ComwaveFed up with the dropped and missed calls and overall lousy service!

I had this company's VOIP service for three months, and got fed up with the dropped and missed calls and overall lousy service, so I canceled the service.

They wouldn't give me any instructions on where and how to return their telephony modem, then they charged over $250 to my credit card for the modem without my permission. I called their customer service again and they finally gave me a shipping address. I was told if I returned their modem right away they'd reimburse the $250 to my card and also reimburse me for the cost of the shipping - but only if I used "Standard Ground" shipping method, which is not traceable. I was also asked to fax them the Canada Post receipt as proof I shipped the modem, which I did. I shipped the modem to the address Comwave gave me. Now Comwave can't find my modem (they lost it in their warehouse, or maybe gave me the wrong address?) and they are refusing to remove the charge from my card, even though they told me they did get my faxed receipt. I've had to file formal complaints with the Better Business Bureau, the Toronto Star, and my credit card company to try and get the money back that they stole from me. I'm still waiting for my money. By all means, avoid these lying rip-off artists, or you'll be paying for your mistake later, as I'm doing!

• Wi
    withtanya Jan 22, 2020

I want to disconnect the service. the service is poor and keeps dropping off. But on phone without much understanding I am in a contract. Early cancellation fee is $200 + tax.

• Je
    Jeco Sep 10, 2018

I called for the cancellation of my internet because of poor and slow connection but they charged me for the $200 for internet/ $200 for phone total is $600. I already using this for year. They dont want me to cancel my account because they offer for additonal mbps for free. Please advice. Thanks

Wilma Peralta

• Bu
    burgj Jan 15, 2014

You will buy COMWAVE.COM products and services if you commit lot of sins and you want a redemption through pain, suffering and dry-bleeding.
    These nefarious, heartless crooks are harming our gullible Canadians while big, fat worms in CRTC are doing nothing. How shamelessly incompetent are these shameless fat worms!

• Bu
    burgj Jan 15, 2014

You will buy a COMWAVE.COM product and services only when you commit lot of sins and you want a redemption through pain, suffering and dry-bleeding.
    These people are nefarious, heartless crooks harming our gullible Canadians while the fat warms in CRTC are doing nothing. How shamelessly incompetent are these fat warms!

• Vw
    V_W_BOY Jan 04, 2014

over billed me on my home phone. I paid for a the $5 unlimited USA calling from my home phone. They have now charged me 16.00 in long distance calling to the USA

Dont use them at all.

constanz Sep 15, 2013

Thank you everybody for helping me dodge this horror. The whole time I was reading these posts there were Comwave commercials playing on this website. Very tasteful. Comwave has an A rating with the Better Business Bureau! Pre-authorized credit card billing and Bank account WITHDRAWALS should be illegal.

constanz Sep 15, 2013

Holy c***! And Comwave has an A rating from the Better Business Bureau! WHAT is going on? Pre-authorized credit card billing should be barred by law. Bell and Cogeco don't do that and they're doing fine. Someone should make and post a list of all the telephone companies that DON'T do that. Then people could choose off that list and not waste time with ads for the skeevy pickpocket companies. I read Terms of Service first now. Maybe Consumer Reports should do it as penance for glowingly recommending Ooma without checking the company's business practices.

• Do
    Donna Saunders Jul 16, 2013

I did have comwave, cancelled since I had so many problems with them. They are con-artists, always wanting money, money and more money. I've hardly had any service at all with the internet and phone in least then a month, fed up with comwave and cancelled. I've paid them $229.64 in full and they still send me bills for $37.91 plus $100.00, I'm not paying any more money to them scam artists. I needed a phone because of emergency and when my family called it said I was not available or not in service after all I paid to them. I don't recommend comwave to anyone, they scam money out of people. People don't need to be treated like that and their are millions of complaints about their company. I have a much better service now and happy since I got rid of comwave.
    Donna Saunders

