Having problems with YellowPages?

+1 514 934 2611 (Montréal)
+1 800 361 6010 (Montréal)
+1 403 204 5416 (Calgary)
+1 866 243 1884 (Calgary)
+1 204 941 8190 (Winnipeg)
+1 800 561 1104 (Winnipeg)
+1 902 490 3000 (Dartmouth)
+1 888 490 3001 (Dartmouth)
+1 416 41 5000 (Toronto)
+1 800 268 3550 (Toronto)
+1 604 268 9000 (Burnaby)
+1 800 268 6680 (Burnaby)
2247 Northlake Parkway
Atlanta, Georgia
Office Locations:

Montréal:

Address: 16, Place du Commerce
Île des Soeurs
Verdun, Québec H3E 2A5

Calgary:

Address: 2891 Sunridge Way N.E.
Calgary, Alberta T1Y 7K7

Address: 4260, Still Creek Drive
Burnaby, British Columbia V5C 6C6

Complaints & Reviews

Resolved scam

I signed up for a yellowpages.com ad with a 12 month agreement totaling $7800. I am now more than two months in to it and my ad is incorrect. Local salespeople will not call me back and AT&T's 800 number listed on the bill connects you to a voice mail box that is always full. They have created an ad for me that does not accurately represent the products I wish to market and never gave me an opportunity to proof read it or select the content that should be displayed. The first 45 days the ad was live it was not displayed in all of the geographical areas I had selected and paid for. I was promised a credit, which has not come yet and no response from sales people or customer service. My profile on yellowpages.com actually contains a link that goes to a competitors website. Without communication from them, I am unable to get this resolved. In addition, my local sales rep quoted me call counts in excess of 30 per month which is just completely made up as I have not attributed any calls to this service. I may stop paying for the service but from what I am reading, it seems like AT&T will sue you.

• Et
    etailer Dec 23, 2009

I have had similar bad experience with YellowPages.com. They have always misreported leads.

rexs Jan 21, 2010

I am sorry that you are not happy with yellow pages. I was looking online and I found a website that you can setup a FREE ebillboard. Just go to seekshallfind.com

• Al
    Alpinecarpet Feb 27, 2014

Is there seriously no way to cancel a contract with these idiots? I have never been so frustrated and scammed before. I am about to lose my company because of these worthless and pathetic people

Resolved deceptive practices, lack of service

I signed up for a yellowpages.com ad with a 12 month agreement totaling $7800. I am now more than two months in to it and my ad is incorrect. Local salespeople will not call me back and AT&T's 800 number listed on the bill connects you to a voice mail box that is always full. They have created an ad for me that does not accurately represent the products I wish to market and never gave me an opportunity to proof read it or select the content that should be displayed. The first 45 days the ad was live it was not displayed in all of the geographical areas I had selected and paid for. I was promised a credit, which has not come yet and no response from sales people or customer service. My profile on yellowpages.com actually contains a link that goes to a competitor’s website. Without communication from them, I am unable to get this resolved. In addition, my local sales rep quoted me call counts in excess of 30 per month which is just completely made up as I have not attributed any calls to this service. I may stop paying for the service but from what I am reading, it seems like AT&T will sue you.

I would be very interested in participtaing in a class action suit agains AT&T/Yellowpages.com and can be reached at [protected].

Thanks,
John Testa

• Ju
    junkbins.com Jan 12, 2010

Get a class action going in Canada to they effectivly hoodwinked us Junkbins.com appreciate any other disgruntled buisness owners please send info to [email protected]

rexs Feb 15, 2010

I am sorry that you are not happy with yellow book. I was looking online found a website that you can have a ebillboard for FREE. Just go to seekshallfind.com. I was talking to my friend Dave he sign up for a ebillboard. He told me that he is glad that he got a ebillboard. His business just moved to a new building he went to change this info with yellow book and was on hold for 35 Minutes waiting for someone to talk to. When he went to his ebillboard and change his info and it took him just few minutes.

