www.SELFHELPFF.COM/ fit factory / fraudulent charges

United States, New York Review updated:
Phone: 800-957-6988
I have no idea who WWW.SELFHELPFF.COM or "fit factory" are, but they seem to be kind enough to be charging me $29.95 on my credit card each month. I charged back the first one no problem, but was unpleasantly surprised to see a second charge for this month. I called AmEx and the rep actually Googled the vendor name and pulled up a ton of complaint boards like this one. She said she was submitting the complaint to their merchant account group for investigation to pursue termination of the vendor's account.

Upon my own research, it seems this scam is about acai berries or some other BS that poor fools seem to be drawn towards. Fortunately for me, I don't fall to victim to that sort of garbage. It would seem that my number was stolen. I suppose that means that "fit factory" or whoever they are has resorted to not all fraudulent charges and shady business practices but also outright criminal theft.

My advice to to anybody with charge from WWW.SELFHELPFF.COM (WWWSELFHELPFFCOM) is to chargeback. The credit card companies know who those ### are, so you'll have no problem getting the charge reversed.

A  15th of Apr, 2009 by
I, too, found a mysterious charge ($29.95) to my checkcard for WWW.SELFHELPFF.COM. It is the same checkcard that I had used to buy a trial subscription to Bromalite. I had canceled the Bromalite subscription during the trial period and thought that would be the end of it. Then, came the selfhelpff.com charge. I saw nothing in any of the Bromalite info that mentioned anything about selfhelpff.com and their monthly subscription charge, nor information on canceling said membership. I called Bromalite and they said that they used to be associated with Fit Factory, but no longer are and did not know how they got my card information in order to charge me for their subscription. They gave me the customer service number (877-495-1182) to call selfhelpff.com (Fit Factory), so I called. Fit Factory told me that I was being charged a monthly subscription fee that began with my order for the Bromalite trial. I told them that I saw nothing among the Bromalite information regarding their subscription, that I had not subscribed to selfhelpff.com, and that I wanted my money refunded back to my account. They told that since it had passed the trial period, they couldn't refund me the first monthly charge. I told them that this is fraud and that I would be reporting it to the Federal Trade Commission. I was then immediately told that I could have a refund of the full amount charged to my account and my subscription cancelled. I called Bromalite back to tell them of my experience and that Fit Factory (selfhelpff.com) had told me that my Bromalite order prompted them to also charge me a subscription fee. They seemed very puzzled as to how this happened and did not claim any association with that company or their subscription. Their representative taped the conversation and took my information to forward to one of their managers for investigation. I did file with the FTC and am finding whereever I can post this, so as to warn others.
A  16th of Aug, 2009 by
I received unauthorized monthly charge of $29.95 to my credit card. The first month is was under DJM Lifestylefit.com. I did not know what it was and tried to figure it out. I figured I might remember if it showed up on my next month's bill. The second month, it did not show up but another charge of $29.95 showed up this time under fitcliq. It did not show up under that name the third month, but that same $29.95 charge showed up under FITNESSHUB.

By this time, I knew that I had paid for this product and started investigating. I called the customer service number provided and they told me they represented FIT FACTORY and that I had agreed to this monthly charge after purchasing a health and beauty product in a pharmacy in Montreal. And that I had agreed to a 14 day free trial to a program provided by FitFactory.com and that they had sent an email to my account to confirm.

First, I can pretty much tell you that: 1) I was not informed whatsoever by the pharmacy in Montreal that I had been signed up for a free trial to any program as a result of a purchase. 2) I do not have any material, written or otherwise, that informed me that I was enrolled in this program and 3) I did not receive any email confirmation of my enrollment.

Second, any legitimate business would not charge an individual's credit card under different names each month. The only reason for that is to avoid detection of fraudulent charges and hope that the consumer doesn't realize they are being fleeced and duped.

There are two known addresses tied to this business:

305 W. Broadway Apt. 114
New York, NY 10013

and the other:

Blue Sky Marketing
303 Park Avenue South Suite # 1131
New York, New York 10010-3657

Both addresses seem to imply a shady business and running a business that barely skirts the edges of legality. This is something that some major media news organization should look into and protect the U.S. consumer from. While this may not qualify as a case for the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), surely the Federal Trade Commission or the Attorney General of New York State should look into as a potential case for prosecution.