[Resolved] Yext / advertising

1 Boca Raton, FL, United States

I googled my industry (hypnotherapy) on yahoo search engine and my business came up with other hypnotherapists only to find out my address is not completely right and my business phone number is incorrect. I called the phone number and it goes to a disconnected phone number. So if someone is searching on the internet and calls that number they are going to think my business is OUT OF BUSINESS. But this company YEXT is going to fix all of that, all I have to do is advertise with them and they are going to correct this information. I think they are the ones putting out the false information. How can I find out if they are the ones putting out this false information and what can I do about it?
Tammy Tripp CCHt

• Resolution statement

• Yext Customer Care's Response, Nov 30, 2016

We have been speaking with Ms. Tripp offline regarding these comments, but wanted to ensure we left a comment here as well. We passed Ms. Tripp's complaint to our Support Team to explain how our partnership with Yahoo works and how our services work to update information across hundreds of listings sites. Yext can only manage the listings of businesses that have a paid subscription with us. Any listings that aren't powered through our service have not been edited or created by Yext. Listings can often be created on the web from a multitude of sources, and our mission is to assist business owners with updating and syncing their information across the web. Therefore, the information that Ms. Tripp is seeing was not created by us, nor changed by us.

Our Support Team provided Ms. Tripp with access to Yahoo Free Claims, where she can claim her business information for free. They also identified that Yelp may be the culprit of the bad data that was feeding to Yahoo and encouraged Ms. Tripp to connect with Yelp directly to get this updated. Unfortunately, information can be changed in many ways through the listing compilation process. Yext's services actually make this easier to manage for businesses. Businesses can use our Location Cloud technology to manage their location data everywhere, from one platform, ensuring that nothing is inaccurate or outdated on the web.

We hope that our communication helps Ms. Tripp update her listings accordingly. If she has any further questions, she is more than welcome to contact our Support team directly at [protected]@yext.com.

Ta