• Ct
    ctwillia Mar 04, 2010

is there a class action lawsuit yet? or does anyone know how to get out of a contract for the online ad?

contact me at cwilliamst at tx.rr.com

• My name is Mathew Korba. I am the owner of Blue Ribbon Auto Glass Llc in Tacoma, Wa. I too attempted to advertise with the YPConnect program (yellow pages on-line), marketed by AT&T advertising. We are currently seeking businesses and individuals who have not received the services promised by Yellowpages.com Llc as sold by AT&T Advertising Solutions to partipate in a class action suite. The purpose of the suite is to recover financial losses incurred by mis-leading sales tactics and Yellowpages.com Llc's inability to deliver it's product as advertised. You are encouraged to participate.
    Please cal (253) 250-7262 or email [email protected] for more information

• I want to thank all the wonderful individuals who have taken their time to respond to our comment/complaint and, apologize to those whom we have not returned contact. Your response (needless to say) has been over whelming. AT&T-Yellowpages.com and Blue Ribbon Auto Glass, Llc. have mutually agreed to terminate our contract and we have received a full refund. This does not excuse AT&T's misrepresentation of their product or unconscionable behavior. Nor does this make-up for our total financial losses. However, at this time we are not pursuing our law suite.

If I could pass on what this experience has shown me, I would say to, Not go quietly into the night. Let your voice be heard. File your complaint with as many organizations outside of ATT's control as possible. The BBB, Federal Trade commission, State Attorney Generals Office etc... If you are paying with a credit/debit card, STOP PAYMENT NOW! And dispute the charges with your card company (AT&T must prove their charges are valid to the card company and are not allowed to contact the person or business disputing the charges about the amount disputed until it is settled). If they do so, file a complaint with your card company (Visa/MC/AMEX/DC) not your bank. If you have been sent to collections, dispute the validity of the original bill. Make AT&T prove they provided the service. Your contract is for clicks, not calls. AT&T must show a preponderance of proof that your clicks are in accordance with your specific contract. The plain and simple truth is they can not. IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE THE SERVICE STATED IN YOUR CONTRACT, THE CONTRACT IS NOT VALID. Finally, USE the experience and advice given on the complaint board. It is a great resource!

Mathew Korba
    Blue Ribbon Auto Glass, Llc.

Resolved sales & advertising techniques

Firstly, it suprises me there isn't a catergory for advertising company compiants here, given the amount of fraud that goes on in this industry. My tale of woe with the YELLOW PAGES GROUP goes on for two years. Once upon I had a very small home business (and bear with me here, at the time I was poor struggling solo mother with a a young child to support (now working as a computer programmer for a government body)) and I had an unsolicitated phone call from a person with a thick Indian accent I couldn't undertstand. They asked me if I wanted to place an advertisment with the Yellow Pages Group, I said yes the first year...and they managed to get the advertisment right after about 5 proofs. At no time during the discussion was I made aware on any repeat billing on this ad or any other business policies.

The next year a another person (a woman this time) with a heavy Indian accent called and asked me if I wanted to place another advertisement this year, this woman was extremely pushy and rude, but I agreed to take out another small ad. At no time were any mention of billing practices made. She made serious errors with my listing, it was more than she quoted over the phone, and I was never sent a proof, just a bill. I told her over the phone that I was very unhappy with the level of service provided and said that I did not want to list to with Yellow Pages Group again. I also informed her of this by email. No reply was recieved, just a bill.

This year however, Yellow Pages Group have hit a new poor standard of advertising...no phone call, no advertising proof, no emails - just a $500 bill for a service that I had requested be cancelled last year. To make it worse, the advert published has an incorrect postage address (i.e) it goes to another businesses post office box, my home phone is listed, and I don't even have a business anymore!

Apparently this is their 'repeat billing' policy - in which things repeat without any authorisation from the advertiser and not even a yearly courtesy call to check that the deatils are correct - and remember the key point here - I was contacted about this over the phone, I was never advised of any repeat billing policy, never sent a terms of buiness contract to read, never signed anything - all I got were bills and Indians with incomprehensible acccents. However, it seems my verbal authorisationwas all that was required to commence this process...in light of this I would hope my verbal authorisation was enough to halt the process but apparently not.

