Menu
YellowPages
reviews & complaints

YellowPages
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

64 complaints
19 resolved 45 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of YellowPages. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
D
3:25 pm

YellowPages - telemarketing abuse

We have been plagued by never endingphone callfrom Yello Page Telemarketers. We ahve asked them not to call and they refuse. We have spoken to "managers" and have been subjected to abuse. They say we cannot stop thier calls. They said we don't have enough money to force them to stop. And one so called manager went so far as to say that if we where "anal" for requesting they stop phoning until we buy advertising.

I have emailed AT7T and Yellow Pages, received polite"we have received you message and will be in touch" and have not heard a peep back fomr them.

One more call from them and I will cancell my AT&T service for my offices and for my wireless.

I am posting this in the hopes that someone has a cure for this sort of abuse and harrassment. Amazingly unprofessional!

Update by D Harling
Jun 15, 2010 3:28 pm

Apologies for the goofy spelling errors... was spitting mad and didn't spell check!

Grrrrrr...

Jun 15, 2010 2:57 am

Dear D. Harling,

Go to www.dnc.com. Put your phone numbers in the system and have it removed from all national telemarketing calls. DNC means Do Not Call List. Also, you can send them a letter titled Cease & Desist Order.

This tells them you forbid them from contacting you by phone ever again. Send it by fax as well if you can get a fax number from them. These two resources should help. Both are legal ways they have to comply. If they do not, you can sue them for harrassment.

hope this helps.

AC

B
6:57 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

YellowPages - book ad

We have advertise with the yellow pages and after calling three times to get a proof, and finally receiving it totally wrong, we never quite got it right before it went to print. That was two months of running around and calling my stupid, lazy consultant who made every excuse and lie under the sun, as to why we weren't happy with the ad. I was told that...

G
6:07 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

YellowPages - deceptive practices / horrible service

Had the free listing for company with 10 customer reviews when decided to increase presence. I called to sign up for advertising three times and got three different prices. Finally agreed to terms.

In spite of submitting my own artwork, after SIX MONTHS they still didn't have our ad correct. Further, they had deleted our free ad, along with all our customer reviews. After 72 emails trying to get this corrected, I gave up and canceled our contract due to non-performance. Yellowpages.com still extorted $250 out us by threatening to ruin our company's credit.

We still do not have a free ad listed, as everytime I try to "claim this business" they block me. All they currently have listed is our company name and an incorrect zip code.

Don't waste your money with this company. There are much better ways of getting online exposure for your business.

Hide full review

I want to thank all the wonderful individuals who have taken their time to respond to our comment/complaint and, apologize to those whom we have not returned contact. Your response (needless to say) has been over whelming. AT&T-Yellowpages.com and Blue Ribbon Auto Glass, Llc. have mutually agreed to terminate our contract and we have received a full refund. This does not excuse AT&T's misrepresentation of their product or unconscionable behavior. Nor does this make-up for our total financial losses. However, at this time we are not pursuing our law suite.

If I could pass on what this experience has shown me, I would say to, Not go quietly into the night. Let your voice be heard. File your complaint with as many organizations outside of ATT's control as possible. The BBB, Federal Trade commission, State Attorney Generals Office etc... If you are paying with a credit/debit card, STOP PAYMENT NOW! And dispute the charges with your card company (AT&T must prove their charges are valid to the card company and are not allowed to contact the person or business disputing the charges about the amount disputed until it is settled). If they do so, file a complaint with your card company (Visa/MC/AMEX/DC) not your bank. If you have been sent to collections, dispute the validity of the original bill. Make AT&T prove they provided the service. Your contract is for clicks, not calls. AT&T must show a preponderance of proof that your clicks are in accordance with your specific contract. The plain and simple truth is they can not. IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE THE SERVICE STATED IN YOUR CONTRACT, THE CONTRACT IS NOT VALID. Finally, USE the experience and advice given on the complaint board. It is a great resource!

0 0

My name is Mathew Korba. I am the owner of Blue Ribbon Auto Glass Llc in Tacoma, Wa. I too attempted to advertise with the YPConnect program (yellow pages on-line), marketed by AT&T advertising. We are currently seeking businesses and individuals who have not received the services promised by Yellowpages.com Llc as sold by AT&T Advertising Solutions to partipate in a class action suite. The purpose of the suite is to recover financial losses incurred by mis-leading sales tactics and Yellowpages.com Llc's inability to deliver it's product as advertised. You are encouraged to participate.