• Do
    Donna Saunders Jul 16, 2013

I had Comwave and got rid of them, they have very poor service. They are con-artists and want money all the time. I paid them $229.64, hardly had any service with the internet and phone at all. They sent me another bill for $37.91 plus $100.00 and they aren't going to get it out of me at all. I needed a phone bad because of an emergency and nothing at all, family was calling me and nothing and it said out of service or unavailable. I never signed a contract with them, they went into my bank account and took money out. I phoned them and said they had no right in doing that, they didn't have my permission and they said they did...I blasted them out. I stopped payment and now it tells them no existing account, looks good on them. I don't recommend Comwave at all to anyone, they scam people.
    Donna S

• Et
    Etnc Feb 11, 2013

Comwave must be stopped their fraud and scam etc. Comwave is a Pakistani Company. Just Google:
    Comwave Pakistan. USA and Canada is just a place to make money fast for their opeartions in Pakistan and Luxury life style in Canada. They think they cannot be affected by Canadian laws.Their operations are spread fragmented and nobody is really accountable. You cannot get anybody who can make decision. They say:
    Sales agent make mistake. They should have told you but we cannot it change now. You will hear many times: We are sorry. But thats all. They us north american customers as CASH COWS raking money from dissatisfied customers by charging them money ranging from $500 to $1200 for wanting to leave and switch to another service provider.
    Get a copy of Comwave LEGAL DISCLAIMER. But be prepared to be shocked. They say that they are not providing telephone service.
    They are a Marketing company for telephone equipment. They are not responsible for poor service. Customers cannot sue or take legal action against Comwave they say in Legal Disclaimer ( 15 printed pages available on line).
    We must organize. For as long ah of unhappy individuals spread all over North America we will be powerless.
    We need to find a Law Firm that is willing and has resources to take a CLASS ACTION against Comwave. Comwave has already been charged in 2008 for fraud. First we also need investigative reportes to put Comwave fraudulent practices into the media, Facebook, Twitter, YOU TUBE and newspapers and Community TV channels. etc.

comwave phone service Jul 20, 2012

Also got ripped off . Returned their device . unable to connect it. Never used the service. Got stuck with over $700 in charges for someting I never used
    They said I broke the contract. Will see them in court

manuel camilleri Jun 06, 2012

Comwave is a big joke, I tried to cancel now they want a fee of 525.00 for twenty six months.I sa!d you guys are crooks and they said I;m sorry you feel this way UN###INBELIEVABLE ! Then he said how can I improve our service, and I said I do not want your service anymore. I also said to him just like the commercial said no questions asked, what a ###in scam...I thought the cancellation fee would about 70 to 80 dollars no way. Stay away from theses crooks I will report them tomorrow...

• Fa
    Farahs Apr 14, 2012

If they gave you BC CSR number just FYI you are calling Toronto or Guatemala. They dont have offices anywhere except Toronto and Guatemala. Now CSR is in Guatemala.

• Fa
    Farahs Apr 14, 2012

I am an ex=employee of Comwave. First of all as for the address they are located at 61 Wildcat Rd. North York (Toronto) ONT. The owners park lamborgini, Ferrari, Poesche, Bentley and they pay us 11$ per hour. Then they steal from our paycheck hours, we basically work with almost no breaks. How do you want customer service to be under this working conditions? Now ex colegues are telling me that Comewave is moving their Customer Service in Guatemala so good luck guys. Farking dirty job enviroment, people woth no criminal background check working there, and I advise you to get the hell out of there scam! If they were worth something they would first pay theis Sales and Customer Service dept, would not move the whole CSR in Guatemala, and now I hear they are firing all Sales as they are moving sales in Guatemala.

