Tiger Brands company logo
Tiger Brands
reviews & complaints
Tiger Brands
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

67 complaints
0 resolved 67 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

Tiger Brands reviews & complaints

Tiger Brands complaints 67

Tiger Brands - Fatti’s & Moni’s Spaghetti

Highly disgusted to find black bugs crawling in 2 newly opened packets of Spaghetti. Opened on 14/01/2022, best before date 22/09/2022. I still have 3 packs left of which 1 has the same expiry date and the other 2 BB date in 2023.

Definitely won't be purchasing this brand again as I cannot even return them as the slips have been thrown away. And will possibly not purchase any of the products that they produce. I notice I am not the only one complaining so there is definitely a health risk eating the products and to find bugs in more than one packet in the same household and batch is very concerning. Not sure who does the health and safety inspections at the factory as I am aware that only a small percentage of bugs are allowable during production in any factory, and one in my purchase alone probably would have been acceptable still. Not an entire infestation of bugs.

Desired outcome: Would like to receive a refund for at least 5 packs of spaghetti

Tiger Brands - Tastic rice and Fattis and Monis pasta

I recently found worms in brand new tastic rice and lodges a complaint with Tiger Brands. A week or so later I received a message with a R20.00 discount code on my next tastic rice purchase. No one addressed the worm issue at all. I have now( in the last half hour had the same experience with fattis and monis spaghetti and then with macaroni, which opened to check.
Does not seem like the companies take ownership so I will be embarking on a campaign to make this situation known

Desired outcome: Products to be withdrawn, investigated and results with actions published

Tiger Brands - Refund or exchange

I went to the Pick n Pay in the Phoenix Plaza on Friday to return my 3 cans of Koo baked beans that could be returned as it fell under the the recalled barcode, only to be told that they couldn't accept it as they've sent their batch. . I don't want any money back just an exchange of the same product that we can EAT and enjoy. What am I supposed to do as it is well within the expiration date 2023?

Desired outcome: Just want an exchange of the same product that we CAN eat

Tiger Brands - Jungle oats

Hi
İ was shocked early this morning when am opening box of jungle aots i found it routen n change into green like it expired but the dates it still okey only it routen inside i dont know how come, it very bad think it have poisen now inside the way it so bad 🙄🙄😫😭😭luckly i saw bcoz i was cooking for my five kidz prepare for them to go to school plz phone me back as soon as you got this mail [protected] [protected]@hotmail.com

Desired outcome: 2 box of jungle aots

Tiger Brands - King Korn super mabele fine 2kg

Around August I've bought the above product from Spar high flats, I was shocked when my wife start cooking it only to find that it has worms. I bought 2 x 2kg's we were forced to put them on dust bin. Here's the barcode of one of the pockets [protected].i've even sent an sms but there's no response from you. My contact number [protected].my name is Xolani Mjoka from Dumisa

Tiger Brands - Product

Good Day It is with great sadness that I am writing to you today as I logged a complaint regarding the Milky Bar competition whereby u can win cash prizes and an opportunity to meet the minions. I...

Tiger Brands - Koo Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce

Good Evening my name is Koketso. I purchased Koo Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce on the 2nd of July 2021 at my local store called Sunshine cash and carry. Today on the 24th of July the tin was expanded, it was not the normal size. I opened the baked beans tin wanting to cook and the sound was not normal and it sounded like a soccer ball when it has a slow punch. After opening the baked beans tin I then put it aside waiting for my onion to fry but then I noticed a foam coming out of the tin and the colour of the baked beans was not the normal colour like usual. The baked beans were slimy and I am not happy with my product.

m.[protected]@gmail.com
Please contact me on these number [protected] or [protected]

Tiger Brands - Wilson's cream caramels 150g

As a treat for my family, I splurged and bought us the 150g box of cream Caramels as a reward for the hard week we have just endured. We were really excited to share out our box only to find that the contents were stale and hard. The taste was still as I remember however the outer layer is hard and detracts from the full enjoyment of the product, especially considering the price paid for them nowadays.

Desired outcome: Replacement of product

S
Jul 15, 2021

Tiger Brands - Tastic rice

Good day
My mother bought tastic rice beginning of July at Shoprite as it was in special. she emptied the rice into her rice container and through away the paper. On 3different days we found glass in the rice. Very upsetting and disturbing to say the least. we have small kids what would of happened if one of them where to swollow the glass? we would like a responded from you guyz please

Desired outcome: An reply

A

Tiger Brands - Jungle Oats Instant

I have purchased 3 boxes of Banana Instant Oats at Pick and Pay. I have find weevils (bugs) in the packets. I have lodge an complain over 3 weeks ago and still No answer from you as a company. This was also on a special at the time. So I don't know if it was a way to get rid of old stock or was it a problem. I can see on the internet that you have a lot of issues with your products lately but don't seem to care about the customer. Very sad