2:35 pm

YellowPages - don't waste your money

I requested a change of address and phone number on our yellowpages.com ad for at least 2 months since we moved to our new location and all we get are deaf ears. We are paying for the ads and not getting the results we would like. I spoke to numerous managers in several department and all we got is a run-around. Nothing gets done after 2 months. They told me it takes 6 weeks to change an address. So much for high tech ... you figure it out from here. Don't waste your money.

G
Feb 05, 2010 2:57 am

I'm sorry for your experience. There is no reason such a simple change should be so difficult. I'm an account manager for AT&T Interactive. If you give me a call on my cell at [protected] I'd be happy to conference with customer service and help you get to the bottom of this problem.

Jan 28, 2010 2:57 am

I am sorry that you are not happy with yellow pages. I was looking online and found a website that your business can have a FREE ebillboard. Just go to seekshallfind.com. I was talking to my friend Mike and he has a ebillboard and he is happy with his ebillboard.

F
9:01 am

YellowPages - scam

I signed up for a yellowpages.com ad with a 12 month agreement totaling $7800. I am now more than two months in to it and my ad is incorrect. Local salespeople will not call me back and AT&T's 800 number listed on the bill connects you to a voice mail box that is always full. They have created an ad for me that does not accurately represent the products I wish to market and never gave me an opportunity to proof read it or select the content that should be displayed. The first 45 days the ad was live it was not displayed in all of the geographical areas I had selected and paid for. I was promised a credit, which has not come yet and no response from sales people or customer service. My profile on yellowpages.com actually contains a link that goes to a competitors website. Without communication from them, I am unable to get this resolved. In addition, my local sales rep quoted me call counts in excess of 30 per month which is just completely made up as I have not attributed any calls to this service. I may stop paying for the service but from what I am reading, it seems like AT&T will sue you.

Feb 27, 2014 2:57 am

Is there seriously no way to cancel a contract with these idiots? I have never been so frustrated and scammed before. I am about to lose my company because of these worthless and pathetic people

Jan 21, 2010 2:57 am

I am sorry that you are not happy with yellow pages. I was looking online and I found a website that you can setup a FREE ebillboard. Just go to seekshallfind.com

E
Dec 23, 2009 2:57 am

I have had similar bad experience with YellowPages.com. They have always misreported leads.

9:32 pm

YellowPages - deceptive practices, lack of service

I signed up for a yellowpages.com ad with a 12 month agreement totaling $7800. I am now more than two months in to it and my ad is incorrect. Local salespeople will not call me back and AT&T's 800 number listed on the bill connects you to a voice mail box that is always full. They have created an ad for me that does not accurately represent the products I wish to market and never gave me an opportunity to proof read it or select the content that should be displayed. The first 45 days the ad was live it was not displayed in all of the geographical areas I had selected and paid for. I was promised a credit, which has not come yet and no response from sales people or customer service. My profile on yellowpages.com actually contains a link that goes to a competitor’s website. Without communication from them, I am unable to get this resolved. In addition, my local sales rep quoted me call counts in excess of 30 per month which is just completely made up as I have not attributed any calls to this service. I may stop paying for the service but from what I am reading, it seems like AT&T will sue you.

I would be very interested in participtaing in a class action suit agains AT&T/Yellowpages.com and can be reached at 704-846-1400.

Thanks,
John Testa

C
Mar 04, 2010 2:57 am

is there a class action lawsuit yet? or does anyone know how to get out of a contract for the online ad?

contact me at cwilliamst at tx.rr.com

Feb 15, 2010 2:57 am

I am sorry that you are not happy with yellow book. I was looking online found a website that you can have a ebillboard for FREE. Just go to seekshallfind.com. I was talking to my friend Dave he sign up for a ebillboard. He told me that he is glad that he got a ebillboard. His business just moved to a new building he went to change this info with yellow book and was on hold for 35 Minutes waiting for someone to talk to. When he went to his ebillboard and change his info and it took him just few minutes.

Jan 12, 2010 2:57 am

Get a class action going in Canada to they effectivly hoodwinked us Junkbins.com appreciate any other disgruntled buisness owners please send info to [email protected]

W
7:31 pm

YellowPages - sales & advertising techniques

Firstly, it suprises me there isn't a catergory for advertising company compiants here, given the amount of fraud that goes on in this industry. My tale of woe with the YELLOW PAGES GROUP goes on for two years. Once upon I had a very small home business (and bear with me here, at the time I was poor struggling solo mother with a a young child to support (now working as a computer programmer for a government body)) and I had an unsolicitated phone call from a person with a thick Indian accent I couldn't undertstand. They asked me if I wanted to place an advertisment with the Yellow Pages Group, I said yes the first year...and they managed to get the advertisment right after about 5 proofs. At no time during the discussion was I made aware on any repeat billing on this ad or any other business policies.

