Woolworths / what happened to good old woollies

1 United States

Woollies used to be the place where anyone could shop for good quality clothing at affordable prices - it was never the trendy shop, that's what Truworths is for, but rather a shop where you could buy timeless classics for the whole family, from baby to great-grandma and not have to break the bank. It was always the reliable and service-friendly store, where staff would actually help you in the change-rooms, give you advice if needed, and bring you a different size if you picked up the wrong one. Now Woollies has become like any other clothing store where it is trying to compete for the trendiest clothing line. The prices have hiked up accordingly, and, naturally, the quality has suffered too. I had to pay in extra (and not just a few rands) for a bigger size shirt which I had to get in exchange for a shirt which my husband received as a birthday gift, but which was too small. Even your Food quality is suffering - I have had a few rotten items from your stores, as have other people I know. My store card is starting to collect dust and I am considering closing my account.

Dr