Worldmark By Wyndham / false promises in sales pitch

WY, United States Review updated:
I made it clear during the sales pitch that my wife and I weren't interested in their vacation plans for the near future but might be in 5-10 years when our grandchildren were old enough to enjoy them. Was told that you could carry unused points over so we could have enough for a "super vacation" when the family was old enough. This part is my fault: I should have read the contract more closely. In spite of what we were told, there was a clause that we initialed (and I didn't understand, apparently) that said points could only be carried over for three years. I didn't actually learn about this clause until a representative called me to try to sell me additional "points." When I realized that we had not received the product we thought we were buying, I asked if we could either be allowed to use the points the way we were promised we could or get a refund. Their response was that they had our initials on the contract and our money so we are stuck. This, in spite of all their claims of being committed to customer satisfaction. Apparently what they did to us is perfectly legal but that does not mean it was right or ethical. Sadly - Bill
Bi

Comments

Vd
  21st of Jul, 2009
I wish we would have researched Wyndham on websites like this prior to signing our contract. Like Bill, we were told numerous things during the sales presentation that turned out to be false. We we also told that points could be carried over "forever, " which is not true. By the time we discovered it 3 weeks later, it was too late to cancel our contract. We're in the process of filing complaints and have written numerous letters requesting cancellation, but I'm sure it will be no use. And now we're stuck with a contract that we're extremely unhappy with and don't want to use.

To anyone considering purchasing through WorldMark, READ THE FINE PRINT!!! I guarantee you'll find many things in the written contract that will differ from what you were told during the sales presentation.
Cl
  30th of Sep, 2009
They lied to us too. They told us that we would get super discounts in tickets and hotels all over the world, not only their resorts or their hotels, any one all over. We NEVER had any cheaper ticket or any cheaper night in hotels. NEVER. They sold something that simply does NOT exist. We went to some trips after buying worldmark program and always tried through them first. They were always UNABLE to get us better deals and we ended up buying directly from the airlines companies and directly from the hotels. They have to cancel our contracts due to misrepresentation. File a complain wit BBB. Everybody!!!
Claret
Rl
  19th of Oct, 2009
Both the persons at their "brainwashing" initial presentation lied to us. They responded to my direct question "If our conditions should change, can we cancell the contract" by saying "Of course, but nobody does that since you can sell the contract and recover most of your previous investment." When our conditions did change (Job loss, health expenses etc.) I contacted them and they said they could not assist in contract sales. I contacted two time share liquidation companies listed on the internet and was told that WorldMark/Windham contracts are virtually worthless and can only be sold for less than 10 cents on the dollar. When I called them back, they said that's tough and your contract does not allow for cancellation. I sent them a detailed letter describing our financial situation and informing them that we ere unilaterally cancelling and would make no further payments. That was six months ago and the phone calls continue 5 or 6 time a day.every day.
Dick