Windstream / bad service

I have tried for SEVEN DAYS at different times during the day to get through on your broadband support line and have been on hold over & over for 30+ minutes only to be dropped! I tried calling the residential helpline, explained my predicament to the operator & told she would put me through only to be put to the same line then hung up on. I understand you had a 'service disruption' last weekend but this level of 'customer service' is unacceptable. I'm paying for 6/mbps and only receiving at best 300/kbps. This has been going on prior/during/after this past weekend but I can't get anyone to diagnose the problem. If this is the level of service offered to a long-time customer then I will take my business elsewhere!

Va

Comments

7th of Oct, 2008

WINDSTREAM CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST !!! I have been dealing with a problem with windstream since October of 2006 when we moved into our home. I have a constant hum/buzz on the line and then an intermittent snap/crackle/pop - YEP I HAVE THE CEREAL ON MY LINE - honestly, I would rather be sitting in a field on a cordless phone with a metal rod in my hand during a lightning storm - it would probably be quieter. I have called the so called ACTION line with Windstream only to be told, "Go pick on another utility company, leave Windstream alone for a while" - nice customer service huh? I work from home doing medical transcription so each time my phone is messed up, or my DSL drops, I lose money. I have had ticket over ticket over ticket placed for these problems. The outside plant manager stood in my living room and told me there was nothing he could find, do, or suggest - other than, "I think your house is just haunted and the spooks don't want to leave". I have had a tech at my house now everyday for almost 2 weeks straight, just to be told, they can't find anything again and he asked me why I was turning my modem off and on and off and on. Like I don't have anything better to do with my time/life other than turning a modem off and on just to bother Windstream and their wonderful no knowledge techs. Like I said earlier, I have now been dealing with this for exactly 2 years and it has now come down to Windstream blaming me. Here is the newest problem. I was told that my LinkSys router doesn't get along with my Windstream modem, so it was replaced with a 2wire router/modem combo, I'm still losing my DSL signal. I was told I could upgrade to 6mbs by the "installation department", but then the tech in the field said I could only get 3mbs, fine I was left at 3 mbs. As of 5:30 pm today, I went from 3 mbs down to 128 - YEP, LESS THAN THE LITE SPEED THEY OFFER - SLOWER THAN DIAL UP - but they can't tell me why, when, who, etc., changed my speed - I have to wait until tomorrow after 9 am to call and speak with customer service. I was told by someone in corporate for Windstream that Windstream is a "for profit" company - well to receive a profit, you need to provide a service 100% of the time. I have no clue as to where to turn now or where to go...if anyone has any suggestions, PLEASE HELP !!!

8th of Jan, 2009

I also subscribe to windstream dsl and am not getting what I pay for! I have the 1.5 mbps service which only runs @ 60 kbps at best. I subscribed because I bought a house up near the mountains and when I moved in my dial-up would not run, after calling windstream they told me I was next to last customer on the line, no line amplifiers were up here and I would probably have to use their dsl if I wanted internet service. So o.k., had it installed, didn't like it, Called to complain, they sent a service guy out, told me the line was o.k. Also, my phone bills are confusing almost impossible to decipher. Wish I could choose between phone companys, I would send 'em packing.

• Ti
      15th of Jan, 2009

I have taken my concerns and complaint to the phone company that is allowing voicemail professionals to attach charges; without checking into the validity of the charges from me. They have decided they take no action and tell me to call their customer service then they will tell me again to call the company saying I signed up for their service. Where is the customer service when I am told to take care of everything myself. I guess having people as customers are not a real concern anymore. Allowing and attaching charges to my account without checking with the customer if they actually authorized the charge. Companies dealing with companies and disregarding the customers. Where do we fit in besides footing their padded bills.

11th of Jul, 2011

Terrible service, pay for 3mb and sometime get lower than .25, the provided modem is the worst ive ever come across by far, this is my last month paying for $hit$tream. This company gets away with terrible service by being available in places that do not have broadband or dsl, besides them. I've used them for a year and the whole time have been waiting for another provider to come into my area.