Woodsprings Suites / payments without authorization

Louisville, KY, United States Review updated:

I have been staying at the location in Fern Creek KY since August 1, 2017. I pay cash a few times a week. On a few occasions I have used my credit card.
Once in mid August and once in late August my mother (as a gift) put a couple nights on her debit card. This was done over the phone and was for a set amount of time. She is not named on my room and I am not named on her card. There was an incident on September 5th when I called to see what I would need to pay until the end of the week, and Megan told me that my mothers card was charged. I asked if anyone called to get permission and was told no. I then asked her to refund that 83 or 84 dollars and REMOVE that card number from my account. She said she would take care of this. I assume it is all handled and continue on as I have been with cash payments. On September 20th, my mother called saying that the hotel has been charging her account. Her account was over-drawn. First time ever. She is 63 and never has this happen, ok...! I called immediately and spoke with Megan who said she would take care of it. When I called back my account had been placed under Pam's care for some reason. I assume she is a manager and ask her to please remove the card off the account. At this time we only are aware of the most recent charges from 9-19 and 9-20. My mother had to move money around and even the she was upset she said not to bother with a refund, just credit the $240.00 and $120.00 to my room and consider it another gift.
After speaking with Pam a second time to try to figure out why the card was not removed when asked on Sept. 5th, I found out that a number of other charges were charged to my mother's debit account. (As I mentioned she is 63 and has a flawless account. She has no reason to check her account daily or even weekly. These other charges she was unaware of .) This is stealing. Plain and simple. I expressed this to Pam and in a day or so the man I pay cash to no longer works there and I somehow still owe money. Pam now says the only card ever on my account is my mother's. (This is a lie that my mother, husband and sister are all witness to.) She will not refund my mom without me paying a balance.
Let's pretend this is not a crazy situation and I have not paid for a month. Is the hotel policy to take unauthorized money from a woman who does not stay in the hotel without notifying the card holder or room attendant? After all the card was supposedly removed from the account by Megan on Sept 5th.
During September no one has mentioned that i do not owe because they have been charging my mom's card. Payments are still being made at least 2x a week. Once i learned of the charges to my mother, I should have been a month ahead or more with those. Only a couple days ahead after the refund (that still has not been made).
I will be working on getting in touch with the night attendant I paid, and until then I will be moving to a different hotel until my apartment is ready. I cannot in good conscience pay in cash or give any personal account (card) information to this Pam woman and feel safe with the end result. I have stayed in this exact hotel a number of times in the past with my husband during the remodeling of our place and have never had only one issue before. We briefly had a payment credited to the wrong room in February, but that was quickly fixed. Our plan was to stay for at least another month. This money will be in another company's pocket now. Thank Pam if you will.
The real issue is the money taken from um=y mothers account without any type of permission what so ever. This needs to be addressed with or with out me settling what ever may be owed. This will be resolved at a later time over Pam's head. As she cannot be trusted. I feel almost like a crazy person even writing this letter. But after a week of dealing with Pam and the disappearance of employees and paperwork I am only left with a crazy situation.
Debbie Day is my Mother's name.
I am-
Melissa Stone - [protected]
room 304
10400 Brookridge Village Blvd
Louisville, KY 40299

Me
Oct 02, 2017

Comments

• Mc
      Oct 03, 2017

After a couple months solid at this location the night manager suddenly disappeared along with 2 weeks of my payments. Instead of contacting me to pay or at least notify me of anything, they took my things and put my pet out. When i showed up after work I had the money to pay and tho i was very upset i figured i would take this up with the higher up management. When i asked about my things it took over an hour for them to track it down and it was taken by another employee. Not put in the office or even in the trash. Taken by an employee. Not everything was returned either. Calling BBB.