Woodforest National Bank / fraud

NC, United States Review updated:

I am currently paying on a over draft account discrepancy and i finally get close to paying it off and they always call me with a new account balance. It's like they haven't been getting th payments that iv'e made. I don't know what is going on, but if there is a company using the TRS Recovery name in associated with Woodforest National Bank calling me for payments and i make them and they don't receive, then someone is stealing my money. I WILL NOT PAY ONE MORE CENT TO WOODFOREST FRAUDULENT BANK. I will be suing.

Comments

24th of Oct, 2008

I purshed a 211.00 money order on 08/23/08 which apparentlywas never cashed. I attempte to trace the MO and the branch manager refused to verify if the mo was cashed or not. I was instructed to return another day to try again to see if the MO cleared. I contacted your offices and was treated no better. Today I received the partial return of the funds of this mo. I was told that I had to pay up front $25.00 to cancel the MO> At the same time I was informed that the $25 was taken out of the refund of the MO as it is normally done. I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I HAVE HAD ISSUES WITH MO RETURNS BEFORE.

The refund I received was not the $211.00 I purchased and requested a return on. It was $186.00. And the hispanic female that took care of the refund and overcharged me the $25.00 up front refused to refund the entire $211.00. I intend to file fraud charges against your bank & this employee that stole this $25.00. SHE STOOD THERE AND OUT-RIGHT LIED THAT SHE HAD RETURNED THE $25.00 DAYS AGO! ANY J___A WOULD KNOW THAT IT DOESN'T TAKE A WEEK OR LONGER FOR MAIL TO BE SENT ACROSS THE STREET!! CONSIDER YOURSELF REPORTED TO CONSUMER AFFAIRS AND ANY FEDERAL AGENCY THAT IS FED UP WITH BANKS LIKE YOU THAT VIOLATE CUSTOMERS RIGHTS AND OUTRIGHT STEAL MONEY FROM THEM.

• Su
      12th of Nov, 2008

stole disability money now my phone is shut off and they refuse to handle the situtation someone should close them down

• Ba
      17th of Nov, 2008

Having been in the banking industry for over 30 years, consider yourself lucky that a refund was made. Money orders are "guaranteed" funds so technically a "stop payment" order is not availabe. The fee was for the "stop payment order", just like you would be charged "if" the check was your personal check. Plus you assume all liability for the stop payment should the money order actually get to the person you originally made it payabe to. IF you would check with other banks you would find this information to be true. (Old saying, look before you leap) The teller and the Bank did absolutely nothing wrong.

• Vi
      29th of Nov, 2008

ive had an account with Woodforest for two years now and everytime i had a major complaint they have fixed the problem.. the branch manager at my branch and all the tellers are on a first nalme frindly basis with me and my family.. it is definitly a family bank ..

16th of Feb, 2009

They stole from me as well. They said I owed $500, 00 into overdraft but no worries they said we will just put it in a take charge account, so they did. I payed it off in a year all this time i was paying for my checking and interest. So now i have my free checking back low and behold i suddenly owe another $500.00, ah but this time i was vary careful not to use me debit card at all. I asked them to show me where the money went, they could not, just said its our word against yours you owe it pay it.Well i promptly stopped my direct deposit but my check already hit the bank, they took it all so i contacted my HR people who pulled my check back this really aggravated the bank so they added $300.00 more to what they said i owed.The bottom line is i did not owe the money they know it and i know it so what can i do? Nothing. My Daughter was also hit with the $500.00 theft after they hit us, I have talked with a lot of people that have had the same thing done to them. I talked with our Lawyer about this who said that it is a highly unethical practice that banks use and you cannot do anything about it, I was told to just ignore them and after 30 days they have to close the account.

12th of May, 2009

Refused to show you where the money went? I'm sure. Maybe it's because you used your account when there was not any money in the account! Keep track of your own ###, and you won't have an issue!

And the 30 closure.. it's 65 days. Ignoring it is stupid. After 65 days, your account will charge off with the negative balance and be sent to a collections agency. Have fun with that, idiot.

14th of Sep, 2009

First of all..what does anyones race have to do with this? Hispanic? Who f'n cares? Learn to spell, and come back when you've taken your Prozac.

• Wc
      17th of Dec, 2010

I have an account with them and my money had a habit of disappearing.Even when I knew there was money in the bank. They have refused to pay bills whiich are to be taken out putting me in a mess. Also belive I have been charged to many fees for things that Ishouldnt have.

• Wo
      21st of Jan, 2011

Woodforest National Bank is dedicated to providing quality customer service and we would appreciate the opportunity to speak directly with you. Please contact your local branch or our Customer Care department toll free at 1-877-968-7962 or email [protected]@woodforest.com.