Windham Professionals / Student Loan Discrepancy

Windham Professionals
While I acknowledge that I do have a defaulted student loan I need to pay off, this company has been less than helpful in getting that accomplished. They're telling me that I can sign up for the William D Ford Loan Consolidation, which is a good and viable program. But the amount that they're telling me I owe is twice what the NSLDS web site puts my outstanding student loans and interest at. It's taken them 3 attempts to get my consolidation packet sent to me, and I've yet to receive it. Honestly, this is getting ridiculous. They make it practically impossible to get out of debt if you don't have access to a large lump sum of cash. If I had access to the money, I wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

N  22nd of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I happen to work with a company that uses Windham Professionals and guess what? Default fees can be up to 25% of your original loan balance and that will not show up on NSLDS. Because of people like you scamming the system and borrowing money that you will never pay back, this country's debt problem is worse and the economy gets worse, and because of your idiotic, stupid mistake the country is now in dire trouble.

They will garnish wages. It is not their place to send you the DOE consolidation application. GET IT FROM THE DOE WEBSITE. Obviously you have internet access.

Maybe you should get a refund on the money the original company loaned you because you are obviously TOO STUPID to have earned any sort of degree.
A  23rd of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Windham Professionals are extremely rude people. I too have a defaulted student loan and they started calling and harrassing me at work. I kept telling them to call me on my personal phone because I work at a Spa and personal phone calls are not permitted (I could lose my job) but they still kept calling me at work. I set up a monthly payment plan with them which was way too high for me. I don't have that kind of money to pay ( i thought they were freaken a dept consolidation place wtf) Anyways I tried calling them to let them know that I couldn't afford the monthly payment and a girl name KEIRA/KEIROMI/MICHELLE (I think their the same person but insisted their not) was so rude and mean to me. I told her I'm having a hard time right now since my husband just lost his job and she told me she couldnt lower my monthly payments. I told her my family would starve and said she didnt care as long as they get their monthly payment from me. Can you believe her what a ###!!! Also if you just read INBOUND COLLECTOR'S comment she said she works there of course she does she's SUPER RUDE AND OBNOXIOUS just like the rest of the windham prof. staff!
A  23rd of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
You can just sign up for Credit Debt of America they can consolidate any of your loans and help you lower your monthly payments. Thanks to them I don't have to deal with Windham Proffesional (they shouldn't even be allowed to put proffesional as part of their name)
N  25th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Honestly people stop complaing and pay your student loans... You could have deffered your student loans before they went into default... we are only doing our jobs... I work for windham and i have never been rude to a debtor... we are not a consolidation company we do offer then for people who really can't afford the monthly payments ... And we can't be doing anything illegal if we are getting new bussiness... so stop the complaining and own up to the fact you owe money and pay it
N  29th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
im disabled i got this way after i got my loan i was told everything was sent back to the department of education except the one windham has. i have medical proff of my illniss. i contacted them just the other day one of there emploeys named linda even told me to shut up these people are so rude they should be put out of business i have proff that i am unable to work and they dont care. this business has a ombudsman are you seeing a problem people should put people that just want money because they are greedy out of business. thats all it is . they have an e mail for there ombudsman i bet they are to chicken to read. i belive they should be put out of business or taken to court and sued mabey then they will change there aditude people give them an adjustment
N  5th of Aug, 2009 by
im sorry for anybody that works for windham let me tell you what i found out first i never recived anythig about my loan going into default. the second thing is i have doctors papers saying that im disabled now. i just had a defibulater put in. now i was told by a windhasm employee to fax t5hem a copy of the doctors paper they even gave me the fax number. after i done everything they ask they send me a letter saing they dont except fax copies of this . they need the original USAFUNDS/SALLIEMAE wanted the original about 2 weeks ago. now i no there can only be one original you tell me what to do i think these people are using any excuse they can to keep taking that money out of my disability check they are taking money i could be using for my meds. they have a heart i think not if they carred any they would except the fax or a copy through the mail. There just greedy. be careful anybody dealing with them a word of warning stay clear of them
A  18th of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
These people are pieces of ###-half of the stuff they say to you, they would never say in person, because we all know what would happen.The hide behind a phone, in a cubicle. They WANT to upset you. What don't they understand about DON'T CALL ME AT WORK??? then call back 5 hours later...against the law...Im currently paying back $400+ a month in student loans. They want more from me, which, I don't have.

I also agree with the comment about what the NSLDS website shows for my outstanding debts, and what they are trying to collect is nearly $10K more from me. ITS A SCAM. I'm currently in the process of reporting them to the Massachusetts Attny General.

And FYI-current financial problems with our country stem from all sorts of defaulted loans. How about the millions of people who bought homes they cannot afford? How about the millions of people who use credit cards and don't pay them back?

Finally, I DOUBT you need to be educated to work at Windham Professionals.
N  18th of Mar, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I can't even think about where to begin on this absolute piece of ### organization. This company is absolute ###. I started paying off my defaulted loans in October of '07. Like everyone, they assured me that if I paid my bill on time every month, it would go back to a normal status in 9 months. 9 months came and went and they kept telling me that TSA (Tennessee Student Assistance) could not find a buyer for their loans and to just hang tight. Well, unbeknownst to me, I found that I had another loan that did not consolidate when I switched schools from the University of Kentucky to a school in Tennessee. It was an admistrative error at UK, but I still should have checked that. So of course, it was in default as well. I gladly paid the OTHER company that had been assigned this loan, they were very fair with the monthly payments and when the 9 months was up, it went STRAIGHT to Direct Loans. Remember, all this time I am paying my loans on time with Windham Professionals. Another 9 months came and went and every time I call in to pay my bill, they give me this bullshyt about TSA loans are not being bought by anyone, it's because of the economy. So I decided to take this into my own hands in January 2009 after over two years of this runaround. I called Direct Loans to see if they were telling me the truth. Of course, they were lying out of their dumb, redneck ###. My loan was consolidated almost immediately (about 30 days) and the lady I worked with at Direct Loans told me that ### like this will tell you anything to keep the money coming their way. I didn't pay them last month and they are blowing my phone up. It is now officially in the hands of Direct Loans and has been consolidated so there isn't anything they can do about it. Never been more relieved in my life. If not for anything else, but the fact that I never have to talk to one of these pond ###, inbred ### hicks for the rest of my life. If you work at this place, always remember it is because you are a bottom feeding ### who can't get a real job anywhere else. You're life sucks and always will. Choke on an AIDS soaked member and die, you pieces of ###.
N  12th of Jul, 2010 by
If everyone would just pay their loans to begin with you would not have to pay a collection agency. Duh.

Windham Professionals Logo Windham Professionals