I will be opening a case at the Disputes Tribunal with this shortly, and letting the media know about it. I strongly urge anyone else who is disatisifed with Yellow Pages Group to take up issue with this business also as the customer service and support is totally non-existent, I consdier them to be the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

• SPG Consultants Oct 06, 2009

It is a well known fact that dealing with telemarketing agents can sometimes be one of life's most stressful and stagnating experiences.

Harassing calls, threats and use of obscene language can pressurize you to the edge and moreover, a collector may embarrass you by contacting your employer or even be pursued to disburse for a debt that is not rightfully yours.

There are limits on how far telemarketers can go, that is why we provide information on how to put an end to telemarketer calls and more efficiently, how to correspond with them about your account and/or to dispute a collection action and can teach you what are your rights in terms of privacy.

You can find out more information on our website: www.spgconsultants.webs.com

By informing each other, we protect each other.

Sincerely,

• I am dealing with the same issue with Yellow Pages in Canada, they are horrible.

Resolved unauthorized advertising renewals

I advertised with the Yellow Pages about four years ago. I have tried to cancel this ad many times to no
avail. I contacted a supervisor who was unable to find any calls of my cancellations. I keep getting a bill every year and was just told recently that I have to send a registered letter to them to cancel next years. This is very deceptive and they think they have you locked in. Do to the bad economy my company has gone out of business and I haven't even had that phone number in over a year. Why would I want to renew when I never even got any calls in the first place? I am about ready to file a class action suit against them. Maybe if enough of us got on board, they would put an end to their trickery.
Any comments?
[protected]@charter.net

• 2n
    2no_or_not2no Jul 15, 2009

what method of payment did you use and how did you cancel? (e-mail, letter, phone)

rexs Jan 28, 2010

I am sorry that you are not happy with yellow pages. I was looking online and found a website that your business can have a FREE ebillboard. Just go to seekshallfind.com. I was talking to my friend Mike and he has a ebillboard and he is happy with his ebillboard.

Resolved cancel contract

Has anybody been able to cancel there contract with YellowPages.com? It seems like they are a real pain in...

Resolved not holding their side of deal

I posted an ad in yellow pages for my small landscaping business, after about an hour of meeting with one of thier sales reps who came to my house. We went back and forth on what he wanted to set me up with and what I wanted to pay for. I eventually agreed to place my main ad in the Landscaping section, with an additional listing in Ponds, Fountains, and Water Gardens. Needless to say, I got the landscaping part, but not the water gardens part. I phoned in to complain about this, and right away the person on the phone said that the reason it didnt go through is because my number is a cell phone number and they cant use cellphone numbers for additional listings. I mentioned that the additional listing is directly on the agreement that I signed, and he could see that, and agreed with me. However, he said he would initiate an "investigation" (although we just figured out what happened in 2 minutes), and would get back to me within 21 business days. Months later, I have not received this call. I am getting tempted to stop paying my monthly 110.65, but I'm sure they'll try to collect and I'd rather it didnt go sour like that or it might affect my credit. Not happy with how they didnt meet their side of the deal here mainly due to salesperson ignorance and how I'm stuck with it.

• MatZ Feb 14, 2010

Yellow pages Australia are exactly the same!
    I signed up with yellow pages at the start of November 09 and the Ad still is not right! and when you try to get things sorted they just give you the run around "oh so sorry, I'll try and chase that up for you, " or "the person who is hanling that said that they fixed it" and then they expect to be paid! and not even a proof sent out first!
    I have spent more time sending well crafted emails to them, so as not to be too rude, and to which they dont respond, and all the while I have not had a single job through them! and not one call from the online ad either!

Does any one have a number to call the head office??

• Be
    BecB Apr 30, 2010

Hi Don't bother calling head office. I called them so many times. I've even rung Heather Williams who is off the apprentice and she hardly helped at all. They can't organise their way out of a paper bag at that company. I think everyone should stop advertising in there and they wouldn't have a business and it's a rip off. What results have you had? We are still locked in claims, and their"investigation" is absolute lies. They lie for each other and try to cover their tracks. Let me know how you went. I am in WA and I think if there's enough of us out there we should band together to get a lawyer between us and ask for compensation as well. We haven't had any work since our new ad went in. It's a disgrace.
    Thanks for listening
    BecB

• Dw
    Dwayne claridge Jan 02, 2012

I agree they stole away my dream ...lies, deceit, false advertising, made up stats, and now their sending dog the bounty hunter round for payment ...hope they come see me ..

