my mattress, only to save money but now it is costing me more than I had bargained for. I will also report this to the BBB and warn about the lemon that they put off on the customers, I think they sell the junk from off their floor, knowing that the product is damaged or defective.
    Mrs. Legler

Chuck Mar 24, 2008

I have had similar problems with conn's at Town East blvd in Mesquite. Does anyone know if they will repo the merchandice for non pmt... Thanks

John Mar 31, 2008

I've also had problems with Conn's. I purchased a refrigerator, washer and dryer from Conn's for delivery that very Friday. They delievered on time, there were blemishes on the refrigerator near the handles but nothing that a little polishing compound won't take care of. However, they flooded my utility room when they tested the washer, then they told me that it was the plumbing in the house and I needed to get a plumber out. It's a new house so I had the builder and the plumber come out, well there's nothing wrong with the house, the drain house had a cut in it that you can only see when it's spraying water. The installer had moved the crook from the end of the hose where it should be to the middle in order to push the cut section down into the drain. The end of the hose isn't supposed to be that far down the pipe, being that far down causes syphoning and the washer would then give error codes about the plumbing being bad.

Ok, so installers aren't the brightest people in the world, I called the sales guy on Monday who gave me the service number. The service people would say, "That's not our problem, you need to call delivery.", the delivery people would say "That's not our problem, you need to call service.". Of course, I would then say that I've been down that route and need to talk to someone that can actually sort this out, I would get put on hold for what seemed forever, then there would be a click and either I would be transferred back to the initial voice mail system that you get when you call, get put on hold again, or get hung up on. The service people were willing to set up an appointment for Monday the 31st, I pointed out that as the problem was caused by the installer's incompetence, I would expect some degree of priotization but in general that fell on deaf ears. After six hours on the phone, I apparently managed to speak with a manager Jeff Talley who prioritized the service call from Monday to Saturday which although still a week down the line, at least it wouldn't be another day off work. Well, on Saturday, the tech called to say that he couldn't make it and would like to reschedule Monday. Having been without clean clothes for two weeks, I went down to Lowes, bought a Universal drain hose for $8.00 and a couple of pliers and replaced the hose myself. It's not a pretty repair as I only had a small diagonal wire cutter to cut the hose to the proper size selection (most of tools are still in moving boxes) but it works. It's the following Monday now and so far, I've been hung up on four times by Conn's and spent about two hours on the phone to try and return all three appliances or work out a suitable compromise. I'm certainly don't want to be paying for the extended warranty now that I know that they give you the run around on the phone followed by run arounds by the techs until you fix the problem yourself.

C Hardage Apr 28, 2008

I purchased a self propelled mower at the new conn's on I30 at the pinnacle park area. The self propelled part never worked so I called to see about returning mower. I was told to go to service dept which there is only one in Dallas and it is in far North Dallas (on a road I have never heard of). I live in Lancaster, so this would be over a 20 mile drive. I asked if I could take to any retail location and that would be ok, but they only make it by once a month to pick up items for repair which would delay my repairs for over a month! I have been pushing the push mower due to needing a lawn mower now not a month from now and I cannot afford another one! I think they could use better customer service too!!!

• Er
    Erika CArter May 05, 2008

Conns is a shady company I purchased 2 Plasma televions 1 went out 3 mos later the other yesterday. Dryer went out after 2 mos . conns return policy is only 30 days .service manager informed me i would have to pay to get televion fixed because my warranty expired March 7, 2008. paid $975 for warranty when i purchased tv . Conns never contacted like normal to extend warranty.They did however contact me to extend warranty on a dishwasher and a stove which is a lot cheaper to replace.Just last year i spent over $10, 000 on electronics from this company. service dept is very rude especially manager . DO NOT SHOP AT CONNS BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA Manager Chris is an idiot . I will never shop at conns again.

