The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved ConAgra Foods — popcorn bags can catch on fire
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
This web site is being put up after a year of frustration, conversations and general disregard for corporate responsibility. Further motivation was provided when they refused to replace my microwave and offered me $30 as a "goodwill" gesture and threatened me with breach of contract/legal action if I disclosed any of this information to anyone. As you can see below, my microwave was ruined by one of ConAgra Foods, Inc. dba Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Microwave Popcorn bags. It caught on fire, turned the inside of my microwave brown and smoked up my house. It was taken outside immediately, extinguished and then thrown in the garbage. Of course the Claims Management Services Company (Sedgewick CMS), which is on retainer with ConAgra Foods, said that I needed to provide the burnt bag to verify my claim. Needless to say that was not possible. I shared with them all of the pertinent information with them, jumped through hoops, sent the other bags with the box, etc. "Their lab" tested it and it popped wonderfully of course.
Mr. Redenbacher was a genius and built an amazing Company through hard work, dedication, continual improvement and a passion for his popcorn. He was growing his own by the age of 12. I am sure Mr. Redenbacher was a very honorable man during his lifetime. If he was still alive there would be no need for this site. He understood customer service.
My beef is with ConAgra Foods who unfortunately bought the Orville Redenbacher Company in 1983. As usual the corporate giant has lost touch with the very consumers that put the company on the map in the first place. All of this could have all been avoided if they had just replaced my microwave. It would have cost a mere $115 dollars. Now this is being released to the media and I am sure that I am not the only person who has had this experience. Please post a blog about your experience.
More ConAgra Foods Complaints & Reviews
- ConAgra Foods - awful experience
- conagra foods orville redenbacher popcorn - single serve mini bags butter on outside of bag and bag pops open when cooking
- ConAgra Foods/Slim Jim - can't find slim jims or get info
- ConAgra Foods Inc. - non edible items in can
- ConAgra Foods - act ii popcorn
- ConAgra Foods - slim jim
- Conagra Brands / Conagra Foods - Birds eye steamfresh gold white corn carrots and asparagus
- ConAgra Foods - banquet chicken pot pies
- Conagra Brands / Conagra Foods - Van camps beene weene
- Conagra Brands / Conagra Foods - former employee