Xbox Live / banned without any reason!

1 Redmond, WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-4699269

I subscribe to xbox live service. Last week I was banned from playing for 1 day because they stated I abused there code of conduct, I accepted this as I did have the F word written on my profile, It has since been erased. I have since made sure I have not Disobeyed any of there rules as stated in there code of conduct. Yet I Have again been banned this time I have been banned for 1 week. This is unacceptable, I have not violated there terms. I called and there customer service, and was advised there was nothing the CSR could do to assist me in this matter as I am in violation. I asked her specifically what was done to violate this code of conduct and I asked for proof that I have violated it. She said they don't have to provide proof and there was nothing anyone could do. I asked to speak to s supervisor she said they cant do anything either and continued to repeat, this was my fault and no one can change this. I again asked for a supervisor as I am a paying customer that is dissatisfied, she put me on hold for about 3 minutes then hung up on me. I do sincerely hope all calls are recorded so that I may get the assistance that I need and the CSR in question can be trained in proper customer service. Regardless of this I would like some assistance in resolving this matter I am paying for a service that is not being used because they banned me again which I feel is an error on there part. If it is not then I would like proof of what i have done wrong as I will be sure not to repeat this mistake.

Va

Comments

• Mi
      11th of Feb, 2008

Same thing happened to me. I was told to go to xbox.com and write an email in the community forum. After doing this I still got no explanation on why I was suspended. The customer service advised me that the live moderators don;t answer phone calls. How can expect to fix the problem if the problem is not explained. Read the code of conduct I was told. I did. I had not done anything out of the ordinary that anyone else has done while on live. I play in the underground forum, which by their own definition is a trash talking forum. The frustration of not knowing is bugging the crap out of me. If anything, I should have been suspended while playing gears of war over a year ago. I participated in some mutually heated trash talking sessions. Now I play CO4, which limits the conversation time.

6th of Jun, 2008

I have been playing xbox live for some time now.. and most games dont give you the chance to plug because there is no reason.. but NBA live does.. i dont know how many times ive been winning a game late in the 4 n lose the connection.. after everything workin fine before then.. or with 8 sec.s left the other player pause n "lose connection" . it makes it so i dont even want to play.. whats the sense if u can plug.. they should either lose the game.. or some type of rating be by their name to show if they plug.. whether its on purpose or not.. because who wants to play someone that is going to plug if they lose.. or usually have a bad connection??

• Ni
      30th of Aug, 2008

not happened to me but i was in a game and and i accidently team killed this little boy and he got all of his little friends to file complaint on me because its an accident.

• Sd
      5th of Dec, 2008

same thing here. i had a couple of four letter words in my bio. i got banned for a day and then reinstated only to be banned again the day after. i called the ### at the customer support office who do nothing but sit on their ### all day and was told there was nothing they could do: i was being banned again for the same offense for a longer period of time while paying them $60 a year. is there any other service out there that abuses its customers like this?? Xbox gamers are the only next gen gamers who pay for online gaming and yet we get stiffed the most. unbelievable. i'm not saying that i did not deserve to get banned in the first place, but don't reinstate me only to ban me again at your random discretion.

• Un
      15th of Dec, 2008

I am from Australia, and have been playing gears of war 2 on xbox live for some time now. After losing games, I am taunted by mostly Americans on the final menu, half the time when I lose. After being harassed by a full party of them, 1 continued sending me abusive messages, and i believe they all submitted file complaints on me to get me banned. 1 weeks ban, for being a victim. I'm not happy.

• Fa
      21st of Dec, 2008

i'm having this problem at the moment. I'm currently suspended for violating their code of conduct. i was suspended last month admittedly on my own fault because i had a few swear words in my profile, which I removed and tidied up when my account was reinstated. There's no way it was offensive after,
    After ringing their CSR and talking to them who not only told me that they never investigate complaints made by other users, they just automatically suspend the user complained about but, same story, told me there was [censored] all they could do, I got given an e-mail address to complain to. xboxsup2@microsoft.com.
    I emailed this and warned them I'm approaching my solicitor about microsoft for failing to provide a service I've paid my own money for if they don't provide proof that i've broken the code of conduct.
    Still no reply.
    My solicitors getting called in the morning.
    I agree with the guy above me from Australia. I get messages all the time from sore little American kids i've played online with recently who are asking people to complain about users because some other player kept kicking their ###.

