Woodbury Nissan / awful experience

On 6/22/09, I signed lease paperwork for a new '09 Maxima. Melissa Riley(business manager) and Michael Murray(sales person) told me my car was a high performance car, would need to use a particular highly priced oil when changing the oil(stating I would pay over $135 for an oil change, every 3 months). Therefore, she talked me into adding the $30 gold package warranty(which includes free oil change). The next day I called around and discovered the dealership overestimated the true cost of an oil change. I recently discovered I will have to take one furlough day per month for the next 10 months. On 6/23/09, I called Melissa hoping to remove the gold package warranty; she refused(stating "she didnt twist my arm & to make me add the extra warranty"). I explained my furlough situation; Nissan still refused. I feel if greed wasnt a factor the business manager could have voided the initial contract and allowed me to sign a new one. This dealership is all about money, they treat you like a human being until you sign on the dotted line. Would recommend people to stay away!

Le

Comments

• Kr
      25th of Aug, 2009

oil change for 2009 nissan maxima cost $90 at any nissan dealership. if you paid $30 per month and get a free oil change every 3 months then your service contract with roadside assistance and window etching was free. sounds like you are the greedy one.

• Th
      15th of Oct, 2009

i own a maxima and i just paid $90.00 for an oil change. i wish i got the same deal you did. if you complain about getting free oil changes, a bumper to bumper warranty, and window etching for $30 per month you are crazy. it is obvious you are not a math major. do the math stupid you got a great deal.

• Pr
      17th of Nov, 2009

Hello Leanord,
    I dealt with the same Melissa during my signing, I thought she was the biggest con artist, with a major attitude problem. She also tried to convince me to get the gold package and kept trying to con me into getting it over and over! Whatever happened to customer service! I can't agree with you more, their whole behavior changed, the minute they got my check for the down payment. Guess, now that they had me on the hook, they didn't care. I wish to never go back there again, nor will I recommend that dealership to anyone.

I only wish that I had read your post earlier!
    But, I do love my new altima...it's the only saving grace!

• Ri
      22nd of Feb, 2010

ALARM CASE FOR MY NISSAN, THEY TOLD ME THEY WILL CHARGE ME 120.00 FOR SOME THING WILL ONLY COST ME 7.49.. WOODBURY PARTS ARE LAZY PEOPLE WHO CANNOT LOOK UP A PART FOR YOU AT ALL AND CHARGE YOU FOR SOME THING YOU DO NOT NEED AT ALL.. MOST NISSAN DEALERSHIP WILL HELP YOU GREAT.. WOODBURY NISSAN SUCKS!!!

• Wd
      9th of Jun, 2010

Woobury Nissan to me is the best dealership to purchase a new or used car. There manager Tom is the best in the business, when it comes to customer satisfaction. All my dealing with them ended on an positive note. I referred them to my nieghbors and they also purchased cars and one nieghbor brought two sentras within a week and where very pleases with Tom and his team. Some people are hard to please, just remember to get respect you have to give respect!!! Thanks for always being there... Customer for life Walt

• Fr
      10th of Aug, 2010

Please remember the dealers always look at these things and give themselves glowing praise. "They got my mom a puppy and convinced my girlfriend not to leave me!" Car salesmen . Blech.

• Se
      22nd of Apr, 2012

Went to look at a 2010 Murano over the weekend. Price online was $31K. I was told by the sales rep that all the cars online have different prices than if I went in person, that in person, you can tack on another $3K to EVERY car they had. The sales rep said that all car dealers were doing that now, which I don't understand why the price would be different. If I had known that, I wouldn't have even gone in. They also told me that the wrap around warranty was $1895, which was standard for all Nissan dealers. Then went to another Nissan dealer in Philadelphia to look at a 2011 Murano with 10K less miles but the same price. That Philly dealer didn't tack on another $3K, which the Philly dealer said was a 'scheister move' on Woodbury Nissan's part. And their wrap around warranty for the same exact things in the warranty was only $1500.

You can bet I'll never buy a car from Woodbury Nissan and would tell everyone I meet never to buy from them.