The next year a another person (a woman this time) with a heavy Indian accent called and asked me if I wanted to place another advertisement this year, this woman was extremely pushy and rude, but I agreed to take out another small ad. At no time were any mention of billing practices made. She made serious errors with my listing, it was more than she quoted over the phone, and I was never sent a proof, just a bill. I told her over the phone that I was very unhappy with the level of service provided and said that I did not want to list to with Yellow Pages Group again. I also informed her of this by email. No reply was recieved, just a bill.

This year however, Yellow Pages Group have hit a new poor standard of advertising...no phone call, no advertising proof, no emails - just a $500 bill for a service that I had requested be cancelled last year. To make it worse, the advert published has an incorrect postage address (i.e) it goes to another businesses post office box, my home phone is listed, and I don't even have a business anymore!

Apparently this is their 'repeat billing' policy - in which things repeat without any authorisation from the advertiser and not even a yearly courtesy call to check that the deatils are correct - and remember the key point here - I was contacted about this over the phone, I was never advised of any repeat billing policy, never sent a terms of buiness contract to read, never signed anything - all I got were bills and Indians with incomprehensible acccents. However, it seems my verbal authorisationwas all that was required to commence this process...in light of this I would hope my verbal authorisation was enough to halt the process but apparently not.

I will be opening a case at the Disputes Tribunal with this shortly, and letting the media know about it. I strongly urge anyone else who is disatisifed with Yellow Pages Group to take up issue with this business also as the customer service and support is totally non-existent, I consdier them to be the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

Hide full review

I am dealing with the same issue with Yellow Pages in Canada, they are horrible.

S
Oct 06, 2009 2:57 am

It is a well known fact that dealing with telemarketing agents can sometimes be one of life's most stressful and stagnating experiences.

Harassing calls, threats and use of obscene language can pressurize you to the edge and moreover, a collector may embarrass you by contacting your employer or even be pursued to disburse for a debt that is not rightfully yours.

There are limits on how far telemarketers can go, that is why we provide information on how to put an end to telemarketer calls and more efficiently, how to correspond with them about your account and/or to dispute a collection action and can teach you what are your rights in terms of privacy.

You can find out more information on our website: www.spgconsultants.webs.com

By informing each other, we protect each other.

Sincerely,

YellowPages - unauthorized advertising renewals

I advertised with the Yellow Pages about four years ago. I have tried to cancel this ad many times to no
avail. I contacted a supervisor who was unable to find any calls of my cancellations. I keep getting a bill every year and was just told recently that I have to send a registered letter to them to cancel next years. This is very deceptive and they think they have you locked in. Do to the bad economy my company has gone out of business and I haven't even had that phone number in over a year. Why would I want to renew when I never even got any calls in the first place? I am about ready to file a class action suit against them. Maybe if enough of us got on board, they would put an end to their trickery.
Any comments?
[email protected]

N
Jul 15, 2009 2:57 am

what method of payment did you use and how did you cancel? (e-mail, letter, phone)

7:22 pm

YellowPages - cancel contract

Has anybody been able to cancel there contract with YellowPages.com? It seems like they are a real pain in the butt to deal with! They told me $390 for 90 clix per month but are charging me $508! Plus I havent gotten one call, quote or email as a result from them. So I am just interested in checking in on what has happened to the rest of you? Please let me know at [email protected]

1:14 am

YellowPages - not holding their side of deal

I posted an ad in yellow pages for my small landscaping business, after about an hour of meeting with one of thier sales reps who came to my house. We went back and forth on what he wanted to set me up with and what I wanted to pay for. I eventually agreed to place my main ad in the Landscaping section, with an additional listing in Ponds, Fountains, and Water Gardens. Needless to say, I got the landscaping part, but not the water gardens part. I phoned in to complain about this, and right away the person on the phone said that the reason it didnt go through is because my number is a cell phone number and they cant use cellphone numbers for additional listings. I mentioned that the additional listing is directly on the agreement that I signed, and he could see that, and agreed with me. However, he said he would initiate an "investigation" (although we just figured out what happened in 2 minutes), and would get back to me within 21 business days. Months later, I have not received this call. I am getting tempted to stop paying my monthly 110.65, but I'm sure they'll try to collect and I'd rather it didnt go sour like that or it might affect my credit. Not happy with how they didnt meet their side of the deal here mainly due to salesperson ignorance and how I'm stuck with it.

