Zalesinsurance

I bought my husband's wedding band in March of 2014 ($1, 000.) I kept it in the original box until our wedding day mid November of 2014. A month later one of the diamonds fell off the ring. I wasn't worried because I had purchased the insurance on the ring. We took the ring back and the clerk asked me if I had been getting the ring inspected every 6 months. I said no because I had not given him the ring yet and it had been sitting in the original box until our wedding. She told me that since I had not gotten the ring inspected I was not covered under the insurance plan I had paid for therefore the replacement would be at my expense. That was it they had nothing else for me.
I want to add that my husband bought my wedding set at Helzberg and I had a similar problem. One of the diamonds had fell off. But the experience was very different. They didn't give me any hassle. They took the ring within 72 hours replaced the diamond at no expense to us. They did not ask for the inspection cards. After this experience I will never buy from Zales again, not only because of the poor quality of their jewelry but the poor quality of their customer service.

Ge
Jan 01, 2015

Comments

•   Jan 02, 2015

Yikes! Diamonds falling out of wedding rings (both, especially) is bad luck. Known for centuries. Keep an eye on him.