Matt May 06, 2008

We bought $4, 400.0 worth of appliances from Conn's and its been a nightmare!!! this transaction was on Jan.19th 08 and we still havent gotten our rebate check nor our money for the damage they caused to the front of our cabinets that caused.First off the called and said the dishwasher they had shipped here from Houston was damaged and all they can get was the floor model i thought since we paid $1, 300 for the dishwasher they might take some off for having to give us a floor model NO!!! they took off $100 and we were lucky they did that! Then when it got here the dumbass's that delievered it tore the inslation off and didnt put the sound proof kickplate on and screwed it to the front side of our cabinets which isnt the way it goes!!! then after they left we pulled it out to try and do it the right way...it was wired with the wrong wire nuts and the ground was hanging loose. thats not all...They dented our frigde which was close to $3, 000 grand not in one place but 2!!! well they said they would take off $80.00 for the dent at that time we didnt see the second dent.
    Lets say i have been on the phone from the sales lady to the managers to the CEO of Conn's and who ever else i could get ahold of and guess what??? NOTHING!!! Finally after 2 months get a call from this Curtis Hallmark guy at the warehouse and he asked what all happened and i went through it all and i sent him pictures of the damge to the cabinets and he said sent me a bill and we will take care of it!!! I thought WOW... well its been over a month and nothing! I called and have sent him emails and not a word from them. I called again today and they give me a run around that he was in the warhouse not sure when he will come in the office and they were busy, I said you guys always seem to have an excuse!!!

This store is at 2021 Town East Blvd. Mesquite, Texas 75149
    Like everyone is saying dont waste your time or money at this place the name say's it all Conn's!!!

I hope they pay for what they are doing to the consumers!!!

Chris May 06, 2008

EVERYONE KEEP CONTACTING THE BBB. THEY NEED TO SHUT THIS PLACE DOWN!!! WHAT ABOUT THE MESSAGE THEY PLAY WHILE YOUR ON HOLD... WHAT A JOKE!!! BURN MUTHAFUKKERS!!!

Sally Jo May 06, 2008

I worked for this company and people DONT BUY ANYTHING AT THIS PLACE!!! They are stealing peoples money! the IRS will catch up to them as well sooner or later!!!

I have warned you all.

• Mi
    Mike May 06, 2008

Suggestion:

Contact : BECKY OLIVER WITH FOX 4 NEWS IN DALLAS, TX and have her do a report on the news and put them out there so people know what they are doing to us.

• He
    heavenly May 17, 2008

DO YOU REALIZE HOW MUCH $ CONNS PAYS THE NEWS CHANELS & NEWS PAPERS TO ADVERTISE FOR THEM? COULD YOU ALL REALLY DO A SESSION ON HOW CONN'S TREATS PEOPLE BADLY? THINK NOT! I'M PRETTY SURE THEY HAVE TOO MUCH POWER!

AND FOR YOU OTHER PEOPLE, WHY DON'T YOU TRY READING THE RETURN POLICIES? I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH CONN'S DELIVERY, INSTALLATION, OR CREDIT CENTERS AND HAVE BEEN A CUSTOMER FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS NOW.
    AND IF I DO EVER HAVE TO RECEIVE SERVICE ON A PRODUCT, I WILL HAVE TO BE PATIENT, I AM SURE I AM NOT THE ONLY CONN'S CUSTOMER WITH AN ITEM THAT IS NOT WORKING.

YOU ALL JUST WANT PERFECTION, THATS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, NOT THIS DAY IN AGE. A LITTLE SCRATCH? GET REAL, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET A NEW UNIT FOR THAT, NO WHERE! A DENT, YES I CAN UNDERSTAND FRUSTRATION, BUT AGAIN READ READ READ!! DO RESEARCH BEFORE YOU PURCHASE SOMETHING!
    SEARS, BEST BUY, LOWES, ETC, THEY ALL HAVE PROBLEMS.

THIS IS NOT A PERFECT WORLD PEOPLE!!!

• Jp
    JPGio Jun 05, 2008

I bought a $2, 000 refrigerator from Conn's and it was defective. It made a horrible buzz/rattling noise intermittently from day one. I immediately called the store and was first told of the 15% restocking fee which was laughable, and then directed to the service department and that is where the nightmare really began. Tech #1 came out and could not find anything wrong with it even though i played him a movie of the buzz. He did refer it to the manufacturer for some reason though, who sent their tech #2. Same story "I can't do anything if I can't hear it in person". Tech 1 comes back out and this time in his report writes that it is indeed defective. Now I wait for a "replacement authorization" which is still in question, from the service dept. This has now gone on for over three weeks.
    Plus, never do they return phone calls, and everytime I call its a twenty minute hold.
    For me it is a no-brainer you sold a defective product - ok it happens - just replace it!

We just moved to Texas from NY and need lots of "stuff" and none of it will ever be purchased from this company. All they had to do was treat me right from the start and maybe even make a positive out of a negative event, but instead they play games like a bunch of ###s.

