Windstream / charges for no service

My telephone service was disconnected May 16 2007, and my internet disconnected June 19. I was billed for telephone service for 2 months after my service was disconnected and internet for a month after it was disconnected.

I called their customer service and they insisted I give them a debit card number to "make it right" or they would turn me over to collections.

When I pointed out, that according to the customer service reps OWN records that he pulled up, I got no service and was over charged by almost 200 dollars, he argued with me and said I OWED them and would pay, or be turned over to collections.

I kept my bills that show I was charged after disconnect. And then, after they charged me that extra month internet, they also charged me a 100 dollar modem fee because I didn't keep internet for a year. Well, they charged me for a year of internet service, so why the fee for not having it a year?...why do they get to have it both ways?

Consumers have NO rights with companies like this and it is not fair.

Comments

• Mi
      20th of Nov, 2008

Windstream has the absolute WORSE customer service EVER! I dont even know where to start! Everything is automated...you cant even get a real person on the line to make a payment without being charged $5.00! I walked into my local office that used to be full of Reps to help you, only to see it replaced with a bunch of green telephones! What the...??

"thank you for choosing Windstream" NO, I didnt choose Windstream, it chose me! Now, Im looking into Time Warner Cable for a package deal.

• Ry
      7th of Oct, 2015

This exact same thing happened to me i called in to disconnect my service and they did disconnect my services but they continued to charge me even after calling several times a month and leaving messages for the supervisor to return my calls.. I never received a call and my bill continues to rise...I will be looking into this with my lawyer ASAP