Windstream / customer service

1 Lexington, KY, United States Review updated:

Windstream is an awful company! I first switched to Windstream when I moved. I called all the companies in town to find out the best deals on cable, internet and phone and Windstream had an excellent bundle deal, $70 a month for the first year, $89 a month after that. It would include Dish network and wireless internet. Well, of course it was too good to be true. My first bill was over $350.00. All the set up costs and a bunch of crap added to the bill that I never agreed to!! For an entire month I called windstream to fix the bill. They had outrageous charges that I never agreed to sign up for and after multiple calls they took the charges off, but that still didn't equal the amount that I originally heard from the company when I first signed up. So here I am with my second bill, and what do you know. I have a $136.00 bill, far from the $70 a month service that I signed up for. As for customer service they have not been helpful one bit!
How can a company be allowed to tell customers one price, but then completely change it was they have you locked. When I asked them why the amount is different to what I originally signed up for I got two answers. 1. I'm not sure who told you that you can get service for that amount...it's too low, we would never agree to that and 2. well, the bill is only slightly higher than what you signed up for, so what's the big deal.
totally ridiculous!!!

Comments

• Wi
      23rd of Feb, 2010

We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your issues. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at 877-316-4077 Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at icanhelp@windstream.com

• Cr
      1st of Apr, 2011

This company is rude and apparantly mentally challenged! I pay my bill through a bank draft but it seems like every oter month they charge me a fee saying they are unable to locate the account. After double checking at bank and I find they never submitted anything for payment, I call windstream and after a good 45 minute hold I am told they will retry. Well guess what they find the account that they couldnt find 3 days earlier. But they still charge me even though it isn't my fault. Then after going through bills, I see where 5 months ago they added an internet security pack which i didnt need or ask for, I was told it was a free trial and i refused at the time but it was still added, but I can not get it removed or credited. This company is a rip off so much that I have decided enough is enough and canceling service!!

• Ex
      10th of Jun, 2011

Winsdtream has to be the worst customer service company ever... you have to call them multiple times...keep getting transfered to the wrong department or in to the black hole, only to have to hang up and call back to be put on hold for 20 min, then trandfered to steady busy... and when you get to the right person... good luck...