Resolved illegal forgery

Our sales rep from the Yellow Pages Group, gave us one year free of online advertising due to lack of good service. My husband signed the one year agreement. We were not charged anything and it was business as usual. This year, for 2009, our half page ad came out in the Yellow Pages. Upon receipt of our first invoice, I noticed it was about 200.00 more then it should have been. I called the main office for the Yellow Pages - no return phone call. I made a second phone call and another message was left a few weeks later. Almost 1 month later, I finally got upset and demanded someone deal with my issue. The rep on the phone said my husband signed the contract for the online advertising. After arguing with him and telling him my husband DID NOT sign anything, I faxed him everything I or my husband had ever signed. Turns out, our Kamloops sales rep, changed the date on the original agreement that was given to us for free. Sure, she had my husbands signature, but she had changed the date and amount payable each month. Now, the Yellow Pages has offered to refund us the money we have paid extra for the online ad we did not want. They have offered no formal apology or compensation at all. No phone call, no letter, no visit from another sales rep...nothing but a generic email asking us to please sign a release and for us to not sue. I am not signing anything and I am extremely bothered by this entire ordeal. How many other companies have been conned and scammed???

• Mu
    mussatto Nov 21, 2009

I have had a similar situation in a milder way. No one ever contacted me for a renewal and a rep signed my name--total fraud. When I finally changed from Telus to stop the charges, they started threatening me and told me that I authorized the signature--that it wasn't a forgery!!

Something needs to be done about this company!!

rexs Jan 28, 2010

Resolved don't advertise w/ yellowpages.com!

I placed and a print ad as well as an online ad with YellowPages.com this past year. My original intention was just to advertise in the phonebook, but was informed that I could add an online ad for an extra $39.95 which could be canceled at any time. Well with the state of the current economy, my business closed down. I paid off the print for the rest of the year, but was told that it was impossible for me to cancel my online ad. So, I am paying to advertise a company that no longer exists. I call the YellowPages quite frequently and ask them to please remove my company from their site, because not only are they charging me, but I am getting unwanted phone calls from people that have seen the ad.

I didn't want to pay them at all, because the ad was definitely not what I expected and did not include the company's logo which I had sent them. But since the phonebooks is not exactly something that can be canceled after it has been printed, I felt it was my obligation to pay. As for the online ad, it is just ridiculous to me that they refuse to take it down. I have been trying to cancel it for the past year and have racked up a bill of around $300 because I am refusing to pay for a service that is not needed or wanted.

Does anyone know how far the YellowPages will actually carry this thing out? They call me every day and leave messages and constantly send me letters. I have paid them right around $2, 000 for nothing, but cannot see a point in giving them anymore for an online ad that I have been trying to cancel for a year. The $300 that I still owe isn't much compared to how much I have paid them, but I don't want to give into a company that clearly has no business ethics and operates by scamming people out of their money. I don't want to ruin my credit over something so dumb, but is there another way around this ordeal?

• Kg
    kgulley Dec 07, 2009

I have been trying to quit my ad since 9/08 and they have no current contract with me. They continue to bill me and I have sent letters and made monthly phone calls to no avail. What did help is contacting the Federal Trade Commission at 1-877-382-4357. They tell me that if they get enough complaints of this nature that they will open an investigation into the problem. So please make the call. I am concerned that this may be a common business practice at AT&T and if that is the case we need all the help we can get.

rexs Jan 21, 2010

I am sorry that you are not happy with yellowpages. I was looking online and found a website that you can have a FREE ebillboard. Just go to seekshallfind.com.

• Ju
    Just tired Aug 18, 2010

I'm having the same problem, no contract and I want to cancel my ad. They said "we will send someone over" Never happen, three times. I'm just tired of this. I will call the federal trade ASAP. Thanks

Please cal (253) 250-7262 or email [email protected] for more information

Mathew Korba
    Blue Ribbon Auto Glass, Llc.

