Woolworths Australia / discontinued products

1 Midland, Western Australia, Australia Review updated:

I am sick of Woolworths discontinuing items I purchase on a regular basis. Dry Idea deodorant, Pantalica Light Ricotta. Both of these products have been discontinued. I also discovered that Select Diet Tonic Water has been moved to the upper most shelf for sale. I am 5'4 and cannot reach it. It is a popular line and it makes no sense to me at all. I have been a customer of Woolworths for over 35 years and I really am fed up with the standard they now offer. The store I shop at has not got the selection that another Woolworths store has in the same area. I will not shop with you anymore, I probably will change to Coles.

Li
Nov 16, 2016

Comments

• Wi
      17th of Nov, 2016

The location of a product in a store depends on what the manufacturer has paid for. Eye level location is purchased at a premium. If your item has moved from eye level then that means another manufacturer has purchased that space. Things move. Something has to go on the top shelf. Deal with it.

As for discontinuing, this is common sense. Items get discontinued for many reasons: the manufacturer has stopped making it, which is not the store's fault. Or the item is a slow mover, or the contract for that item/size has expired. Simply put, money.

• Po
      17th of Nov, 2016

Wine Is Good made excellent points. You cannot fault the store for moving an item to a different shelf. Shelf space is purchased by the manufacturer of the products.