Tiger Brands

Postal Address: P.O. BOX 177, Lagos, Nigeria

Kenya
Kasarani rd, P.O Box 43903, Nairobi 00100

Complaints & Reviews

ACE maize meal 10kg — found something that I can not explain.

My sister bought ACE maize meal at Shoprite Johanneburg CBD 111 Commissioner street on 17/03/2020. When she got home she poured it in the bucket that we use for maze meal. I started boiling water to start cooking. When I scooped from the bucket I noticed something that I can't describe. It looks like a mould. clooged together. Had to change and cook rise as I'm not sure of this. With the spread of this virus.

Jungle oats so easy- Strawberry flavor

This is the second strawberry flavored oats so easy box I open with at least 3 sachets in it where there is no added ‘strawberry flavored gems'. Just plain oats with no flavor and no gems. This is unacceptable. I buy this product for the one reason that I like to have the gems in the oats. If not all sachets are going to have strawberry gems in it, then it should be advertised like that, otherwise this is false advertising and wasting my money on a product that does not meet the product description.

Ace maize meal

I am very disappointed with Ace maize meal from PnP Fam Hazelpark Germiston ZA, today (27/02/2020).
Amazing today I wanted to make pap for Dinner, boooom a worms came out of the Ace Maize meal that I just both an hour ago.
I am angry, upset, disappointed, heartbroken because Ace Maize meal is my favorite brand.
I then had to drive for 30min to get to the Shop for refund because the store didn't have my favorite Maize meal brand on the shelfs. And to top it all, the store manager was in a moody state to have a decent conversation with me.

I am requesting Ace as my favorite brand to compensate me for driving 30km to the store.

Pictures will be attached.

Thank you.

Beacon Maynards Fruity Flavoured

Dear Customer Service,

I am writing to you with my complaint.

I do however have a serious complaint regarding my purchase of Beacon Maynards Fruity Flavoured Enerjelly Jubes 125g. I purchased it on the 18 February 2020 at my local Pick n Pay store.
I did open the packet and I did have a few. I then kept it aside in an airtight container in my house for later use. When I went back to have it, I noticed that the packet seems odd.
The contents of the packet, the sweets were all stuck together, like glue, with all the sugar dusts on it vanished and it was like kind of hard. It was so odd as I always buy these sweet and I have never encountered this before, so strange. I am not sure whether the problem is with this packet of sweet that I bought or perhaps the whole batch.

Please be kind and look into this and get back to me.

Regards
Melissa Dukhi
Tel: [protected]
melissa.[protected]@marshallsgroup.co.za
24 Highstone Road, Whetstone, Phoenix, 4068

competition - false advertising

I am highly disappointed with the false advertising on the Albany bread packets. I have been buying the Albany best of both worlds merely to enter the competition. Only to find no "unique number" in 2 of the loaves. I am highly disappointed. You are still making a sale and I am loosing out on a chance or 2 to win. This has now even made me question the rest of the information stipulated on the packaging.
Awaiting your response
J.Bailey
Jpeters.[protected]@gmail.com

crosse & blackwell mayonnaise

I bought Crosse & Blackwell mayonnaise on 25 January 2020 at Checkers in Springs Mall.
When I opened it I broke the seal, but the mayonaise is so sour. I buy Crosse & Blackwell all the time and it has never tasted this way! It cost money, but I didn't get what I paid for. The best before date is 05/06/2021.
The manufacturer date is 05/12/2019 04:24 CRB1 10.
PLEASE ATTEND TO THIS MATTER.

ace maize meal

Bought Ace Maize Meal at Batho Plaza Soshanguve Shoprite on the 23th of January 2020. as usual I transfer everything to the container and walaaa growling maggots... like honestly... disgusting to think that Ive always trusted Ace Maize meal despite the always putting the name first as Ive grow up using Ace I've even introduced it to my kids now this...

heavenly chocolate

I purchased a heavenly hazel nut chocolate at Shoprite Vasco in the week, I bought two. I opened one the next day and are almost half the chocolate to come across freaking damn maggot!!! I almost are it as I was about to put it in my mouth.i took the rest of the chocolate out to see and saw webs as well. I'm disgusted and sick to the stomach. The chocolate expires in February next month. I'm too scared to open the other chocolate. I will not be eating chocolate again!!! Chocolate is my favorite and I have one everyday.. but now, I'm just sick!## I will be sharing this with the media to warn consumers about this !!!

heavenly chocolate

tinkies

587424 There were insect dropping of some sort found in the cream of the tinkie we were eating... It was only visible because it was vanilla favoured and we are utterly disgusted to find...

Good Day
I'm writing with regards to my dissatisfaction about a product I recently purchased on 31/12/19 at my local Super Spar store. It was a tin of Koo Cream-style Sweetcorn.
Manufacturing date was 05/02/19 and best before date 05/02/2022.
Upon opening the tin I find the contents was watery and not creamy. I then strained the contents and find 250ml yellow water with mashed corn.
I am attaching photos for you to see.
Francine

koo cream style sweetcorn

blown up baby food packaging

Good day. I bought Purity breakfast medley of mixed fruits& oats squeeze baby food last month(November), but to my dismay all of it is now blown up. unfortunately its about 30 units because I buy in bulk whenever there's a sale on them. Was there a recall of some sort because I notice the same baby food hasn't been available in stores of late? I would like to be reimbursed please. more important, is my baby safe from this food? my cell no. is [protected]. thanks

ingram's tissue oil / cream

I called tiger brands on or about the 4 december regarding the damn mould in the product. I can understand that fro time to time things go wrong, but the most upsetting and...

instant oats - original flavour

This is the last time I buy Instant Oats from Tiger Brands - it is laden with salt to the extent that it is not edible. Out of the 10 packets, 6 was fine in regards salt levels, however packet 7 was an exception and once again laden with salt, so all my chia seeds and Omega 3 seeds and banana also got wasted. Clearly there is no monitoring of how much of what goes into each packet if there is unequal levels in the same box. I have complained about this problem before, clearly Tiger Brands think that more salt equals more flavour, so that may be so for Corn flakes and the like but does not make sense for Oats. I dont see why it has to have salt at all. It does NOT improve the taste to add more salt. Last time I complained i got a R50 voucher. Not sure why I even try and go back when clearly management have no interest in dealing with the complaint only appeasing their customer.

Good day
I bought 48 cans of KOO whole kernel Corn on Friday, 29 November 2019 at Mackro, Brackenfell.
When I opened one of the cans I found that there was only water in. the can inside had a foul smell and the can was totally rusty inside.
I did not open the other cans yet, so I don't know if there are more cans that are similar.

Attached please find photos of the can with the barcode and details of it, as well as the invoice.

I herewith request a refund in order to replace the cans, as KOO is the only brand I buy and like.

bar code:[protected]
man: 06/12/2018
BB: 06/12/2021

Shurane Matthews
contact details: [protected] or [protected]@yahoo.com

sixo juice

My name is Candice Van Wyk from TheCandyShop in Eldorado Park It is frustrating to go to a place to stock up and you only get 1 flavour of a product that is suppose to have all...

black cat peanut butter

587424 I bought black cat peanut butter which has a sticker saying no added sugar & salt. Now when I taste it I has no taste I couldn't understand. The sticker said no added... But it...

beacon heavenly selection (chocolates)

P J Fourie
8 Brand Street
Kroonstad
I buy several packages of 500g Heavenly Selection Chocolates on a regularly basis from pick n pay in Kroonstad. Up to today we put it in a gift box for customers.
Sadly today, I tried on of these chocolates with a very nasty experience.
After chewing and chewing I realise that something was wrong.
I found these foreign object ( foto attached). It looks like some latex/rubber piece.
Luckily it was me and not the client chewing these object.
Please take extra care in future to prevent embarrassments as mentioned above

beacon heavenly selection (chocolates)

ace instant porridge

Good day

My name is Monica Molai.

I bought an Ace instant porridge Toffee Caramel flavor at Shoprite last week Saturday 19th October and when I opened it yesterday it was a total different flavor on what I expected of which I don't know. I will need a compensation for this.

You may pick up the product at: 1 Searle St, Woodstock, Cape Town, 7915
Between: 10:00 to 17:00

You may contact me on my cell: [protected] & Work:[protected]
Email address: [protected]@gmail.com or Monica.[protected]@clicksgroup.co.za

Kindest regards
Monica Molai

beacon maynard's jelly teddies

To whom it may concern,

I have recently purchased the new Maynard's Jelly Teddies made with fruit juice, and was not happy with the new recipe. It does not taste like the Jelly Teddies that I have loved since childhood. It is too sweet and tastes like fake flavourings. I have always loved the Maynard's Jelly Teddies as it tasted different and much better compared to other brands of Jelly Teddies. However, now the new recipe makes it taste the same as the cheaper brands in the shops. It has lost its unique Maynard quality.

I am extremely dissatisfied with this product and humbly request you to please make the previous recipe available again.
Thank you for your time and consideration.

Kind regards,
Ayeshah Jada
E-mail address: [protected]@gmail.com

baby purity pouches

I bought baby food from Shoprite Golden Walk on Friday last week, to my dismay upon opening the purity, I noticed that I didn't have to squeeze the purity out, it just feel out...

beacon damascus nougat

Dear sir/madam
This product is my preferred choice! My son recently surprise-treated me! The attached shows what I nearly could have cracked a tooth on - a VERY HARD corn kernel/millie pip (?). We very co-incide tally found the till slip yesterday when wanting to use the carrier bag for refuse, hence not having submitted 'complaint' sooner. Would you like me to post the wrapper, slip and 'foreign ingredient' to you? Regards Audrey Jackson [protected]

beacon damascus nougat

Dear Tiger Brands

On 29 August 2019 I purchased a bag of Ace Instant porridge, the High in Fibre one specifically. My 2 year old Daughter was eating breakfast and we noticed she was struggling to swallow, fortunately, we investigated immediately. We were shocked to find a piece of hard blue plastic in her mouth. The object (photos attached) was approximately 40mm long and clearly exceeds international standards for choke risk (7-25mm as per FDA CPG Sec. 555.425).

We were horrified at the potential impact of this foreign object on our daughter who has a history of a stomach perforation a few days after she was born. A life-saving operation was performed then, followed by a very specific medical baby formula for many months as her stomach remained a sensitive organ. This could have very easily resulted in a major medical incident.

I am sure that your facility must be Certified to a Food Safety Management System and within the framework of the site HACCP system, this is pointing to a PRP issue somewhere in your facility.

I would like a formal investigation and response around this incident from your site Technical team.

You may contact me via email [protected]@gmail.com or mobile number +[protected] for further information.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mr. Shukri Jonkers

tastic rice

Hi. I bought a packet of Tastic rice at a local store in PE where i always buy my food. On opening the bag my daughter noticed something small and black in the rice.
On investigating closely we noticed it was small insects, crawling in the rice.
Manufacturing date 18.03.19 and
BBD 18.03.20. I am really dissapointed as im using Tastic Rice for as long as I can remember.
I would appreciate it if you can get back to me with an explanation please.
Miss J Godson

old stock - fizzers

I purchased a bag of pink fizzers yesterday from pick 'n pay. I am incredibly disappointed the whole bag of fizzers are old they do not even fizz, instead of the fizzers being pink they are more almost white. What confuses me is that the expiry date say 24-01-2020 I have eaten my fair amount of fizzers in the past and can say that these are definitely not ok despite the expiry date. Not only will I not eat them I definitely will not let my family eat them therefore I am out of pocket the R49 I paid for them!

koo baked beans

Good Day, im writing with regards to my disatisfaction about a product i recently purchased at my local pick n pay store. It was a tin of koo baked beans. Manufacturing date was 2018 and expiry date is 2021. Upon opening the tin i was totally disgusted to find the contents green and black and mouldy. I am attaching photos for you to see. I would appreciate feedback regarding my complaint.
[protected]@gmail.com

• Fd
    fdebeer Jan 02, 2020

Good Day
    Manufacturing date was 05/02/19 and best before date 05/02/2022.
    I am attaching photos for you to see.
    Francine

jungle dark chocolate energy bar

I bought a jungle energy bar on the 28th June 2019 at BP garage in Belvedere street Claremont
I opened the chocolate and the colour was half grey and the chocolate was so stiff.
I couldn't eat it any further and my tummy started feeling weird.
Is there any way that you guys can compensate me for going through this mess.
I wasted money and now I'm sitting with a stomach that is runny and sore.