19th of Jan, 2009

I have 186 penalty points from Bungie because my account is curently being hacked and I keep getting booted from Games and from X Box Live which gives me a message that I have been dissconnected from X Box Live because another user logged in using my ID on anothe console Microsoft have given me 3 new passwords to date and it still continues if I renew my X BOX live membership this month by next year I should have at least several thousand penalty points against me over this Hacker problem and" call me stupid" but if I am playing a game logged into X Box Live and someone else signs in using my ID why am I the one that is booted? why is the person logging on not told by X Box Live that it is they who can not log in because the account is already in use and currently on line? and then Bungie ad insult to injury and penalise me?

19th of Jan, 2009

These posts are very old with no follow up post to let us know how people are getting on with their problems or weather they have resolved them or not it seems like people get to boiling point and post a comment and then never follow it up I would like to know if these issues were resolved.

21st of Jan, 2009

Since mid December 2008 I have been getting disconnected from XBOX LIVE because I get a message telling me I have been disconnected from XBOX LIVE because another user has logged in using my account details, Please Note, It doest alert "ME" that someone is logging in with my details it
    disconnects "ME" from XBOX LIVE
    I have contacted XBOX LIVE Support several times and they took me through the procedure of changing my password 3 times and finally
    they said I would have to add a security question which I did, to date none of the above has worked to the extent of 193 penalty
    points from Bungie which means my Skill point is now static at "12" for ever? because I am now minus 193 points of
    ordinary level up and skill level progression and this number is riseing every night, which means that the obvious flaw in Bungies application of penalties is that due to
    hacking I cannot play Halo3 anymore because the more I play it the more I get booted off line because of the other person logging
    in using my account details and neither Bungie or Microsoft can do anything about this, I was not told that I would be penalised
    on a continous basis and apparently banned for being continuosly hacked how does this benifit me the honest player and customer?

• Xb
      11th of Feb, 2009

Xbox Live Customer Support tried their best, unfortunately they are NOT given the resources to answer all of our questions. I had an altercation with a few members of a race team, trash talk was sent back and forth. I emailed support to make them aware of the situation. They advised me to mute the players, block communications, and stop sending messages. I followed their advice exactly. One week later, suspended for a day. Ok, if they were going to suspend me for the trash talking, they should have done so a week ago when I admitted to it. I asked the supervisor "Terry" if she had kids - I then said, if your kid did something wrong and you gave them advice but no punishment, then decided a week later to punish the kid, but not tell him what the punishment was for - WOULD THAT ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING? She was completely speechless. Jose at support, and an EA Moderator told me that people will get banned if there are multiple complaints, I have left this "team" of individuals alone, no messages, all muted, communications blocked altogether, nothing in my bio about any of them. I got suspended because they bombarded my account with complaints. Apparently they didn't "investigate" it very well. If they did, they would be able to tell me what I did wrong, and they would see all communication is blocked with this group of individuals. These are smart guys I am dealing with here on Live - they know how to find my gamer card even if I change my tag, and they know multiple complaints by all 6 of them everyday will get me suspended. My only solution was to request that they allow me to create a new account not at all associated with my old gamertag, and transfer the 3 months of Gold that I have left to the new account. "Unfortunately we cannot do that Sir" is the repeated response. I am selling my XBox elite and going to PS3 where there is no complaint/suspension system. Also, just at random, I asked the supervisor where there office is located, she said it violated their policy to tell me that. I asked what country they were in, she couldn't tell me...so they can know my full name, address, email address, phone number, credit card number, and date of birth, but I can't ask what country they are in? That blew my mind. Good luck to all with these issues...

20th of Feb, 2009

My son was suspended for one day adn had no clue what he had done wrong. the customer suuport team were a joke. I asked to raise a complaint about the policy of banning users without first investigating the complaint which has been made. i was told they could not take a complaint because i didn't have one - only an opinion. unbelievable set up there no complaints sytem, no customer service skills!!