Desired outcome: Replacement

Tiger Brands - Black cat chunky peanut butter

We found several stones in our peanut butter. We bought it beginning of May. At first thought it was a peanut that was just hard but found several more stones. Kids aren't very happy because they love the chunky peanut butter but are now afraid to eat it and don't want me to buy black cat anymore.
Kind regards
Merinda van Jaarsveld
m.e.r.i.n.d.[protected]@hotmail.com

M

Tiger Brands - Jungle oats bar

I bought my bar at shoprite thorntree complex 29 April 2021 only to find out that it has live warms after me nd my son had our bites

Tried taking it back to the store but the date was ohk also package was closed they said its manufacturers fault I had runny stamach aftr eating my son don't even want to eat because he thinks all his food has tht thing all your number do not work
[protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: Pay for the trauma

A
Apr 28, 2021

Tiger Brands - Tastic Rice 2kg

On 8 February 2021 I returned to pick and pay, outspan road in morningside, Sandton, a full 2kg packet of Tastic rice in which there were live insects. The supervisor Thato, replaced the product and also showed her managers and reported to Tiger Brands about the contamination.
She assured me that Tiger would revert to the store promptly.
As of now 28April she has heard nothing about the complaint and she suggests that I also lay a complaint with you, hence this letter.
Please respond to me and to Thato at the store

Desired outcome: Response required my email is [email protected]

Tiger Brands - Beacon red wrapper tv bar chocolate

Today the 07.04.2021, I purchased a TV bar choc from the BP garage in Hammarsdale near Buckman Boulevard street.
The chocolate was stale.
The chocolate stuck to my palet and was oily and gruesome.
I feel so sick now.

This was my favorite chocolate ever.
This is my second episode of buying a stale tv bar from the same garage.

Bar code [protected]

Very dissatisfied.
Tracy Ranjit
[protected]
ranjit. [protected]@gmail.com

P

Tiger Brands - Golden cloud

I found worms in a 2.5kg Golden Cloud wheat flour that I bought from Pick n Pay Willows crossing. I bought this when I was doing my monthly grocery shopping at the end of January. A week later I...

Tiger Brands - Tastic Rice 10 KG

Weavils found in 10kg Rice. I lodged a complaint in December 2020. The Reference no given to me is TV2012230008. I have sent pictures and text messages since December to this no [protected].

It is very disturbing that such a huge company does not take the time to communicate or explain what i need to do to obtain information on the product that was donated to the feeding scheme cause we have. It was a donation and the expiry date on the product is 22 January 2022.

Please contact me very urgently on Tel No [protected] alternatively please email me on serena.[protected]@icg.edu.za.

I would appreciate your reply soonest. We cook for the less fortunate and need to make use of the rice.

Warm Regards
Serena

N

Tiger Brands - Bad Golden Cloud flour and bad customer service

Sometime last month we bought cake flour at Checkers Nicolway in Brynston. Last week wanted to use the flour only to find it bad, it had threads and worms.
We called your customer service line on Friday 19th and spoke to some Liezel and gave her all the details of the flour and she promised to attend to our complaint. She didn't give us the reference number for the call and when I asked for it, she promised to send it directly to my phone but to date we haven't heard from her nor do we have the reference that was promised. I am not sure what does that suggests, if is that's Tiger brands treats customers or is it the issue of that individual because I'm still waiting for feedback and on the same token we are very much inconvenienced because we are now sitting with the flour and not sure what to do with it.

Tiger Brands - Purity Squeeze

I purchased the purity puree squeeze for my 1 year old last week and today upon opening the squeeze a green hard substance came out of the sachet. This is very unhealthy not to mention a health hazard as how many other squeeze products contain the very same substance and what health hazards could it have caused had I given it to my Baby without checking first.

Desired outcome: Refund

Tiger Brands - Purity squash

I have been trying to contact the customer service line from yesterday. Previously to this I had lodge a complaint and a consultant had contacted me and given me a reference number and all. On the...

J

Tiger Brands - Tinkies

Sent from Samsung tablet.

— Original message —

From: RUBESHNEE NAIDOO

Date: 2020/11/16 14:19 (GMT+02:00)

To: [protected]@tigerbrands.com

Subject: Re : complaint about Tinkies

Hi,

We complained last year about Tinkies, my name is Rubeshnee Naidoo,   cellphone [protected].

You sent me a voucher, my complaint was on 3 boxes. My phone was stolen and I did not get to use the voucher. Pls resend the unused voucher. My new numbers are [protected] and [protected].

Rubeshnee Naidoo

Sent from Samsung tablet..

1 2 3 4