• Cr
    Crimewave stopper(comwave) Dec 13, 2011

I was contacted by Comwave they called to welcome me to Comwave. They said I had switched my long distance lines to them. I never did nor did anyone call to ask me if I wanted the service. They did agree to cancel it immediately and said the sales person shouldn't have opened an account without my consent. Then informed me I had to get my long distance lines back by calling my provider. Until then I wouldn’t be able to make long distance calls. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

• Wa
    WakeUpPeople! Dec 07, 2011

Where is our useless government in all this? There are 3+ years of complaints of fraudulent, degenerate behaviour from Comwave, on this site alone! Does not the CRTC have a mandate to take action on these matters? After all, Comwave (hmmm... Con-wave, actually) is advertising on our CTRC-controlled airwaves. Whenever you are under the delusion that your government may give a bit of a darned about you, look around you, and wake up. Enter this in the search box on Youtube: watch?v=FeLLR3LWtv­­4, and this: watch?v=D2QnfFO7fX­­M

Thanks for the warnings all you people, I was considering Con-wave after seeing their ad on TV, I can see that I would have made a BIG mistake getting involved with those Con-wave characters

Google this: "+benitah +comwave +fraud" you will be amazed (if you have a bit of gray matter, that is) at how disgusting this saga is, at how long this has been going on, and that our "friends" at the CRTC have obviously been sitting on their thumbs for so long. With this search, you will also notice that the President of Con-wave is as fine a upstanding gentleman as our Mr. Benitah. Read about the tactics they use once you've got involved with them, and thank your lucky stars that they don't yet have your credit card or account information (if you haven't dealt with them, if you have, then you'll be reading about what you're about to face... sorry).

Is the CRTC ever even going to make any attempt at stopping these fraudsters from scamming Canadians? Is our government Ok with all of this?

Angry Comwave Customer Nov 22, 2011

Hi, I had a 2-year contract with Comwave Home Phone about 2 years ago. The contact ended at the end of October 2011. In June 2011, I called them to tell them that I want to cancel the contract after it ends and asked them to submit a request. The customer service representative told me that he could not submit a request that early and indicated that I can cancel the contact any time after the contract ends. I called in again In November 2011 to cancel the contract but Comwave told me that their terms and conditions changed since July 2011. They said that for anybody who did not cancel the contract at least 30 days before the contract ends, that consumer automatically renews the contract (another 2 years for me). They have not communicated this change of policy in any way. They indicated that I must pay the full 2-year service [protected]) if I want to cancel the contract now. Is there anything I can do to avoid this contract now? The information they told me in June 2011 and Nov 2011 is definitely contradictory!!

P.S. The cancellation rep Ping (employee #1458) is extremely rude. She kept asking me: "Do you care about your account? If you don't care about your account, why should we care about your account?"

• Ab
    abcr Nov 07, 2011

Comwave is doing lot of drama to cancel my service, they hold the phone more than hours, is anybody know any legal process to go against this fraud company

• Ji
    jiuqin zhao Nov 01, 2011

Reference number: 555504

Thank you for contacting the CRTC. This is an automatic confirmation that we have received your message. If a further response is required, we should contact you within 10 working days. We apologize in advance for any delay that may be caused by the high volume of correspondence received in the Commission.

If your request is urgent, for example, if it involves the disconnection of your telephone service, please contact Client Services toll-free at [protected] and provide the above-mentioned Reference Number. If you use a TDD, you can reach us toll-free at [protected].

This is the information included in your message.
    : two years ago, I signed a two years' contract with comwave telecom. When I used it, I found it was bad qualiry. so I phoned the supports many times and wanted to cancel it. But they told me there was penalty, and I was told the contract will be over in Nov 2011.
    I before Nov I phoned them and wanted to canel that again. and I was told that thay already renew another 2 years contract, if I want to cancel it I will get $217 CAD penalty again. What can I do for it? Thank you

• Ih
    IHateComwave2011 Jul 22, 2011

Comwave is the worst company ever in Canada, we consumers all should sue Comwave

• Wi
    WILF,HAYNES Jun 16, 2011

I cancelled my service because it was lousy.comwave wanted to bill me cancellation fees.I did not sign any contract I WILL SEE YOU IN COURT.

comwave rocks May 20, 2011

i disagree comwave is best voip service provider in canda and im uing their services for last 10years and i refered close to 40 cx's to comwave and all are happy

• Ju
    justicepsc Apr 11, 2011

I am in the USA, I signed up for international calling with Comwave. I put down a credit card and used the service for about 3 days. Then all of a sudden i could not make any call, my account was suspended. I called to find out why, i was told the my billing address on the credit card did not match my residential add. They told me i had to fax a copy of my credit card to continue getting service. I told them to just cancel my account. I was told the account would not be cancelled until the end of the month. Remember, they have already suspended my account and the credit card they are talking about, they arleady charged $1 to establish the account but now they can not verify it.

