Whirlpool / microwave caught on fire
I posted a complaint earlier about our Whirlpool microwave catching on fire while cooking popcorn. I forgot to attach the picture... so here it is. It's a good thing that our 11 year old son wasn't using the microwave to cook popcorn after coming home from school because he would have panicked and the house would have burned down. Our model was a built-in with trim kit, etc. We had to unscrew everything before we could take it out to the garage.
We contacted Whirlpool and they sent out a local factory trained technician to investigate. He says that the magnetron was faulty. That was a couple of days ago. Still haven't heard back from Whirlpool. So... I'm researching on the internet to find others who have had this unbelievably exciting experience.
Oh, by the way, the microwave was set on the "sensor cook" mode for popcorn. It works really well... usually... or, until it catches on fire.
More Whirlpool Complaints & Reviews
- Whirlpool Hot Water Heaters - product is junk, they don't honor warranty and the customer service sucks! 
- Whirlpool Gold Series Refrigerators - Model Gs6shexnl00 - electronic control pcb know defective by whirlpool - will not recall 
- Maytag / Whirlpool Centennial Washer Model#mvwc6esww1 - defective clothes washers 
- Whirlpool India / Refrigerator - whirlpool refrigerator found defective! 
- Whirlpool - I hate this stupid thing 
- Whirlpool Corporation - repairman did not fix under while under warranty
- Whirlpool Corporation - bought a brand new whirlpool dishwasher
- Whirlpool Corporation - french door refrigerator w10706341a bought in 2017
- Whirlpool Corporation - refrigerator, neo ichill, 6th sense deepfreeze, 290 mea genx ph2 whitle (barcode 142260100000000000)
- Whirlpool Corporation - defective refrigerator ice maker cover