Xlibris Publishing / xlibris refusal to pay 100% royalties

1 Bloomington, IN, United States Review updated:

My son published a book with Xlibris, "The Sick and His Passenger" the company talked him into spending money on several edits and then to spend more money on being able to received 100% royalties. This was extremely disappointing and frustrating. The company has paid my son pennies compared to what they have made on his book. Their customer service is horrible and they made so many phone calls to my son to get more and more money before they published the book!!! Now, we cannot get anyone to call us back or to respond to any emails. My son worked so hard, and it took hours and months to write this book about his father, who died of Pancreatic Cancer; this is so heartbreaking.

Pa
Mar 26, 2018

Comments

• Xl
      27th of Mar, 2018

Hello, and thank you for your message. We're sorry to hear you've had a poor experience with us. We will make sure Customer Service responds to you. We will also tell them to put you and your son on the "Do Not Call" list, such that you are not further contacted by salespeople.

• Se
      13th of Nov, 2018

Xlibris published my book, 'Raymie' in 2010. I questioned family and friends about whom was buying my book and to my surprise many of them have purchased my book. I have asked Xlibris many times, where is my royalties? Today I got a letter from Content Distributions saying that I need to fill-out a W-9 for Tax purposes? They claim that they only sold 2 of my books the last 2 years? I know for sure that my book sold very well. I found on the Internet that my Book, Raymie is a Best seller and it is being translated in French! I was shocked to say the least!
    Now We are hiring an Attorney to handle the case. If any one is thinking of using Xlibris to self-publish their book, DON'T DO IT!!! Your heart will be broken as mine have been.

Signed, S. E. Denegal