I went online and realized that they had a lot of complaints against them, i took my credit card off my account and asked them to give me an address where i can send a money order. Apparently they don't accept money oders from US customers. Tough luck because they are not getting a check or credit card from me. I don't want them to have access to any of my information.

I have been getting a lot of threatening calls from them, i really don't care. I have not refused to pay, i just can't trust them with my credit card or checking accoung information.

• Na
    nan2011 Mar 21, 2011

They told me I can add 8 numbers for free and i added and they charged me 200 dollers on my longdistance bill and they won;t give me my money back.

• Pr
    protecting Feb 21, 2011

I hope every victim of Comwave, the bigggest scammer, get together to protest. I have written the protesting email to MP. If many people write the protexting email to MP, It may be useful to protect comsumer.

anonymous5555 Dec 01, 2010

Comwave: Convicted Fraud Scam
    Product/Service: telephone service
    11/29/2010

The owner and founder of Comwave Mr. Abraham "Abe" Benitah was just released from Federal Prison after serving a 2 year sentence for defrauding the public out of more than $3 Million Dollars when he founded Comwave, as reported in the Globe and Mail in 2004

Read full review >

• Ne
    netizen Dec 14, 2009

Comwave really sucks.

Mary signed a 2 years long contract just for a cheaper price with Comwave for the Comwave iPhone Voice over IP (VOIP) internet phone. For some reason, she was tired of Comwave and decided to switch to another company. Earlier this year, she phoned up Comwave and knew that her contract would be expired in July. So she just waited for the contract to expire, and expected that her August invoice of the Comwave VOIP internet phone would show the regular price since her contract would have already been expired in July.

She was totally wrong. The invoice of her Comwave VOIP internet phone kept showing the contract price. It seemed that her internet phone contract with Comwave would never expire. So she phoned up Comwave again and only to be told that the Comwave had automatically renewed her contract for another year, WITHOUT her permission NOR any notification email or letter to her, because she did not tell Comwave to terminate her contract in last July. The Comwave's reason : that is the Terms and Conditions of the Contract.

She was also being warned that the early cancellation of her one year unauthorized contract would cost her $200 in total for the 10 unexpired months, i.e. $20 for every unfufilled month of the new unauthorized contract.

After arguing for a long time to no avail, Mary finally gave up :
    "OK. But please make a note in my account : do NOT make another unauthorized renewal when this unauthorized contract is expired."

The Comwave's answer :
    "No. You have to call us again in next July. It is your responsibility not ours according to the Terms and Conditions."

"I have a hard time to even remember the anniversary date of my marriage. Could you please send me an email or letter to remind me when it is going to be expired ?"
    "No. We cannot do that."

"OK then, I am notifying you now : just cancel and stop my account when the contract is expired."
    "No. We cannot do that."

"I would like to file a complaint, please give me your contact email address or mailing address for my letter."
    "No. We do not provide this kind of information."

For now, Mary has to stuck with the Comwave. She would not be able to switch to another internet VOIP phone company for at least another 10 more months. Mary now only hopes that she will remember to call Comwave in the next anniversary month of her new Comwave's unauthorized contract.

Think again before you sign any contract with Comwave for the Voice over IP (VOIP) internet phone.

• Kr

Tel [protected]
    www.comwave.net
    [email protected]

jack Jun 13, 2009

I also HATE Comwave TRAPPING thing too which should be caught by feds as illegal. Any fine prints should be legally declared in seller's ads. It took me over a year to be FREE of their trap. Even $1/month is a TRAP regardless use or don’t use services. But even after a year, their so called Customer Service refused to take me OFF the $1/month hook saying we cannot do anything BUT an account closing specialist will call you. So It took an extra $1 and he called but tried to convince me to continue paying him $1/month! I told him $1/month may be nothing for me BUT I know if you have 50, 000 customers trapped in that fine print for a YEAR; you guys have a solid INCOME of $50K a year + calling charges if someone makes a call! Then I told him that I am recording his call [which was true] WOW! He finally agreed after 30 minutes of headaches with me..