Today after another day of dealing with the complete imbeciles at the store, service center and even corporate office I have absolutely nothing good to say about anyone that I've dealt with. I will be spreading the word that everyone i know DO NOT GO WITHIN A MILE OF THESE PEOPLE. YOU WILL NOT BE HAPPY!

• Ni
    Nicole Nicholas Jul 03, 2008

On Memorial Day weekend, we bought a GE washer and dryer. The washer was defective from the moment we took it out of the box. After weeks of arguing with Conn's, we came to dead end. As everyone else experienced, no returned phone calls, in-store hassels, etc. We filed with the BBB on both GE and Conn's. Within one day, we received a response from GE and we still have not heard a word from Conn's. GE is working with us to resolve the situation. If I were to do this all over again, which I wouldn't deal with Conn's again for anything in world, I would go straight to the manufacturer and avoid Conn's at all possible cost. They are the worst company!!!

sam Sep 01, 2008

you know for all you people to complaiin it amazes me how ungrateful you are for the people that do treat you right. i happen to work for conns and i try to be nice to people all the time fr the payment book YOU SIGNED A CONTRACT THAT STATES YOUR MONTHLY PAYMENT AMOUNT AND WHEN IT IS DUE. If you rent a place you dont need a payment book to remind how much your rent is right. come on people you arent babies but full grown adults start acting like it. and your product being broken sorry but dont get mad at the people that do try to help you because we work for the company.

• Le
    Lefty Sep 17, 2008

I cannot say that I completely disagree with everyone's complaints here but I can agree with "Perfection?". Seriously people, do you honestly think that everything in this world is going to go the way you want it everytime you have an issue with something? I have a problem with items in my home, but guess what, everyone does. I work in the customer service industry and I am guessing based on your complaints that you probably went to the store or made a phone call and started off saying something to the effect of "this is what I expect and this is what 'YOU ARE GOING TO DO!'" I have heard that many times and here's a little advice. Be patient and understanding up to a point. Give them a chance to fix it before you start threatening calling corporate. For the guy with the mower, WOW. I agree with the comment, did you shift the mower? Also, do your research. Poulan makes CHAINSAWS!!! You got what you paid for. The lady with the credit issue. The reason they did not call back is that you did not qualify. That's not their fault. If you had, you would have known while you were in the store. No major companies let you leave the store if they can qualify you. PAY YOUR BILLS AND THEN BUY OTHER THINGS! Conn's is not the only company with these complaints. I bet if the companies you all worked for had a complaint website, we could all write about that company too. With all the problems we have in this world, the best you all can do is complain about where YOU decided where YOU purchased an item. Read the fine print in your contracts. They can charge when, what, and for whatever reason they want to just like your banks, credit cards, creditors, etc. can. Find something else to do that is positive and stop wasting your time. It obviously has not gotten you anywhere yet.

• Up
    Upset customer Sep 24, 2008

Conn's has the worst customer service, especially the one on wheatland and I20. Just recently I brought a 32 in flatscreen tv from them, (along w/ an extended warranty). Seven mths later my toner broke on the t.v (where the cable cord goes). When I tried to take my television back to get it replaced all of my info was wrong under my acct, and they would not fix my t.v. The asst manager Terrance Andrews (### hole)was very rude an uncooperative, he said that it would take two mths to get it fixed (ridamndicious). He basically told me that it was my fault that the t.v was broken and then he had the nerve to say it was my fault that the infor was wrong under my profile. He basically blamed everything on me which I just couldn't believe. It took two weeks for them to fix my acct info b/c they didn't believe me then come to find out the warranty is useless. I have to pay out of pocket b/c the extended warranty only covers manufactors defects (I know, crazy right). I literarly had to get a lawyer in order for them to correct my info, they were just that unprofessional. Then Terrance was talking on the phone in b/w our conversation, we were arguing for at least an hr before I just decided to leave, I just can't deal with ignorant people all he had to do was chg the info but he wouldn't. The crazy thing is that that has happened to two other people that I know where they actually had the wrong info on their profile(sounds a little fishy). Don't ever shop at conn's, they have the worst customer service ever, I will never buy anything else from them ever.

• Dg
    D. Griffith Oct 02, 2008

Conn's Customer Service Center in the DFW area SUCKS completely.

I will never ever purchase anything esle from them again and I am telling everyone I know to please do not enter the store to buy anything.

