Zara / item exchange was not approved

24 Silbury Arcade, ZARA, United Kingdom Review updated:

To whom it may concern, three days after the purchase of the woman's trousers I had made at zara (milton keynes) store, I went there again to exchange it for a bigger size. The price/code tag of the item was still with it, though I had no more receipt with me. I was rejected to have an exchange even though the trousers' price tag was still with it, and the item was in a perfect unworn condition. When I bought it originally on 4th october at the store of mk zara I took them away together with more items that I purchased in store, so I spend more money than £29.99 for those trousers. The trousers I bought were in size 38. I went back to the store on 7th october asking to exchange trousers (not asking for a refund) for another - size 40- the same trousers. The exchange was refused (by the store manager) because I didn't have a receipt present. When asked, whether the bank statement showing the purchase, would be accepted instead, I was told that, as bank wouldn't specify individual items on the statement, and because I bought more than 1 item at the time of the purchase, this wouldn't indicate the receipt of the trousers and that the exchange of the item is not possible. 'this is the policy of the shop', - I was told and turned away. Fair enough to reject my exchange because I didn't have a receipt and if I was asking for a refund. But in this case the item still had a valid and the same price code tag (please see the attached picture). I have only asked for an exchange of the same item - for only a size bigger. And not a refund! As trousers are slightly too small and I am unable to wear them I don't know what to do now. I still want the item - I don't ask for money. Why the exchange can not be accepted?? Regards, nj

Ne
Oct 07, 2015

Comments

• Ti
      Oct 08, 2015

Sounds like you weren't listening to the real reasons that they were telling you why you couldn't have an exchange!

• Nl
      Oct 27, 2015

They are on auto pilot in the stores and do not have any degree of customer awareness or case by case training. The managers are called in to just frustrate further. As a manager you should have flexibilty and override authority to make a case by case asessment to satisfy the customer.
    Zara is working with a very dangerous policy of the staff and managers are always right . After spending great amounts of money in Zara stores and online I will think again . Aritzia has excepetional interpersonal skills demonstrated through their staff . Perhaps Zara should take a page out of their book.
    I dont think they care quiet honestly.

• El
      Dec 01, 2015

This happened to me tonight in the Trafford centre store, fair enough that's their policy but how the manager spoke to me was disgusting- like I was a criminal or a school child! I will be writing a complaint.