Windstream / charges for no service
My telephone service was disconnected May 16 2007, and my internet disconnected June 19. I was billed for telephone service for 2 months after my service was disconnected and internet for a month after it was disconnected.
I called their customer service and they insisted I give them a debit card number to "make it right" or they would turn me over to collections.
When I pointed out, that according to the customer service reps OWN records that he pulled up, I got no service and was over charged by almost 200 dollars, he argued with me and said I OWED them and would pay, or be turned over to collections.
I kept my bills that show I was charged after disconnect. And then, after they charged me that extra month internet, they also charged me a 100 dollar modem fee because I didn't keep internet for a year. Well, they charged me for a year of internet service, so why the fee for not having it a year?...why do they get to have it both ways?
Consumers have NO rights with companies like this and it is not fair.
More Windstream Complaints & Reviews
- Windstream DSL Internet - poor service provided! 
- Windstream - phone company charges fee for no service! 
- Windstream Communications - porting of number 
- One Touch Direct / Windstream - repeat calls and failing to remove my number 
- Windstream - fraud and scam 
- Windstream Communications - windstream internet service
- Windstream Communications - over charge upon disconection
- Windstream Communications - internet 
- Windstream Communications - repair of phone service 
- Windstream Communications - customer support