Resolved bogas soliciation

A few weeks ago I received a call from a collection agency (called Revenue Assurance Partners) and they were...

Resolved harrasing phone calls

This letter is to file an official complaint against the Yellow Pages Group. Over the last 1.5 years I have...

Resolved bad company!

Wow! In a way, I'm glad to hear that we're all in the same boat! We also sent a letter to cancel...

horrible to cancel!!!

Had 1 year contract. Sales rep called to see if I wanted to renew contract on expiration. Told her no. She...

lies and scams

Save yourself hours of frustration and run far far away from this company. From day one unauthorized...

online scam!

I was promised by the salesman for yellowpages.com 400 clicks per month or i wouldn't have to pay in the...

billing for unwanted advertising!

YellowPages.Com even after being told NO, billed my company for advertising thru a company that bills thru Embarq.
The Embarq person that I talked to said that they get a lot of that and that must hope you don't catch it or forget to tell them you don't want it. Upon calling YellowPages.Com to stop this billing they tried to get me to look at the advertisement which I refused and then told me all that I would loose if I canceled this ad but did agree to cancel any further charges and they would agree to take off the current charge. the Company that bills for Yellow Pages told me I would have to pay the current charge. I'm not going to pay. And they had the nerves to call me to get me to go for another ad... free... and just call if I want it.

• Pa
    Paul Perkins Jun 14, 2009

I am an attorney in New Jersey. I have filed a class action. Would you have a minute when I could contact you?

Thanks!

Paul Perkins
    [email protected]
    800.656.9529

rexs Feb 15, 2010

I am sorry that you are not happy with yellowpages.com. I was looking online found a website that you can have a ebillboard for FREE. Just go to seekshallfind.com. I was talking to my friend Bob he sign up for a ebillboard. He told me that he is glad that he got a ebillboard. His business just moved to a new building he went to change this info with yellow book and was on hold for 35 Minutes waiting for someone to talk to. When he went to his ebillboard and change his info and it took him just few minutes.

yellowpages a scam!

I signed up with yellowpages.com may of 2007. From the very beginning, my ad was never right. My ad rep wa...

failure to deliver on contract!

We signed a 12 month contract with yellowpages.com in which we were guaranteed 90 clicks per month (1080...

failure to deliver on promised advertising

My company had contracted with yellowpages.com for promotion of my website. I'd specied in the work...

illegal billing practices

YellowPages.com promised my company, Adventure Films International, more than a year ago that we would be...

incessant phone calls after contract end!

YellowPages.com promised us Delle Electric, LLC a year ago that we would be receiving regular stats with our newly agreed-to contract. Not once in a year did we receive any stats. We were hassled by phone every two hours starting in middle May 2007 for the contract renewal. When I stated that we would not be renewing were then called every hour and a faxed form from Yellowpages.com to cancel the account never showed cancellation instructions but blocked out amounts for the yearly contract they were hoping to procure. I wrote CANCEL ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY and faxed back. Three weeks later they pulled out their regular monthly payment out of contract and a phone call to the rep was met with a suggestion that either this was our last payment (which is not since our contract was over) or there was a problem. This afternoon, June 19, 2007 we started getting phone calls from Yellowpages.com again about renewing our contract and paying the fees. It seems our cancellation has been ignored.

I want the payment of June 15 2007 investigated and returned. I want the phone calls to cease immediately. This is a cease and desist order to the fullest. Stop calling our business line, stop taking payments that were NOT authorized and return the payment you took without authorization and leave us alone. This account is CANCELED.

• Se
    Selina Garrison Jul 04, 2007

I have also had terrible experiences with yellowpages.com since May.

In 2004 smartpages.com (owned by SBC) bought out yellowpages.com and merged the two sites together. Up until that point, I had a great relationship with yellowpages.com. I was notified of the merge and promised that it would not effect my national premium listing. I was told my position and rate would remain the same. When the merge took place, my ad dropped in positioning with them and our logo disappeared.