Hide full review

I agree they stole away my dream ...lies, deceit, false advertising, made up stats, and now their sending dog the bounty hunter round for payment ...hope they come see me ..

B
Apr 30, 2010 2:57 am

Hi Don't bother calling head office. I called them so many times. I've even rung Heather Williams who is off the apprentice and she hardly helped at all. They can't organise their way out of a paper bag at that company. I think everyone should stop advertising in there and they wouldn't have a business and it's a rip off. What results have you had? We are still locked in claims, and their"investigation" is absolute lies. They lie for each other and try to cover their tracks. Let me know how you went. I am in WA and I think if there's enough of us out there we should band together to get a lawyer between us and ask for compensation as well. We haven't had any work since our new ad went in. It's a disgrace.
Thanks for listening
BecB

Feb 14, 2010 2:57 am

Yellow pages Australia are exactly the same!
I signed up with yellow pages at the start of November 09 and the Ad still is not right! and when you try to get things sorted they just give you the run around "oh so sorry, I'll try and chase that up for you, " or "the person who is hanling that said that they fixed it" and then they expect to be paid! and not even a proof sent out first!
I have spent more time sending well crafted emails to them, so as not to be too rude, and to which they dont respond, and all the while I have not had a single job through them! and not one call from the online ad either!

Does any one have a number to call the head office?

T
7:28 pm

YellowPages - illegal forgery

Our sales rep from the Yellow Pages Group, gave us one year free of online advertising due to lack of good service. My husband signed the one year agreement. We were not charged anything and it was business as usual. This year, for 2009, our half page ad came out in the Yellow Pages. Upon receipt of our first invoice, I noticed it was about 200.00 more then it should have been. I called the main office for the Yellow Pages - no return phone call. I made a second phone call and another message was left a few weeks later. Almost 1 month later, I finally got upset and demanded someone deal with my issue. The rep on the phone said my husband signed the contract for the online advertising. After arguing with him and telling him my husband DID NOT sign anything, I faxed him everything I or my husband had ever signed. Turns out, our Kamloops sales rep, changed the date on the original agreement that was given to us for free. Sure, she had my husbands signature, but she had changed the date and amount payable each month. Now, the Yellow Pages has offered to refund us the money we have paid extra for the online ad we did not want. They have offered no formal apology or compensation at all. No phone call, no letter, no visit from another sales rep...nothing but a generic email asking us to please sign a release and for us to not sue. I am not signing anything and I am extremely bothered by this entire ordeal. How many other companies have been conned and scammed?

M

I have had a similar situation in a milder way. No one ever contacted me for a renewal and a rep signed my name--total fraud. When I finally changed from Telus to stop the charges, they started threatening me and told me that I authorized the signature--that it wasn't a forgery!

Something needs to be done about this company!

C
4:06 pm

YellowPages - don't advertise w/ yellowpages.com!

I placed and a print ad as well as an online ad with YellowPages.com this past year. My original intention was just to advertise in the phonebook, but was informed that I could add an online ad for an extra $39.95 which could be canceled at any time. Well with the state of the current economy, my business closed down. I paid off the print for the rest of the year, but was told that it was impossible for me to cancel my online ad. So, I am paying to advertise a company that no longer exists. I call the YellowPages quite frequently and ask them to please remove my company from their site, because not only are they charging me, but I am getting unwanted phone calls from people that have seen the ad.

I didn't want to pay them at all, because the ad was definitely not what I expected and did not include the company's logo which I had sent them. But since the phonebooks is not exactly something that can be canceled after it has been printed, I felt it was my obligation to pay. As for the online ad, it is just ridiculous to me that they refuse to take it down. I have been trying to cancel it for the past year and have racked up a bill of around $300 because I am refusing to pay for a service that is not needed or wanted.

Does anyone know how far the YellowPages will actually carry this thing out? They call me every day and leave messages and constantly send me letters. I have paid them right around $2, 000 for nothing, but cannot see a point in giving them anymore for an online ad that I have been trying to cancel for a year. The $300 that I still owe isn't much compared to how much I have paid them, but I don't want to give into a company that clearly has no business ethics and operates by scamming people out of their money. I don't want to ruin my credit over something so dumb, but is there another way around this ordeal?

