Windstream / e-mail rejections which are invalid

Since windstream bought valor (our previous provider), e-mail service has been on a steady decline. Beginning in Sept. 06, my messages to one recipient started to be blocked every so often. Beginning in February, all messages were blocked. After many calls to windstream techs, all I got was that some spammer was using their ISP, that it had to go to Australia (?!) to be fixed, blah, blah, blah. I was persistent, and earlier this month, March, a tech actually suggested that I open a g-mail account. Why should I have to change my e-mail address, inform my recipients, change all my e-bay, business passwords because THEY cannot provide a service? I have contacted the Consumer Protection Agency and have filled out a complaint. If this doesn't do it, I'm not stopping there.

I AM creative, and I WILL receive the service I pay for.

Comments

• Sc
      26th of Mar, 2007

I have had their email service for three years and have never had any problems out of their email... Actually, i think it is one of the best ones around.

6th of Apr, 2007

I am not sure the first complaint I filled out was sent. In case it was not, I am amazed at the $170 amount I had to pay this month. As everyone else, I am tired of the many, many taxes that are tacked on to the bill. I can't support the country. If the next bill resembles this initial bill, I will no longer be a Windstream customer.

• Si
      2nd of Mar, 2008

Windstream service is poor at best. Multiple dissconections daily from the DSL, dial tone actually dissapearing off and on, constant slow downs, latency, extremely slow pings, this is corporate greed at it's best, Ripping off people, charging top dollar for lousy servcie, pocketing the cash with no upgrades or equipment maintenance whatsoever, charging fees that I have never heard of, their billing service is unable to explain them to me, I wait on hold for 32 minutes trying to get to billing...

When calling Windstream you are asked if your are an existing customer or a NEW customer, if you choose NEW customer, the call is answered in record time, if you are an existing customer, you wait on hold for ever.

So always choose NEW customer, THEN tell the person to get you to the place you need. It is the most horrible customer support I have ever seen, even worse than "Century Tel" if that is even possible.

COX - PLEASE , you have cable service 1/2 mile from my house, PLEASE bring your service to my road and I can guarantee you will automatically aquire every house on this road. Windstream SUCKS!

• Pd
      2nd of Dec, 2011

I don't understand when I tried to add contacts windstream tells me the email is invalid, when I have been using them for months. It is so maddening. I guess I go back to live.com