• 2r
    2ravens2wolves Oct 14, 2008

I worked for Conns for 8 years. They fired me for whistleblowing but then classified it as insubordination. There was another manager that didn't know how to do his job and was the laziest guy I've ever met. He would just play online all day on the computer and draw a paycheck. He was on Youtube and MySpace all day log watching videos. I reported him to the facility manager and instead of correcting the problem with him he fired me instead. I guess it was because he was the one who brought him in from the outside and did not want to be embarassed with the failure of his choice. I wasted 8 years of my life working for this company. They work the crap out of you. There were days when we worked 20 hrs. We averaged 12 hrs a day. On top of all that I was being payed salary because I was a manager. I was totally getting screwed. There is no opportunity for advancement unless you are good at kissing ###. They don't base your advancement on performance yet on your joke telling abilities instead. They also do not comply with OSHA safety regulations and have a very unsafe work environment. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!

• Sy
    sylvia gregory Oct 16, 2008

Since late April, my mother has been haggling with Conn's about an air conditioner she bought in late April. The sloppy installation of the unit is the main issue. The store personnel, service technicians, and the home office have treated her in a most disrespectful way, exactly in the same way described in these letters above.
    One letter of complaint was written to BBB who wanted to know if my mother would agree to go to mediation. They stayed completely neutral. I thought they were supposed to help the consumer. From the above letters, they choose to not help anyone. It is obvious Conn's is bringing down this organization as well.
    Can't any group or government entity force a change in Conn's practices?

• Ka
    kathy Nov 11, 2008

I will never ever ever buy anything from Conn's. I think their appliances have the brand names but are second rate. I bought a kitchen full of appliances and am not happy with half of them. Their promises of exchange after so many service calls is bogus.

• Ri
    Richard McGee Nov 11, 2008

I bought an air conditioner from Conns and it lasted two months. I have been thru hell with GE and conns. GE finally paid conns and conns has been screwing me around for 2 months. They now have my air conditoner which was paid for, and I am still waiting and wanting. DO NOT BUY FROM CONNS. I BOUGHT AT THE STORE IN MESQUITE, TX. WILL NEVER BUY FROM THIS CORPORATION OF CROOKS! Richard

• Bi
    Bilo Nov 23, 2008

I bought a samsung home theatre system at the store on hwy 75 and royal lane, i dint work properly, so i returned it and the sales man was completely rude!!! i tried talking to the manager, i dont know where they got her from or whether she even has a high school diploma.
    if you wanna buy any appliances or electronics PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM CONNS, you will save yourself alot of money and time from this malicious conn men!!

• Th
    The Truth Jan 16, 2009

The rude and disrespectful attitude at Conn's Appliance stores begins at the top and trickles down, eventually infecting store managers and the sales counselors who deal with the customers. Sales people may join the company with positive attitudes, and a sincere desire to deal respectfully and honestly with customers, but realization that the claims of great service and honest dealing are totally false soon becomes apparent.
    This is just one reason the sales staffs at Conn's stores are constantly changing. Employee retention must be the lowest in retailing history, but corporate management, from CEO Tommy Frank on down, the respect for employees is non-existent, which is just slightly better than their regard for customers.
    The reason that the service and repair of faulty appliances and electronics sold at Conn's is so terrible is that there are few qualified technicians employed. Conn's is too cheap to hire competent repair personnel or enough of them. The rationalization is simple - Why should they? They already have the customer's money and the company can take their leisure about fixing the tremendous (and suspicious) numbers of faulty merchandise. Even if an item is purchased on Conn's credit, which is the company's primary cash cow, the customer must make the payments even if they have to wait weeks or months for the return of rebuilt merchandise.
    The best advice is: DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM A CONN'S STORE. Take the company's advertisements to a reliable competitor and ask them to match the price.

• To
    TOto BEcky Feb 17, 2009

This company is shady, even if you ask for a manager you will never get one, am paying off everything I owe them in about 2 weeks, and they will never hear or see my business ever again Conns should be the next company to go bankrupt! so that their crappy customer service Employees can all loose their jobs!

