www.SELFHELPFF.COM/ fit factory / fraudulent charges

1 NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-957-6988

I have no idea who WWW.SELFHELPFF.COM or "fit factory" are, but they seem to be kind enough to be charging me $29.95 on my credit card each month. I charged back the first one no problem, but was unpleasantly surprised to see a second charge for this month. I called AmEx and the rep actually Googled the vendor name and pulled up a ton of complaint boards like this one. She said she was submitting the complaint to their merchant account group for investigation to pursue termination of the vendor's account.

Upon my own research, it seems this scam is about acai berries or some other BS that poor fools seem to be drawn towards. Fortunately for me, I don't fall to victim to that sort of garbage. It would seem that my number was stolen. I suppose that means that "fit factory" or whoever they are has resorted to not all fraudulent charges and shady business practices but also outright criminal theft.

My advice to to anybody with charge from WWW.SELFHELPFF.COM (WWWSELFHELPFFCOM) is to chargeback. The credit card companies know who those ### are, so you'll have no problem getting the charge reversed.

Dd

Comments

• Yc
      15th of Apr, 2009

I, too, found a mysterious charge ($29.95) to my checkcard for WWW.SELFHELPFF.COM. It is the same checkcard that I had used to buy a trial subscription to Bromalite. I had canceled the Bromalite subscription during the trial period and thought that would be the end of it. Then, came the selfhelpff.com charge. I saw nothing in any of the Bromalite info that mentioned anything about selfhelpff.com and their monthly subscription charge, nor information on canceling said membership. I called Bromalite and they said that they used to be associated with Fit Factory, but no longer are and did not know how they got my card information in order to charge me for their subscription. They gave me the customer service number (877-495-1182) to call selfhelpff.com (Fit Factory), so I called. Fit Factory told me that I was being charged a monthly subscription fee that began with my order for the Bromalite trial. I told them that I saw nothing among the Bromalite information regarding their subscription, that I had not subscribed to selfhelpff.com, and that I wanted my money refunded back to my account. They told that since it had passed the trial period, they couldn't refund me the first monthly charge. I told them that this is fraud and that I would be reporting it to the Federal Trade Commission. I was then immediately told that I could have a refund of the full amount charged to my account and my subscription cancelled. I called Bromalite back to tell them of my experience and that Fit Factory (selfhelpff.com) had told me that my Bromalite order prompted them to also charge me a subscription fee. They seemed very puzzled as to how this happened and did not claim any association with that company or their subscription. Their representative taped the conversation and took my information to forward to one of their managers for investigation. I did file with the FTC and am finding whereever I can post this, so as to warn others.