Windstream / phone charges

1 Wilmore, KY, United States Review updated:

I was a customer of Alltell . I recieved a sales call from Windstream telling me about all of the available plans .
I was told I could add long distance for an additional $5.00 mt . I said great do it, not knowing alltell was being absorbed by Windstream. Needless to say I recieved a bill for an additional $45.00 mt. Called Windstream, Mam it looks like you ordered several different services, we wnt over everything for 1/2 hour and rep was supposed to fix everything to reflect my original order. This month I recieve bill for increased amount . Call, call, call . We cant change anything, we cant reduce your bill, we cant change your service plan, yada, yada, yada.I look for another carrier, no provider for this area, no provider like vonage to use sattelite internet service with phone . I decided that I will not pay 90.00 mt for a land line.
Windstream you can kiss my ### goodbye, I can use my cell and I can use Microsoft office to fax when I need to . Thanks Windstream for the opprotunity to educate the public, we dont need you !

Mr

Comments

• Rg
      14th of Dec, 2008

Last month I received a bill that had an extra $15 tacked on for long distance, which I didn't even use long distance because of my cell phone. I called and found out that they had started this monthly plan which "charges you unlimited long distance" for 8.23 a month. I said I want this cancelled. I did not ask for it in the first place! The
    This month, I received a bill that has 127 minutes of a call to minnesota -- I don't even know anyone in Minnesota and if I were going to be on the phone long enough to speak to someone long distance, I would use my cell phone! Now, I'm really mad.
    If that 8.23 month was for "unlimited long distance" then why am I being charged for this Minnesota call I didn't make in the first place. I was also billed the 8.23 this month, so I had almost $30 of long distance charges that I didn't even make! Now, I'm so pissed I am going to cancel my service. I don't need a landline. They can go [censored] off.

• Mr
      26th of Dec, 2008

Windstream Service
    December 15, 2008

Mrs C -

I work for Windstream and would like the chance to review your issue and come to resolution. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Feel free to email me back with a way to reach you or give me a call at 800-326-6314.

Mollie C
    Windstream Communications

• Mr
      26th of Dec, 2008

Did you get the email that looks like the above.
    I am glad you cancelled, I hope that more people get the message, I am linking this site to my many web domains and I am hoping to spread the word about the way Windstream is conducting business.