• Do
    dontbyconnproducts Feb 18, 2009

Please place comments on: http://getsatisfaction.com/conns

madmom Mar 05, 2009

today my husband and i went to conns and purchased a surround sound that was a display model, my husband asked if everything was there and the sales person said yea expect for the manual, which is fine by me. I am one of those who observes customer service and my first issue was when we asked for a box to put it in, the other sales person never came back, the second issue i had is when my husband had to gather everything together w/out any help, then this is the kicker when i was using MY credit card to buy it the guy wanted to sell me ext. warranty i said no thanks and when my husband walked up he told my husband i wouldnt buy it, (like i was a child or something and he was tattling on me)...anyways we get the stuff home and start putting it together, i pull up the manual on the computer and realize a speaker is missing. REMEMBER I BOUGHT A SURROUND SOUND SO A SPEAKER IS IMPORTANT HERE. i call the salesperson and he said he would look for it. i wait 45 mins and he never called back so i call him, he told me that he has been to busy with other customer so i told him ok we'll be headed back up there (to get my refund) he says yea sure come on up and help me find it. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? we get up there and i bring everythingto the customer service counter, him along with 5 other sales people are sitting on their behinds and 5 customers are at the customer service booth. so we tell him we just want a refund, he goes to his store manager and they call corporate for about 30 mins and he comes back and says corporate says NO. That they dont give refunds or exchanges on display models. I have the refund/exchange policy booklet and it says : No refunds/exchanges on furniture and mattresses except for man. defects, gasoline powered products, satelite systems, window air cond. used cookware, small app. utensils and persoanl care items." a surround sound doesnt fall in any of those catagories. so at this point my husband is just ready to eat his money and not deal with the stress and anger and ask the guy to replace the speaker, they walk over to the area and the sales person tells my husband he can take this other speaker that is with a systme like we just bought. then my husband is messing with remote to get everything working b4 we walk out of the store and realized this remote doesnt even go to this unit., so at this point i am floored and i ask why and where does it say i cantget my refund besides "corporate saying no" he said there is a sign where the merchandise was saying no refunds so i walk over there and guess what there is no such sign, i asked him to show me, "heres the kicker" he said i must have taken it, i asked him if he was kidding, and i told him no i didnt, so he says let me go find another like it (sign) i said well if you find one it isnt gonna matter cuz i didnt shop int he other depts. well guess what he never came with a sign CUZ THEY DONT EXCIST. so the guy walks off and goes to help a customer, like we were done, i get the store manager and tell him the crap i have put up with today and not to mention my husband is over there trying to get this crap to work and his sales person is off with another customer, not finishing what he started with us. well at this point im so pissed i grab the crap and leave, my blood sugar was rising, and i will be cont. this crap tomorrow, they have their policy in writing and i am still within policy and i will fight this, with BBB and furthur. amazed at the mentality of people

• Pa
    papi Apr 03, 2009

My complaint is that I bought a sony laptop from Conns. The hard drive stop working. It has been in repair for 2months now. We keep being told that someone will call us back. No one ever calls. Or that the part needed is on back order. THIS IS A HARDDRIVE! Look, I have purchased about $10000 worth of stuff from Conns. I am not a hard person to deal with either. 2months for a repair is more than enough time. I will not buy from them ever again. I would also like tell anyone who does, ****DO NOT BUY THE EXTRA WARRANTY THEY TRY TO SELL YOU*****
    It is not worth the price.

• Ke
    keepaustinweird09 Apr 15, 2009

In 2008, we moved to Austin from Dallas--we had a lot of dreams about making a new start there. Anyway, we went to Conn's on S. I-35/Wm. Cannon. We purchased on their credit, a Whirlpool refrigerator and the day after, it was delivered. From the moment it started, we knew the temperature was way off because a lot of the fruit and some of the catsup and mustard froze. We adjusted the setting even though it was not set to begin with at a very low temp.. The next day, the milk froze and the margarine felt like a stick of butter. We called Conn's and they sent out a tech that same afternoon. He said the condenser had frozen over and that it was due to the faulty thermostat. He ordered new parts--meantime, we can't use the fridge...we had to get ice twice a day as this was in July. We looked up Craigslist and found a used refrigerator that we thought we could put in the garage after the refrigerator from Conn's was fixed. After many calls and visits to the store, we never did get the parts the tech ordered and they refused to exchange the refrigerator for another one. Long story short, we filed a small claims suit against Conn's and not only got the money the fridge cost but also an apology from the area manager. We will never buy from Conn's again! Buyers, beware!!!