• Si
      28th of Feb, 2009

Oh well, so ive been banned from XBOX LIVE! Don't get me wrong im all for the punishment of wrong doers. Cheaters, moders and the like, so if i've done something wrong then i deserve to be banned, right! I agree. And here's the "BUT". this is the second time in 2 weeks! I was banned last Friday, got back on LIVE Saturday had 1 week of grace and now its Friday, again im banned! WTF! Is that even possible? Could i have had that many complaints against me in just one week? Now i know your thinking well he must of done something wrong. Well i guess my language can be a bit strong some times but that is why my "zone" is set to UNDERGROUND! so is it up to MS to NOT matchmake me with people who's zone is set to FAMILY or people who may be offended by my "ADULT" language? After all they are quite happy for me to download adult content from the marketplace containing offensive language, murder and god knows what else. this is why i have an "ADULT" account. So to top it off i've phoned xbox support to ask them why i was banned so that i can correct my behaviour (NOT ONCE DID I ASK THEM TO UNBAN MY ACCOUNT)and they said that they cant tell me why and that I should just read the code of conduct and abide by it. Great! Just a couple of other thing's (while im banned) 1. I cant seem to load the HALO 3 legendary map pack (or "some" other DL content while offline). Um, I've paid for this content and nowhere does it say I have to be connected to LIVE to access it! 2.While im banned from live I expect to be banned from LIVE! MS seem to think that even though I've "violated" the code of conduct for XBOX LIVE that it's OK for me to still spend my money downloading new game content, movies and music videos!

• Sc
      4th of Mar, 2009

I got banned last night for god knows what. Only use my headset when playing with friends so it's not for abusive language. If its something wrong with my motto then tell me so I can fix it, but they won't tell me so I can't fix whatever it is I supposedly done and risk getting banned again for something I don't know about. The only reason I can think of getting banned for was beating this Guy at gears of war last week who thought he was invisible but quit after 3 rounds and then sent me rakes of abuse cos I lancered him once, boomshot his ### once and shotgunned him once and he couldn't take it, so he must have got his buddies and filed a compaint against me and got me banned. THAT''S WRONG!

• Ke
      22nd of Mar, 2009

Same [censored]e happened to me i had not even used me xbox for a few days come on it and i was banned for one day now i have the code of conduct written in caps on my profile page its totally unacceptable i want to know how to remove the text saying CODE OF CONDUCT of my profile!???

7th of Apr, 2009

I was just playing xbox live on halo, so im playing customs games with a few of my friends ok? well apparently not to MS. i was sitting their with a few of my friends and some kids and i get promoted leader put on a map a gametype and im explaining the rules and... bam disconnected from xbox live blah blah blah you've been banned three days till april 9 just thank god halo maps come out then. so im looking around and i look at my profile everythings clean my profile has nothing on it. so now im pissed becasue their goes 2 days of halo cod5 gears2 which im paying for my own money hard earned cash and MS think they have a right to ban me becasue their too lazy to get up off there ### and look in to some of this crap well i think thats just plain dumb. and my ps3 is broken so i cant sighn into ps3 net so now im pissed off because i cant play Xbox live guees ill just sit on my ### and watch tv and eat donuts every time i get home... hey just like Ms.

• Un
      1st of Jul, 2009

It is quite clear that this ban system is ineffective and bugged.
    The customers are being stiffed.
    I can't believe we even have to pay for this laggy trash, and can be banned without reason.
    Or victims or complaint spamming.
    Recently, I logged in after not playing for 2 weeks, to discover i was banned for a month.
    Please explain MS?
    If any of you try to do something about this, contact me.
    thakey_69@msn.com
    Just let me know who you are.
    Ive had enough of this ### its getting ridiculous.

• Ih
      4th of Aug, 2009

Just got banned for a week dont know why, microsoft are an absolute joke, when you ring to find out they tell you there is nothing you can do... WTF, just because im better than most people at HALO they decide to get every1 to file complaint about me... They really need to review to the file complaint system, all these people spam complaining

• Da
      2nd of Sep, 2009

freakin ### i have been suspended several time this year for play cod4 i play without a mic i dont hac im not that good to be honest and i have been randomly banned for 1 year straight and its been so many times that im banned for 5 weeks its ###ing bull ### i tryed to keep my kool thinking it would stop but thats a month and a half of pay not playing the only thing that could explain why it happend is because me motto was ### please but i spelled it "esaelp hctib" so thats the only reasonable thing but evan thats not that bad i want a response why its happening i play for an hour or 2 every day to every other day and still i pay so its annoying and i have used my 3 free 1 months i am very dissapointed so im going to the store right now to buy a ps3 because the online is free.

• Am
      10th of Jan, 2010

Some people have nothing better to do than complain about people. I have never been banned but got a feeling i going to be i was playing mw2 and because a girl finished the top it had to mean i was cheating so 2 people have filed a complaint against me

• Ni
      17th of May, 2010

people shouldnt be banned...you mute them and block them submit bad player review then bam! they cant do nothing. my GT is Nick00105 pls add me.

if i get banned again im taking xbox to court!