• Ra
    rashid65 May 31, 2009

yes all of this is true, they really over charging everybody unless you ask themto put you on billing verification! A good advice for all the true muslims whos belive in allah! 80% of they customer base is muslim comwave owned buy jewish people make sur do not take service from them!!!

• Te
    teon Apr 13, 2009

comwave is a big scam. All ripped off consumers should come up with a class action lawsuit against comwave.

susan Jan 31, 2009

collecting interest of law suit against Comwave

susan Jan 31, 2009

comwave's new invention of re-stocking fee will rip you off your security deposit. so just throw away the unit, you will not get any money back anyways. if you ship, you have to pay postage.

contact [email protected] for more of his cheating ideas.
    contact number seems [protected]
    fax: [protected]

• Jd
    jd hancock Nov 10, 2008

I saw an ad tonight for the Comwave service. Curious, I went to their website only to find I have to provide my SIN and drivers License #s. At first I suspected some sort of phishing scam, but it seems they are just a crappy company! Thankfully I have at least half a brain and looked into this company a little further! Thanks for the heads up folks!

Suresh Jul 22, 2008

I signed two year contract, and I was waiting to the end of the term to get out of the crapy phone. When I called in July they said the contract has been extended to another one year and if you want to cancel I have to pay $200 as fine. I spoke to the manger and she said the same thing. I asked her what is the benefit that you are going to have unhappy customer, and her reply was this is something you have to discuss with the management. But how the hell I can contact those management people? They don't have any e-mail addresses. I f you can't contact through the e-mail the communication is worthless. They know and purposed they are doing it. My advise to the people whoever wants go for Comwave please stay away from Cowave for the god sake.
    NO NO NO COMWAVE PLEASE!!!

• Me
    mehul Jun 17, 2008

I am also using comwave long distance service.
    and it is observed that they have some kind of setting in there system so that you will be charged on an average 10 % to 20 % more minutes then the real billing minutes. means if u talk for 20 mins they will charge for @25 mins.

when i discussed with my other friends who are using comwave service and then they started to keep exact tract of there account they also discovered same problem that they are charging 10 to 15% more minutes then the actual talk time.

COMWAVE is a well organised cheating company.

Move away from COMWAVE ASAP because they have ur credit card details and they are no more in your control.

Make your plan to move away from COMWAVE otherwise you will have to pay for that too...

JOE May 21, 2008

Comwave traps people by 1st giving them free minutes but if you do not like the service, they tells you LOOK at the FINE PRINT you are automatically in for ONE YEAY and U HAVE TO PAY 99 cents per month. OR we will charge on your VISA $240 all together And even after that year is expired they would NOT cancel your account or so called membership! I am a victim of COMWAVE.

• Ru
    Ruth Wang May 08, 2008

Do not ever order Comwave iphone service! Quality sucks, lousy service, and they do not do what they said. Comwave is cheating and fooling customers!

John Nov 13, 2007

I signed up with the long distance service, the quality sucks. I wanted to cancel, but my hundred calls were declined without any explanation. Trust me, not to use the any services provided by Comwave.

• Na
    Nat Oct 30, 2007

I haven't even got it hooked up yet and there is already a ton of problems.They didn't inform me of payment options.Only two ways to pay apparently.. credit card or automatic debt from a checking account.Funny though when I could access my account info right there for all to see it says send your cheque payable to blah blah blah and make sure your account number is on the cheque.They bill ahead so as I see it , It is basically pay as you go.Or pay ahead.Funny though.. my service isn't even up and running yet and they have already billed my credit card.They told me they are having a glitch in their system and to try again tomorrow.. which is today. What have I done? And because I have no phone I can't call them and there is no on-line support for me.