• Ve
    veltlash May 12, 2009

We bought a LG stove from them, the stove cost $999.99 dollars. Anyway, We were updating our kitchen and didn't plug the stove up for a while, but when we did, it never came on. They spent $2, 000.00 replacing different parts, not to mention the amount that they pay the techs. After a month and a half, of not being able to fix the stove, the MANUFACTURER said it needed to be replaced. Conn's Still didn't want to stand behind their product and give us another stove from their inventory, they want to wait on the LG. I was really getting a bad taste in my mouth about LG, My whole house is LG and their products work great. Now, from reading all the reviews it seems to me that conn's must be selling products that must be refurbished in some kind of way. So many of their products don't work, I never hear of this from Sears and other Top Selling Stores. I think there is some type of regulations loop hole that allow companies to sell products that have been refurbished as new. There are too many documented cases of brand new top selling brands that don't work when purchased from Conn's. I'll never ever walk into a Conns again in my life. You may just find me and my family out front protesting.

James Patterson Jul 08, 2009

I had never shopped at Conn's until yesterday. They advertised a great price on a Samsung washer and my wife and I went to their store in Oklahoma city at I-240 and Pennsylvania on our lunch hour. The salesman was more interested in talking about his grandchildren than washing machines. I love grandchildren (we have seven) but we were limited on time. We agreed to buy the washer, then the circus began. The salesman was limited in computer skills and was abnormally challenged to enter our basic sales information into a sales order. Finally, that was completed. They advertised 18 months no interest and we wanted that as well. We were told that although they advertised it, those funds were provided by someone else and they would have to file a credit application. Our credit rating is 725 ( I went home and immediately checked it) but miraculously we were declined. However, not to worry!! They would provide 12 months of no-interest financing from their own institution. Those papers were drawn up by the technology challenged salesman, and Oh Happy Day, we were approved. But, when I began to sign multiple copies of this garbage I saw that our $629.00 washer was now costing $1, 058.00. What happened to the no-interest that was advertised? I immediately tore up all copies and left the place after two hours and a lot of frustration. It's a rip-off. Calmer today, we went to our local Sears store and bought the same washer for the same price from a knowledgeable salesperson, in a total time of 20 minutes. Stay away from these Conn jerks. Their name is appropriate.

• Mn
    MNTVCUSTOMER Apr 11, 2011

Sounds like I am not the only one to have problems. I ordered an lg 47lx6500 tv online to be shipped to me. I payed for 3-5 day shipping, after a week I called to check on the order, and it hadnt shipped yet. They gave me free shipping at this point, and promised a speedy shipment. I finally received the tv about 2 weeks after I had ordered it, but it was horribly mangled when I opened the box. I had to send it back, but by the time they received it back the item was extremely low in stock(clearance). I talked to a few people in the online sales department and they located a different tv and "set it aside" to await the processing on my damaged return unit. well, 2 weeks after they recieved the damaged tv, I decided to give them a call. Nothing had been done yet, and they told me now the tv was completely out of stock and I couldn't get another one. I asked what had happened to the tv they had "set aside", but apparently it never had been. After about 30 minutes on hold the team at online sales was able to find one at a local store just down the road, they could go get it that day and send it right out. Well apparently something happened with the warehouse manager and that never got taken care of. The last time I called I finally got some traction, and I got it all figured out, got $50 off my order and a week later I received an UNDAMAGED TV!!! 7-8 weeks total time, and a ton of time on the phone, but all's well that ends well?

Here are a couple things I have learned if you want to speed up your order/service-

There are some people in the customer service that could give 2 craps about your order, and there are some really great ones. If you get one of the people from the first category, conclude your call asap, call right back and talk to someone else. It works! And it really helps to be nice to them:)

If your order is even a little bit out of the ordinary, they dont have a good way of tracking it and issueing themselves reminders to check on things, you should really consider babysitting them until you are sure something is getting taken care of. I got to a point of calling them at least once a day. I know they are busy, and I know I am probably a p.i.t.a. to them but without doing that the ball WILL get dropped.

I worked at lowes for 3.5 years and I can tell you that Conns does not stand alone in having poor management (at all levels). Lowes had very similar policies and procedures, and it was VERY hard for the store to get corporate to do anything. The one nice thing about the service end at Lowes was outsourced to local appliance and outdoor power equipment shops. Sounds like Conns has their own shop of some kind? I would feel confident saying there is an equal chance of having a major problem like this at any large retailer.

It seems like the people at the Conns call centers are OVERWHELMED. Judging by some of the experiences I have read about on here some of the staff at the stores are making sure the support staff never has to worry about job security.
    Good luck to all of you!

• Ga
    Gabrielp Aug 15, 2018

Placed a service call on my LG ref. After 7 months conns has failed to repair the item. I have cont. To place service order, call backs from a manager with no replys. I AM A DISABLED VET. HORRIBLE NEVER EXPERIENCE SUCH HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE T