Westinghouse Electric Logo

Westinghouse Electric

Having problems with Westinghouse Electric?

+1 866 442 7873 (Customer Service)
+1 800 422 4328 (Heating and Cooling)
+1 774 417 6000 (Hot Water Systems)
+1 800 916 3985 (Home Security)
+1 855 855 0294 (Small Kitchen Appliances)
+1 800 763 8363 (Water Treatment Systems)
+1 855 350 6868 (Electrical Accessories)
+1 800 701 0680 (Speakers, Televisions and Monitors)
+1 412 204 6768 (Batteries, Flashlights, & Power Packs)
+1 888 417 6222 (Lightning)
+1 800 311 3324 (Holiday Lighting)
+1 888 377 5377 (Solar Outdoor Lighting)
+1 412 374 4111 (Nuclear)
+1 724 871 3652 (Plasma Torches)
20 Stanwix Street
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Westinghouse Electric.

Complaints & Reviews

Westinghouse Electric20 v cordless trimmer/hedger/blower battery issue

I have purchased 20 V Cordless string trimmer/Edger, Hedge Trimmer & blower combo from Home Depot online on 09/19/2020
I have received it in my mail
But I have issue, it's battery is not good enough for to run, even though full charge, it's work not even 10 minutes.
so home depot suggested to make complain for it
so i requested to provide me new one
my email :[protected]@yahoo.com

Westinghouse Electric Corporation58" roku tv

I purchased a brand new tv from Best Buy. I didn't have time to set it up for a while between work and travel. When I finally took it out the box (outside of best buy 15 days return window), the tv didn't work. No picture on the screen. I filed a claim with Westinghouse and provided all the required information, photos and proof of purchase they requested. They then requested that I take this television to a recycling center first. Then provide proof that It was recycled before they refund my money. I refused! They're selling defective products and then having customers jump through hoops to get their money back or a replacement under the warranty. This has to be illegal. I will never purchase anything from this [censored] ass company!

Jul 06, 2019

Westinghouse Electric Corporation — fridge

Dear luluhypermarket, I bought the brand new westinghouse fridge just 3 months back from lulu hypermarket...

Westinghouse Electric Corporationtelevision

I purchased a westinghouse television in june of 2018 from jc penny. It stopped working in december. On december 17 I filed a warranty claim with westinghouse. After complying with all of their proof of purchase and other requests, I was told to ship the tv to their warehouse in canada (at my own expense). I shipped the tv on 1/4. They confirmed receipt of the tv on 1/15 at which time they stated that I would be advised, of whether they are replacing the tv or issuing me a refund for the purchase price, within 5 days. When I didn't hear from them for a month I followed up. On 2/13 I was advised that a refund check would be issued within five days. Since then I have communicated with them two more times and still not received a refund.

Westinghouse Electric Corporationwarranty claim unresolved

I shipped my 24" flat screen to the address in city of industry to get my warranty coverage! In the process the tv got lost in the mail! When asked about what options I have a supervisor stated that they will fix my issue by sending me another tv! When can I expect this process to begin! I provided the tracking and emails from the post office & pic

Jan 29, 2018

Westinghouse Electric Corporation — white-westinghouse clothes washing machine

Purchased clothes washing machine in Feb 2015 Ex Turkey local agent Ocean Trading Egypt Type wlce07g...

Westinghouse55 inch television

I purchased a 55 inch television from Best Buy. It was a Westinghouse . After about 9 months the tv stopped working, I was told to contact the manufacturer about the tv. After several e-mails approximately 45 they finally told me I would have to send in the damaged tv in order to receive another one. I finally shipped the tv at a cost of almost $200.00 dollars after not hearing anything from them in about a month I finally contacted them, and I was told a month later the tv had physical damage and therefore they would not be sending me another tv for replacement. I tried repeatedly for them to resolve the issue and just give me a credit so I would be able to purchase another tv, they refused. I feel like they take the customers money and the product is defective. They are not willing to work with the consumer once they have your money. I will never ever purchase anything from Westinghouse. Very disappointed in their customer service and their product.

Westinghousekitchen splash shield upc [protected] number 6100076

I purchased this Westinghouse splash shield to put up on the wall behind my cook top and below my microwave oven. First it was a bit bent on one side but as I needed to cut it I decided it would not matter. I installed it as per the directions on the box. It was very flimsy as I pressed it into the adhesive I put on the wall. It went up easily but showed many imperfections and waves in the surface. So I used a rubber roller to smooth and press the sheet to the wall. It made no difference. After a few hours of walking around the kitchen I decided that this splash shield looked so amateur and so unprofessional I had to rip it off the wall which was no small job as the adhesive was setting up. It is presently mangled and laying in my back yard. This product is absolute junk and should not be sold anymore. I am requesting a refund from Westinghouse because this product does not fall into the quality category that Westinghouse normally provides. I purchased this Item from Menard's in South Bend Indiana on 12/3/2017. The purchase price was $37.78. Please reimburse me for the cost of this product. If you want it back, as I said earlier, it is all mangled in my back yard.

Westinghouse — service complaint in turkey regarding my white westinghouse fridge problem

Hello. I would like to report a service problem which has frustrated me a lot and came to a point that I am...

Westinghouseoven glass shattered from normal use

My family dinner was ruined last night as the 'tempered glass' in the door just shattered. Glass pieces were strewn all through my kitchen and amongst the food and throughout the oven. I rarely use the oven, as I have a convection oven and usually dine with my parents in the 1st residence. I cannot understand how this could happen?? I have taken numerous photos and wish to complain... replacement door, someone to investigate. At this point the door is ajar as I am afraid to try to open fully or close. I have had to block the kitchen area from children and pets and obviously need some resolution asap.

Westinghouse — dwm48f1y1

I purchased a Westinghouse 48" television in May, 2015. 9 months later, the "set-up" wizard...

Westinghousethey didn't provide warranty

We purchased a LED TV from the company Westinghouse. It was the worst deal, because they at the beginning couldn’t deliver the TV on time. Later, when we finally got the TV, it turned out that they didn’t give the warranty, but if we wanted it, we needed to pay. Seriously? We bought the TV, which cost us $500 and no warranty. It was some scam and this company is real rip off.

white Westinghouse wine cooler — manufacturing defect

Dear Sir, We had purchased a 28 bottle wine cooler from the dealer at New Delhi in the year 2009.It has been...

New Delhi

Westinghousequit working

I am a very loyal customer to Home Depot and I own a business. We bought a GE air condition with heat for our shop. After 3 times fixing it they finally exchanged it. Bought a Westinghouse generator online and picked it up at Tupelo, MS store. I had it about 3 weeks before using it and then used it 6 days about 5 - 7 hours each of those days. Called store since I has it more than 30 days I have to send it off to get it fixed. I own a food truck and my business depends on this generator. Talked to the manager named Randy and he was and not sympathetic to my problem at all and ended up just hanging up. I have been a good customer for as long as I remember and I am very upset that there is not a better policy for us. What if your store had to shut down for weeks because you bought faulty equipment from someone.
                  Jan Loyd

• Th
                      Thomas Jul 30, 2009

I'll never do business with ecost again. I bought a refurbished westinghouse tv. Turned it on, it locked up and never worked again. Ecost told me to call manufacturer. It must be illegal to sell a defective product that never works. Selling a product has implied merchantability, doesn't it? Now they took my money and left me holding the bag.

• Ca
                      Cann6 Jan 21, 2010

Still waiting. 3 months for TV. we paid shipping to them, followed all instructions. for one month it was lost. finally a rep said yes we have your tv, i see your tv, but i can't help you. i told them i would call a lawyer - they said go ahead. it is our ceo's fault.

• Al
                      Alex Apr 22, 2010

Bought the TV 2 1/2 years ago and now it won't work. This TV has a very low life span, Do not buy this TV. Their customer service will just refer you to a tv repair company but you still have to pay for the repairs. I will just buy a Sharp or a Sony instead of getting this westinghouse fixed since I do not trust the brand.

Westinghouse TVlemmon tv's poor customer service

I return my 3rd TV to Westinghouse since 08/22/2013. This last TV broke and the case # was assigned on 01/28 it was supposed to be picked up by Fed Ex on 02/03 but they did not notify Fed ex so I called fed ex myself and it was picked up on 02/04. The TV arrived at Westinghouse on 02/17/14 I have called and called Westinghouse to see when I can expect the TV. I am constantly put off and told that a supervisor named Vidal will return my call and he never does. I even called Westinghouse corporate office and was told that someone would call me back within 24 to 48 hours. They customer service is extremely poor. I will never ever purchase a single product made by Westinghouse. I have goggled and read all the complaints that people have posted about Westinghouse and it is hard to believe that they are still in business. I feel like I have run into a brick wall trying to get replaced what I paid for in good faith.

• St
                        Stanislavius Aug 16, 2009

Did you know if you return (as required) a defective Westinghouse TV that is under warranty, it will be replaced with a USED tv? This is not stated in the warranty and is not negotiable.My 6 months old Tv will be replaced with no option to me on age, why it was returned or where it has been until it arrives in my home.What a shocking surprise.

White Westinghouse — customer service

Hi, I bought White Westinghouse hob in Egypt in Oct 2012 model no. P9101G8X, in May 2013 the ceramic surface...

Westinghouse 46& LED TVbroken tv

I have nothing but bad things to say about Westinghouse. We bought a brand new LED 47" TV in May 2012. First off the speakers were a joke so we had to invest in a sound bar. In Sept 2012 the tv starting having "black spots" appear then disappear in random places on the tv. I took a picture of the tv screen and complained to Westinghouse customer service in Sept. I did receive a timely response back that the problem was covered under warrenty and a new tv would be shipped. 2 days later we received an email that stated our tv was not in stock and we should be getting one within 30 days, if not we would get a comparable product. 30 days later no response and no new tv from Westinghouse. At this time the "black spots" were less often and we let it go. Then on Dec 31, 2012 the tv suddenly went out completely. It would not turn on or do anything now. I called customer service again and since we already had a case number and problems before they said they would send us out a new tv promptly. I was given a FedEx shipping label and told when I shipped my broken tv Westinghouse would see the information and when the tv is in FedEx's hands they would ship out my new tv that same day. I shipped my broken tv on Jan 4, 2013. Since then I can not get anyone that can actually help me at customer service. I have numerous calls in to them... I keep getting told that department is very busy (I can see why if you sell crappy products) and that they have to take a message and someone will call me back. On Sat Jan 12 I actually had someone call me and ask how satisfied I was and if I had received my new tv?! No, I said I had not gotten my tv and that I had never been told one was shipped. He said he had a tracking number for me and it ended up being the tracking number for my broken tv that I shipped to them! Do they really not have better documentation?! He then told me the system says a new tv has been shipped but he can't tell me the tracking number because it takes a few days to get it from FedEx? Really... you ship out something as big and as expensive as a tv and you don't have a tracking number and can't tell me when to expect it so I can be home to receive it? He then told me I should be getting a call or email in 72 hrs with more info and a tracking number. Well, surprise, it is 5 days later and still no call. I called 3 times this week and every person I get claims they are not the right dept and have to leave a message for them (whoever they are??). I finally get a call today and the guy can not tell me any new information. He says the exact same thing the guy 5 days ago said... the tv shows it was shipped but he can't tell me when and he doesn't have a tracking number... so if it was shipped over a week ago and they still have no info... what the heck? He then tells me he will leave a message for that dept (again, why did you call me if you can't help me????) and says I will get a call back in 72 hrs. So that means next week now. I get home that day and FedEx has tried to deliver my new tv. Go figure… they shipped my tv and no one could tell me a tracking number or anything- they really ship tv’s and have no idea when it was shipped or anything! I finally get the new tv from FedEx and it’s a different model. It does not have as many features as our original tv. Our sound bar that we paid a lot of money for can’t even be hooked up to the new tv. It is supposed to be a new model and it doesn’t even have the optical sound output like our other tv. Now our sound bar is worthless and we are left with the awful tin can speakers of the tv only. I am behond FRUSTRATED! I will NEVER recommend Westinghouse to any one and will NEVER buy their products again!!! They claim online to have good customer service... I'd hate to see what a company with bad customer service is like?? Don't ever buy from them, ever!

• Da
                          DavidCarmichael1962 Feb 02, 2013

I have read all the complaints against Westinghouse which includes a Better Business Bureau report showing a well-deserved F rating. I had a similar experience with Westinghouse, purchase a 47 inch TV at Target, TV fails, return TV, they can't repair it, you have to wait 8-12 weeks for a refund, etc. The refund never arrived, I filed a complaint with the BBB, Rynette Kerl - Supervisor, Customer Care agreed to refund my money 12/7/12. I celebrated New Years watching my little TV.

Fed up, I contacted the Federal Trade Commission, filed an online small claims case and against the company in Santa Ana, CA. Within a week I got a check. This check did not include the $50, court costs, other expenses I asked for in my small claims case. I am not dropping it and plan on being in California in April when my case is heard. I'm still waiting on a court date.

I encourage Westinghouse customers to take the same steps I did to get results. I'll provide the contact info which is public info off the BBB site:
                          BBB file opened: 8/21/2006
                          Business started: 6/25/1997
                          Contact Information
                          Rynette Kerl - Supervisor Customer Care
                          Terri Poindexter (Human Resources & Corp Office Admin)
                          Customer Service ()
                          Doug Woo (President)
                          Alma Silva (Customer Care)
                          Klaus Libor (Manager of Customer Service)
                          I had the Sheriff serve Doug Woo, President and Rynette Kerl, Supervisor of Customer Care.

I'll post my court date for those who may be in Southern California. I would appreciate
                          the support/witness testimony.
                          Good luck to all.
                          David
                          Phoenix, AZ

• Ka
                          karen koenig May 16, 2013

I purchased two LED TV's from Best Buy last year, and am SO regretting it. Yes, the prices are amazing, but in the case of this company, the saying is true, you really do get what you pay for. The 46" set I bout had issues at the 6 month mark, I called
                          for service, and the service tech took a look at it and said basically I'm out of luck and these tv's aren't meant to last that long and left. Unacceptable. I complained about the service tech and tried to get it repaired again but nothing ever happened. EXACTLY
                          one month after the warranty expired the tv just shut off and died. And now it's a big black piece of pointless plastic in my livingroom. I tried calling customer service like so many other people and couldn't even get through multiple times, and my most recent
                          call was put on hold for THREE HOURS. I waited that long of a time because I wanted them to know how ridiculous and unacceptable this was. I finally decided to email anyone at westinghouse I could find and the next day got a call from a support rep saying
                          he was instructed to handle this swiftly. I was happy to hear they actually might care about their customers and their products, but it's been a week and a half since that call and i'm no nearer to resolving this than before. I was told i'd be called within
                          an hour, no call. definitely tomorrow, no call. Can't help me because managers are "in meetings". Emails promised and never sent. I've followed up with email and told the emails were sent and were just probably in my spam folder. NO. They were not. I feel
                          like they dangle carrots in from of customers to get them to think they'll taken care of and then purposely jerk them around hoping we'll just go away and not bother them anymore. MOST HORRENDOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE I've EVER experienced. I will NEVER EVER buy
                          anything Westinghouse makes again in my lifetime, and if you're smart you'll do the same. Also, their facebook page has been brought back and now does not allow posts by consumers except for comments on their own posts. They're very subtly trying to shut down
                          the very rampant and pervasie unahppiness with their products and company. I was even told the model of TV I bought a year ago is no longer made "because of all the issues" they had. Wonderful. Keep robbing people Westinghouse. I smell a class action lawsuit
                          and too have filed a complaint with the BBB.

• Ob
                          OBX132 Jan 07, 2014

Westinghouse 46" LCD TV just out of warranty by a few days. Now it only works for 5 minutes and cuts off by itself.
                          When it's turned back on each time it stys on for a shorter period of time.
                          I have two Sony HD TV's and they have worked flawlessly for 5 years.
                          I'll never buy another Westinghouse product again.

Westinghouse Digitaldefective product with no customer support

My review will be similar to others, purchased a 46" LCD TV and it lasted 6 months before it just died. Picture quality was so so and sound was horrible on this set. Put in warranty claim with Westinghouse and they are flat out useless, I had to wait 30 days to see if they could get parts in, then I had to wait another 30 days to see if they could find a replacement (ironic the manufacture has NO TV's in stock!) They authorized me to send the TV back for a refund, and now they refuse to respond to calls, they claim there is nobody that can assist, and when I request to speak to a supervisor or somebody with authority they deny your request. I am still awaiting a response after shipping the TV back 3 weeks ago on a refund...(and from other reviews I probably will be waiting a long time!!)

I urge all retailers to please stop selling an inferior product from a company that does not support their products or value their customers. This will be the LAST purchase of anything from Westinghouse, and I urge others to purchase with extreme caution.

• To
                            ToddG77 Oct 26, 2012

Here is how I got resolution to the issue, when they did not have a comparable replacement, I asked what alternate options were available. After a 30 day waiting period they did offer to take the broken set back for a refund. I sent the TV back on 07/16 and never heard from them again, and the frustration started again. They kept telling me to call corporate, but nobody would answer the phone, and the numerous voicemails I left were ignored.

Not willing to allow a company to steal my hard earned money for their defective product, I filed a BBB complaint, and I noticed on the BBB website they listed some of the customer care executives. Since they did not list their contact information, I decided to guess what there email address may be and sent an email explaining my extreme displeasure with their company. Low and behold an hour later, I get a call back! Three weeks later they finally issued a refund.

It is really sad companies like this are allowed to continue to do business. If you are reading this please run away from any Westinghouse products, and tell everybody else the same. If you are reading this going through the same issues I went through, please reach out to the executives below to voice your displeasure.

Here is who I reached out to get resolution

Rynette Kerl - Supervisor Customer Care - [protected]@westinghousedigital.com
                            Klaus Libor (Manager of Customer Service) - [protected]@westinghousedigital.com
                            Alma Silva (Customer Care) - [protected]@westinghousedigital.com - p: [protected] ext. 223

Westinghouse LCD 32 inch TVtelevision

I bought a Westinghouse 32" LCD TV for my second home. We used it maybe 2 weekends a month for 4 months. It was one month beyond the 90 day return policy for Costco and they would not replace it. The problem is no picture with sound, which is similar to other complaints for this product. I contacted Westinghouse through Costco concierge services. Westinghouse sent me a replacement TV and I had 30 days to send the damaged one back and put up $300 on my credit card in case they did not receive the TV in that time. Within 4 days I received another damaged Westinghouse TV. I contacted Westinghouse and they told me to send back the TV to repairs and they sent me a packing label for the original damaged TV, no box or packing material. I am left up to supply the box and packing material. I am very dissatisfied with Westinghouse and Costco for the way they have handled this matter. I will be contacting a consumer group, like 7 on your side in the Bay Area to try to resolve. After 4 months I should be receiving a new replacement TV not a refurbished one. I am guessing that will never happen so I will not ever purchase another big ticket item from Costco or any Westinghouse product ever and tell all my family friends to do the same.

• Ga
                              gatortracks Mar 18, 2012

Why are you dissatisfied with Costco? They stand behind their very reasonable 90-day return policy.

Westinghouse — nothing but a scam&rip off

This company is a big scam. They cant keep employees. It might be 4 reps that been their for a yr. I used to...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices