White Westinghouse Steam Iron Station / Fault is in the electrical wiring

I have a White Westinghouse steam iron station, 8J06 WW5100 (120V, 60 Hz, 1350 W), which I purchased at K-Mart in Waco, Texas. It steamed for only about a month. I fiddled with the steam tube/electrical wire from iron to base and found if I held it in a certain position it would steam....not something I'm prepared to do. I suspect the fault is in the electrical wiring, as steam should pass through a hose as long as it's being sent.

I'm not a great keeper of boxes or receipts and K-Mart requires both before the service desk personnel will even talk with a customer. At this point, I'd just like to locate the parts to fix the iron. It's either that or buy another. If I do that the new iron won't be White Westinghouse or from K-mart.

Mo

Comments

• Ru
      19th of Nov, 2008

I also have a White steam iron that the steam doesn't pass through to the iron. The water is stored in a tank below which the iron rests on. The name on it says 'TURBO" Model SI85.

• St
      18th of Feb, 2009

I have the same problem and i need help finding a place that does repairs on this product 8j06ww5100

• Wh
      3rd of Jul, 2015

i have same problem i have steam iron the steam dosen't pass throw to the iron ineed help

• Bo
      6th of Jan, 2016

I have a White turbo steam Iron model SI-85 and need to replace the filter. I stored it for several years. Now the filter is brown and yukky it spits out brown mess. Before I can use it again I need a new filter or how to open the filter to make a new one.
    Thanks
    Stella Boudreauix

• Li
      22nd of Aug, 2018

I also have the 8J06 WW5100 Model and have had for MANY YEARS! This is the 2nd one I've had and it has the same wiring problem as the first comment. I absolutely LOVE this iron more than any I have owned in my 55 years of sewing and would gladly purchase another if I could find one. Been online and searched everywhere...I got more than my moneys' worth from this iron. Wish I'd bought every one that K-Mart had on clearance back in the day...