jungle dark chocolate energy bar

morvite cereal

I purchased 2 packets of morvite cereal in the beginning of march of which one had worms in it. I tried to return the product to the store I had bought it from, but as I no longer...

ace

I'm writing to inform you about the disgust I have recently acquired when buying an ace product.
It has happened twice now where I buy ace chocolate porridge and have opened the package to find insects within..
The first time I let it slide and accepted a voucher for Checkers (30). The second time I found insects as I opened the package I complained and the service care consultant brushed it off and said I would be sent another voucher...for PnP R50 this time for an Ace product only and even though by now I had been put off the cereal completely I selected two packets of ace only to be embarrassed when the clerk told me the voucher was invalid. I have now spent time, money on fuel as well as airtime trying to resolve this matter but to have my dignity affected by having to leave the shop empty handed was the last straw...

Please contact me on my mobile +[protected]
ASAP if you truly care about your consumers.

Francois*

beacon marshmallow easter eggs

Good day. We bought a box of 24 marshmallow Easter eggs in Somerset West (Cape Town) and a few of the eggs are half an egg and some are not sealed properly. I've attached photos of some of the eggs we have found to be like this. We love the product and buy a few boxes over the Easter period. But we're disappointed to find so many of the Easter eggs to be inconsistent in one box.

Hi
I am highly disappointed in this brand as I bought wonder bars for my son's lunch box 3 weeks agao just to find a maggot in the bar when he opened it up and his only 3 years old. Luckily I was woth at tge time he opened my concern is what if he had ate the bar, then I complained about this at pick n pay cavendish and they apologized. I then on wednesday 13 march 2019 bought golden cloud chocolate cupcake mix and there were maggots in the box I am highly upset and disappointed in this manufacturing company as this is a great concern to our health as customer and what to we get just an apology please can someone contact me soonest as to what is going to be done regarding this disgusting situation. I spoke to jeremy the branch manager at pick n pay cavendish square but his not the manufacturer he only sells the product from his store and thats not what I wana here, question is what if my 3 year old had ate the wonder bar this is just disgusting.
And to top it off there was some alive crawling hou disgusting is that and not only in the wonder bar also in the cupcake mix.
Concern, upset and disappointed client
Saajidah gafieldien
[protected]@mtn.co.za

fatti's & moni's - black bugs inside macaroni sealed pack

I bought all my groceries on the 15 Dec 2018 at Checkers Ballito. Like always I bought Fatti's & Moni's pasta. I always make sure that the packets I took off the shelf is sealed...

ace maize meal

587424 I bought ACE maize meal from Kwik Spar in Krugersdorp and when we got home i was busy boiling water for pap and as i throw in the maize meal and started to stir it i saw worms in...

purity prune (just squeeze and eat)

587424 Hi, I would like to complain about the product I bought for my baby which was the Purity prune. It was sealed when I was opening it but i notice there was dust coming out as i wa...

purity

I always buy Purity because I have a baby, I opened the Purity (Puree)and there was green slug that came out of the sachet, I took pictures and the expiry date is 18/12/19 I am...

lion popcorn

I bought the packet today at Sandown Checkers Cape Town. I started making the popcorn as per usual started to smell burning . Only half the popcorn popped I then thought the heat...

undersized sparkle in packaging

587424 I bought a packet of Sparkles summer berries at pick n pay Zeerust the other day(16/10/2018), as usual the product was good at the beginning but as I was finishing the product I...

Tigerbrands — jungle oats

Good Day Hope you are well I would like to place on record a complaint of my recent purchase. I purchased the Tigerbrand Jungle Oats from the Shoprite store in Durban...

crosse & blackwell tangy mayonnaise 1.5 kg

587424 I baught a 1.5kg crosse & Blackwell Mayonnaise at Checkers Hyper kolonade on 25 August 2018. When I open it last week to use it for the first time it smells sour. The bottle wa...

cross and blackwell mayonnaise

since 2016 I have observed a foul smell on your above mentioned produdct.it smells so horrible, the taste has also changed its so bad.it has ruined my food for a couple of...

Tigerbrands — easter eggs

619798 I bought a box of Easter eggs on the 4th of March 2018. All of the eggs' chocolate were white although it was brown chocolate eggs and according to the label it has not yet...