I called up the new yellowpges.com office to request that they repair these issues. They did put up our logo, however I would have to pay a HUGE increase in monthly advertising costs to to get our positioning back. I was very upset, however they refused to do anything about it.

08/2006, Vic Deverian (sales rep) offered me a 3 mo. contract to try a national tile ad for $4,126. 01/2007, I then called back to take advantage of this offer. I was then told the offer did not exist and I would have to purchase a 12 month contract at an even higher rate. After going through about 6 offices and many more reps, I called the Yellowpages.com Presidents office. I spoke with Rita Haynes (Executive assistant 866-228-0248). Rita took my complaint and assured me someone in her office would contact me to resolve this issue. The call never came. I called several more times and nothing.

05/08/07 Rita gave me a call to tell me that the offer never existed and more importantly my account was now past due. First, I was unaware we even still had an ad. My understanding was I cancelled in 01/2007 to negotiate a bigger ad. However, they did not cancel and kept billing me. Since her call, I sent in two payments. What I would like to know, is why would an executive assistant to the president be calling me to tell me this? They do have a collections department.

My ad remained up until 06/29/2007. HERE"S WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW. 06/29/07 yellowpages.com launched a new interface. This means they now had development costs to cover. So, for any reason possible they dropped tons of ads from their listings. WHY? - to force you into higher contracts and lock you in for 12 months! Tssk Tssk! This should leave you with a couple questions. 1. For a company who boasts about how many visitors it's site gets, why would they feel the need to lock you into long term contract? 2. Is yellowpages.com guilty of unfair business practices? - YES!

WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?

1. Immediately file a complaint with the Pasadena Better Business Bureau. www.labbb.org

2. File a complaint with the Dept of Consumer Affairs. www.consumeraffairs.co.la.us

3. File a complaint with the State of California.
    www.usa.ca.gove

4. Post complaints with consumer Blogs everywhere! Continue to revisit them for updated information. WHY? - CLASS ACTION MAY COME UP

5. Call Rita Haynes in the Presidents Office. She has since become a "Executive Manager". 866-228-0248

6. Send a certified letter to the presidents office requesting immediate solution.
    Yellowpages.com
    7 North Fair Oaks Ave #200
    Pasadena, CA 91103

I am asking anyone who has had a bad experience with yellowpages.com to contact me directly at [email protected] I will be posting formal yellowpages.com consumer blog.

• Bo
    Bob Cronin Jul 13, 2007

Thanks for your site. The phone # for the Presidents office was very useful, I just called. Hopefully they will allow me to finally cancel my account. Here are the details:

-Got an unsolicited sales call in May 2006. Signed up for a basic listing, as I was trying to get more business.

-Paid my bills regularly. Never got a single call or job from the listing.

-One month before my contract was up (1 year contract) I called the number on the bill, requesting that my account be canceled. I was told it would be, no problem.

-Following month, I get a call from a sales guy. He tries to get me to stay on. I refuse and tell him I would like to cancel the ad. He tells me I need to fill out some odd zero-ed out contract form in order to cancel. I thought that was odd, since all they required for me to sign up was a verbal agreement on the phone (recorded, of course). Why should I sign a contract in order to CANCEL service? He emailed me the form. I faxed it back.

-Next month (June 07), I get a bill, and email the sales rep asking why. No response.

-Next month (a few days ago), I get a second bill- with a collections letter. I email the sales rep. No response.

-Today, I get a voicemail from yellowpages.com collections, telling me they are going to send my past-due account to a collections agency. The rep leaves a phone number which does not work (results in an "out of service" error when I try to call). I email the sales rep, no immediate response. I call the sales rep. He tells me he will fix the problem and call me back. This was 4 hours ago, no call back yet.

-Called the President's Office. Spoke with an assistant, who tells me he will get back to me today with an answer of some kind.

All in all, it seems like a very shady operation. Never again will I do business with Yellowpages.com. Signing up with them was a BIG mistake. I made a grand total of $0 from the listing, and spent hundreds of dollars on the listing, and hours and hours of time trying to cancel. Now my credit rating is in jeopardy due to their sleazy business practices, and I am praying and hoping that I will finally be able to cleanly sever my ties with the company.

• De
    Dean Tucker Aug 29, 2007

We signed a 12 month contract with guarantees us 90 clicks per month on average and 1080 clicks over the next 12 months. Our first three months we received 42, 15, & 8 clicks respectively with no actual customers generated. They refuse to allow us out of our contract and state that if we don't get the required clicks by the end of the contract they will continue our ad for free until we get the clicks. I do not want to continue to pay almost $400/month for clicks I might get years from now. At the current rate it will take 49.86 months (4.15 years). They seem to think that I have to uphold my end of the contract, but they don't have to uphold theirs. They refuse to let me out of the contract. This is an extremely unfair business practice in my opinion. They claim they will "re-work" the account, but I'm concerned that I will now start getting phony inflated click data as an attempt to keep me in a contract that is not performing.

• Se
    SE Construction Apr 24, 2008

I signed up with yellowpages.com 8 months ago. I have had ZERO calls! I have receiebved ZERO emails! The product does not perform and in fact as I write this I tink I will just take them to small claims court and see what I get there. I will make sure the thousands of customers and people that I know will NEVER use there services.

• Ba
    barcena Apr 29, 2008

I used to work there...all these complaints are true. It doesn't work. For anyone!! It's an online directory where 2% of consumers use when looking online for something. They say they are the 25th most visited website in the country...what a crock of ###.
    Everyone is cancelling with them because their numbers of consumers looking for a particular business are bogus and not true. Do not buy this junk!!!

• Je
    Jerry May 06, 2008

YellowPages.com is the biggest scam EVER! They lure you in with some very attractive promises that they can't deliver on. "How many calls would you need per month to cover the cost of this ad? One? Two? Five? We can GUARANTEE you 80 calls a month. Can you handle that much business?" (They also "guarantee" first page placement on Google and Yahoo. What they don't tell you is this placement is for them, NOT you.) We took the bait August 9th 2007 and our credit card was billed on August 22, 2007 (13 days later!). According to their claims, we should have received 640 calls in the 8 months since signing up. If we are lucky, we have received maybe 20. The first month we had no calls, no e-mails, 10 clicks on our ad and 5 to our web site. They were all either us or our rep checking to see if YellowPages had fixed any of the wrong information on our ad!
    1) web address (took 3-4 weeks to fix)
    2) logo-don't know where they got the one they had (took 2-3 months to fix)
    3) business hours (3-4 weeks)
    4) payment information (3-4 weeks)
    I called our sales rep (Ellen) MANY times about these errors but it still took forever to get them fixed. She was slow calling us back and always seemed to have an excuse. It was almost like, after we signed on the dotted line their "Customer Service" got really crappy! But they still managed to promptly billed our credit card every month, even though the ad was wrong.
    As a side note, in October and November our credit card was over limit and the charges were refused. December their collection dept called me saying we were 2 months behind in our billing and demanded immediate payment . I told him that was the first I heard of it and asked why they hadn't sent me a notice. His answer-they don't do that. I gave them our debit card number for a one time charge and asked that they send a bill rather then billing the credit card. He said they're "not set up to do that" and they "only do credit card billing". RIGHT!!!
    Also, they are supposed e-mail a monthly activity report. From September 2007 to February 2008 I had to call our sales rep to get a copy of that report because we never got the e-mail. Ellen could never tell me why that was, but always said she "would look into it". In either December or January she finally told me they had the wrong e-mail address (that she entered incorrectly). Guess what-- for 4 months any client who tried to contact us by e-mail was rejected! Ellen apologized for it and was going to fix it right away but didn't. Then our business slowed down and we were looking for ways to cut expenses until the Real Estate market picked up again. I called Ellen to see if we could cancel, cut back or tweak the ad in some way. She and her supervisor (Kim) were supposed to come out the next Saturday morning (the only day that my husband & I could both be there). Kim had a family emergency and we had to reschedule for the next Saturday. Kim was sick and we needed to reschedule--again. I had enough, so the following Monday I called the Corporate offices and was finally connected to Jennifer (818-937-5744). I told her about all the issues. She was very apologetic and immediately fixed the e-mail address, gave us a credit for 2 months and said she would change the account to paper billing. E-mail address was changed, credit was issued, but the billing was never changed.
    I just called "Customer Care", reiterated all the problems we had and asked why the billing was not changed in January. The customer care rep (Candice) said that to qualify for paper billing the account needed to be at least 6 months old and the billing must be at least $500.00 a year. She didn't see any reason why it would be rejected and said she had to submit the request to the billing department by e-mail (done today). She should have an answer in 48 hours. I checked my notes & reconfirmed what she told me with her. I also said I would call her back in 2 days to confirm the billing has been changed.
    Also, to cancel your contract at the end of the term you need to fax a letter to them at 1-800-303-3342 stating that you want to cancel the contract at the end of billing (I'm going to put and exact ending date!), Why you want to cancel and your phone number. I plan to Fax the request to them once a month from now until August, just to be sure they get it.
    YellowPages.com's business slogan should be "At YellowPages.com we over promise and under deliver!"
    I will update this to let you know if the billing has been changed in 2 days.

