Yext / yext is a total scam!!!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I was a yext customer (Used their service) and in my experience yext is a scam! I was charged $20/call for all sorts of junk and garbage calls, their salesman who sold me the service informed me that I would only be charged when a lead generated actual revenue. Yext is a total scam! Save your money and use real advertising. At least then you know what you are getting.

Bo

Comments

• Gr
      19th of Apr, 2014

I too was a victim of these creeps at Yext. When I refused to renew their representative (telemarketer) became extremely abusive. Save your money go to PPClick on google or bing at least you will get leads you can actually use.

• Gr
      19th of Apr, 2014

There are many scammy companies like Yext that sell you worthless leads. Appliance Appointment.com, Service Majic.com Homeadvisor.com Hvac near you.com Home blue.com. Seems I like getting beat up! Please take it from someone that has personally been taken advantage of...Stay away from these leeches, Use pay per click on Google or Bing there is good value there and your cost per click is minimal under $2 usually. My business has benefited greatly using this type of advertising. Your results may vary, but you will be way ahead of these rip-offs.

• Fr
      30th of May, 2015

Yext sold me a subscription which cost $10 per week, pay in advance for year with the understanding that I could cancel at any time and I would be refunded for time remaining. After 2 mnths I cancelled because of no noticeable increase in revenue. They said Subscription was cancelled and would not be renewed for another year, but it was stil in effect until the subscription expired. They owe me for 10 months and will not pay. Please tell me what I can do to make them honor their agreement

2nd of Jun, 2015

YEXT IS A SCAM here is a link I just found on YELP about them--- I checked out what the guy said and he was correct about what he wrote here is the link and the whole review he wrote bellow
    we are just making this up is called
    A1Junk cars at :
    2456 W Cornell Street, Milwaukee WI 53209 feel free for anyone to contact our Commercial Neighborhood Service department at 414-286-2268 and ask for Commercial and they will let you know there is no such business at this address.
    YEXT is a LAIR just like the scam artists that go on there with these fake listings---Whats funny is I bet money instead of YEXT trying to correct FRAUD errors on there sites they will spend time getting there staff to come back in here to make GREAT reviews for them--- Try spending your time doing right for your customers then wrong !

• Fr
      2nd of Jun, 2015

The best way to opt out of YEXT is to back-charge your credit card payment.
    This is a powerful tool for the consumer, and will definitely get a merchants full attention.

Ed-newton taxi inc, 770-786-9845

28th of Jun, 2015

Ed-newton Taxi Inc, the besst Taxi in covington ga Conyers Ga monreo Ga Madison Ga call us at 770-786-9845

770-786-9845

• Sc
      7th of Aug, 2015

Yext is a criminal enterprise and should be shut down. They are the biggest scams on the internet and the CEO should be prosecuted for ripping people off. They need to be shut down and prosecuted.

10th of Jan, 2016

Yext is more than a scam. I am a webmaster. I put up websites and manage them. I pay attention to the stacking order on browsers like google chrome, Firefox, yahoo. Yext caught wind of one of my websites that I manage. It would normally be the first website listed after intense marketing, directory submissions to all directories, until Yext saw us. They started listing fictitious websites using our business, business address along with wrong business hours and phone numbers. These guys are codeheads and know how to set up fake websites and then start hounding you about false web listings and how they can clean up the stacking order and remove the false website listings. -THESE GUYS ARE CROOKS, GET A LAWYER AND OBTAIN A CEASE AND DESIST USING YOUR BUSINESS NAME, ADDRESS.. Some legal firm should shut these guys down.
    BEWARE, and to make these guys even more evil, is that they are going after a non-profit organization that helps the disabled. How low is this?

28th of Jan, 2016

I noticed that Yext had my business listed (without my consent) with the wrong phone number. When I filled out the form to correct it, it came up with a required charge of nearly $500 to do so. I did not continue with the process, and yet, the next day one of their representatives called me to try and get money from me to correct the number. Isn't that extortion?

24th of May, 2016

Now Yext is using some guy named Joshua Mackens who is trying to act as if he is some sort of internet professional on how marketing works. What a joke. Hopefully someone will do a class action suit on Mackens as well as YEXT and Showmelocal.com which appears to be their affiliate. Thanks God I have Google to get my review up, and Healthgrades. Also, look out for Yelp, they too have a bit of a bad software program that only lets those who do a lot of reviews appear as if they are viable.

6th of Sep, 2017

@chirobull Hey Chirobull, this is Joshua Mackens. I'm not sure what Yext told you but we are not affiliated with Yext whatsoever. In fact, I wrote this article in 2015 (updated last month) which talks about the pros and cons of Yext: https://university.tutelarymarketing.com/2015/02/18/yext-review-and-pricing-for-local-businesses/ - my ultimate conclusion at the end, if you read the article, is Yext is not worth it. We also have a competing service to Yext called Local Listing Ninja (https://university.tutelarymarketing.com/local-listing-ninja/). As you'll see, we feel like our service is much better than Yext's. Hopefully that is enough evidence to prove that we are not affiliated with Yext at all and are, in fact, in direct competition with them. I'm sorry for your experience with Yext. But it sounds like you have moved and and have everything under control! I wish you the best of luck!

• Ka
      5th of Sep, 2016

I bought the $500 package years ago and in that year they did absolutely nothing for me. N. CA

• Ta
      12th of Nov, 2016

My company came up on the search engine and it has the wrong phone number, and I can't change it. I think this company is purposely putting out false advertising so that I will advertise with them so that they can fix it. What can I do about this?
    South Florida Clinical Hypnotherapy Tammy TRippCCHt