[Resolved] WhyNotLeaseIt / mattress purchase

1 United States

I purchased a mattress from Sears for $428 . This was my first time utilizing your service and I was told basically that I can just make monthly payments no interest no APR charges or anything of that sort . I made 6 payments of $71.33 which would have paid the $428 off. I call to confirm that I was finish making payments and they told me that they would continue to take payments out of my account or I can give them $235.40 to close out the account. This is a scam and one of the biggest rip-off possible. I am closing that account where they will not take another payment from me and will be seeking legal advice. I have leased vehicles in the past and I have never encountered anything like this and which I am encountering for a miserable $428. Where do you people get off asking me to pay an additional $235.40 to stop you from taking payments out of my account or as you say to close the lease account. the lease account should have closed once I finish paying the purchase price of what I purchased since there was no interest or apr's no fees whatsoever on the account. And the person I spoke with over the phone had the audacity to tell me to return the mattress after I've already paid my $428. How dare they!!

• Resolution statement

• WhyNotLeaseIt Customer Care's Response, Jul 14, 2017

Dear luckielucci,

I am very sorry to hear of you rmisunderstanding. We reached out to you today and we have resovled this issue.

Thank you!