• Ea
    Easy Music Mobile DJ Service Jun 30, 2008

I in the last few weeks have had a an ongoing nightmare with yellowpages.com
    First I was visited by their sales rep who was a nice guy and I truly believe that he believed what he was talking about. However his sales presentation was obviously trained into him. It in itself is deceptive.
    Through the wording it gave an understanding that yellowpages.com and AT&T were partners with Google and Yahoo and that they not only had the abiltity to give you constant exposure on those search engines but that they also could work magic with a multitude of other search engines.
    So I believed what I was told and actually bragged about it to my friends that I had signed directly with Google and Yahoo. That I was going to pay $700. plus a month and that I was going to be at the top of them both locally.
    Honestly as with most of us business people we just are not web designers nor are we aware of deceptive web terminology.
    First the web site that they were going to design for me no one contacted me in any way to let me know to take a look at it and at least approve it before I was charged. All of a sudden I went online to my bank and they had charged money to an account that I don't keep money in except to pay bills. So it over drew the account. I called them and they said that my site had been completed and that I should have recieved a package letting me know how to get there and how tomake changes.
    I said I hadn't and asked them how to get there and they actually couldn't tell me.
    They said they would send me instructions and a welcome package to my E-Mail right away. I checked the next morning only to find no instructions.
    So I get a call and I ask the mysterious customer how he got my number he said yahoo and I asked if he saw a web site and he said yes and gave me the address. "I now think this caller may have been a set up."
    So I punched it in and there it was my first viewing of the web site they constructed. Since I have very little experience with a web site I thought it looked fairly good and I wanted to change some things so I called the number again complained told them my story and they connected me to a recording that said that they were not in and would call me back. they called two days later. By the way still no welcome package.
    Then I went to google and yahoo and checked it out for myself. Yes I found myself very easily several ways and so I waited for Phone calls or E-Mails>- NONE so I went back to google and yahoo two days later and the only way I was able to find myself was to actually put in the name of the business.
    I called the rep and he gave me the gumball machine analogy which didn't make any sence to me because he had givin me the impression that I would be on top all the time.
    I called them and told them I wanted to cancel they argued with me that I could not and I said very firmly you are not giving me what I was told 8 or more calls a month which is nothing and and X amount of Clicks which I did not understand. Because if you look up a number in the phone directory you call it right?.
    They said that they would credit my account at the end of the year tward the next year. Well if im looding already I don't want a next year or even this one.
    So at this point im very upset and not happy with what has happened.
    I actually called Google and asked about this and they said that yellowpages.com not AT&T were not a part of their company that they were just selling their product as a third party and could not support these claims.
    They told me where to go on their site to do all this myself and actually have a chance of getting on and being seen.
    If anyone has any input would you please send me an E-Mail.

• Ga
    GameYan Studio Jul 22, 2019

hello,
    this is from gameyan animation studio.
    i submitted my business profile as per your requirements, but when i am searching my business in search bar it is not showing in database. so, can find the problem is what.
    i am waithing for your responce

Thank you.