Yellow Pages Group / ILLEGAL Forgery

Canada, British Columbia, Kamloops Review updated:
JB's Custom Colors Inc.
904 Victoria St.
Phone: 250-828-6262
Our sales rep from the Yellow Pages Group, gave us one year free of online advertising due to lack of good service. My husband signed the one year agreement. We were not charged anything and it was business as usual. This year, for 2009, our half page ad came out in the Yellow Pages. Upon receipt of our first invoice, I noticed it was about 200.00 more then it should have been. I called the main office for the Yellow Pages - no return phone call. I made a second phone call and another message was left a few weeks later. Almost 1 month later, I finally got upset and demanded someone deal with my issue. The rep on the phone said my husband signed the contract for the online advertising. After arguing with him and telling him my husband DID NOT sign anything, I faxed him everything I or my husband had ever signed. Turns out, our Kamloops sales rep, changed the date on the original agreement that was given to us for free. Sure, she had my husbands signature, but she had changed the date and amount payable each month. Now, the Yellow Pages has offered to refund us the money we have paid extra for the online ad we did not want. They have offered no formal apology or compensation at all. No phone call, no letter, no visit from another sales rep...nothing but a generic email asking us to please sign a release and for us to not sue. I am not signing anything and I am extremely bothered by this entire ordeal. How many other companies have been conned and scammed???

A  21st of Nov, 2009 by
I have had a similar situation in a milder way. No one ever contacted me for a renewal and a rep signed my name--total fraud. When I finally changed from Telus to stop the charges, they started threatening me and told me that I authorized the signature--that it wasn't a forgery!!

Something needs to be done about this company!!
N  28th of Jan, 2010 by
I am sorry that you are not happy with yellow pages. I was looking online and found a website that your business can have a FREE ebillboard. Just go to seekshallfind.com. I was talking to my friend Mike and he has a ebillboard and he is happy with his ebillboard.

YellowPages Logo YellowPages