YesCommunities.com / property conditions

1 El Paso, TX, United States

We have lived in Mission Estates for 2 yrs now. We moved from 1 unit to another 10 months ago. During the walk-through with management numerous items were listed for repair or replacement. 1 item was a dishwasher that had stagnant water and mold growing in it. My wife has respiratory problems, and is also allergic to mold. For 10 months I complained about this issue. My wife went to the emergency room several times for breathing issues due to the dishwasher. I spoke with the Manager who finally got it removed and then tried lying about all he has done. Nothing or very little has been done with the walk through repair list. I've had to wait 8 months for our showers to be fixed, my 2 doors don't fit the house and have huge gaps around the entire doors. Maintenance and the AC contractor both said that is a major factor in my ac burning out or freezing up and my skyrocketing utility bills. I spoke with the manager today and he became extremely defensive when I brought up tenant recourse for breach of contract as well as negligence resulting in numerous hospitalizations of my wife. He lied about having ppl fix the problem. He said he had work orders proving things had been fixed. I asked him to see the completed work orders because only a couple of items have been fixed. Of course he refused to produce the work orders. I am tired of fighting with management to fix things.

• Updated by Randy Masc, Jun 24, 2018

Also, both toilets wobble badly. My wife has had several strokes and has a fall risk factor. She has fallen several times trying to stand up from the toilet because it wobbles badly. Management is refusing to fix the toilets. She was recently put on an anti-coagulant, which can cause internal bleeding from falls and bruises. My wife fell again today and sustained a couple of bruises. I'm calling OSHA on Monday.

Ra