Aug 18, 2010 2:57 am

I'm having the same problem, no contract and I want to cancel my ad. They said "we will send someone over" Never happen, three times. I'm just tired of this. I will call the federal trade ASAP. Thanks

Jan 21, 2010 2:57 am

I am sorry that you are not happy with yellowpages. I was looking online and found a website that you can have a FREE ebillboard. Just go to seekshallfind.com.

K
Dec 07, 2009 2:57 am

I have been trying to quit my ad since 9/08 and they have no current contract with me. They continue to bill me and I have sent letters and made monthly phone calls to no avail. What did help is contacting the Federal Trade Commission at [protected]. They tell me that if they get enough complaints of this nature that they will open an investigation into the problem. So please make the call. I am concerned that this may be a common business practice at AT&T and if that is the case we need all the help we can get.

1:40 pm

YellowPages - bogas soliciation

A few weeks ago I received a call from a collection agency (called Revenue Assurance Partners) and they were very nasty said I owed for the yellow pages. I called her back and she said since I mailed in a check in 2007 I still owed $295.00. So I went to my file cabinet (I keep detailed files) and low and behold I made a copy of the invoice and mailed a...

View 0 more photos
N
10:31 am

YellowPages - harrasing phone calls

This letter is to file an official complaint against the Yellow Pages Group. Over the last 1.5 years I have received numerous phone calls to change my address on the account. Each time I change the account the address is not changed and my account is in collections due to the fact that the Yellow Pages Groups could not change my address. I received no bill...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

YellowPages - bad company!

Wow! In a way, I'm glad to hear that we're all in the same boat! We also sent a letter to cancel our contract because they did not deliver on the contract agreement. They just called me today to tell me I was 2 months overdue! So, people under contract only get in trouble when it's the little guy who breaks the contract? How about their promises? How come...

4:08 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

YellowPages - horrible to cancel!!!

Had 1 year contract. Sales rep called to see if I wanted to renew contract on expiration. Told her no. She wanted to give me statistics and other stuff. I had to go and said call me or email me tomorrow to get her off the phone. Did not say I would renew and wanted to cancel. She called everyday will sales info. etc. On original call wanted affirmative to...

12:09 pm

YellowPages - lies and scams

Save yourself hours of frustration and run far far away from this company. From day one unauthorized withdrawels from our bank account, hours of being on hold, being hung up on, and lied to were never ending. Almost everything they say is a scam...the reports are bogus and you have to hound them to send them to you. Their is no corporate office or building...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

YellowPages - online scam!

I was promised by the salesman for yellowpages.com 400 clicks per month or i wouldn't have to pay in the first month i had 50 hits, (they say) but yet the still billed my account. my add has also never been correct. When i told them i wanted to cancel they threatened to "come after me aggressively" my company clark county plumbing is trying to start a class action law suit against them if anyone is interested please contact us.

12:00 am

YellowPages - billing for unwanted advertising!

YellowPages.Com even after being told NO, billed my company for advertising thru a company that bills thru Embarq.
The Embarq person that I talked to said that they get a lot of that and that must hope you don't catch it or forget to tell them you don't want it. Upon calling YellowPages.Com to stop this billing they tried to get me to look at the advertisement which I refused and then told me all that I would loose if I canceled this ad but did agree to cancel any further charges and they would agree to take off the current charge. the Company that bills for Yellow Pages told me I would have to pay the current charge. I'm not going to pay. And they had the nerves to call me to get me to go for another ad... free... and just call if I want it.

Feb 15, 2010 2:57 am

I am sorry that you are not happy with yellowpages.com. I was looking online found a website that you can have a ebillboard for FREE. Just go to seekshallfind.com. I was talking to my friend Bob he sign up for a ebillboard. He told me that he is glad that he got a ebillboard. His business just moved to a new building he went to change this info with yellow book and was on hold for 35 Minutes waiting for someone to talk to. When he went to his ebillboard and change his info and it took him just few minutes.

P
Jun 14, 2009 2:57 am

I am an attorney in New Jersey. I have filed a class action. Would you have a minute when I could contact you?

Thanks!

Paul Perkins
[email protected]
800.656.9529

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

YellowPages - yellowpages a scam!

I signed up with yellowpages.com may of 2007. From the very beginning, my ad was never right. My ad rep was sexually inappropriate after I had already signed up indicating he might have gotten a young ad rep co-worker drunk and taken advantage of her. When I tried to make changes to my ad either by phone or e-mail I never got a response back. My ad rep wa...

YellowPages contacts