Whirlpool Side - By - Side Refrigerator / scheduling lies
This is what I wrote on their contact site, based on my experience:
I called your call center last Tuesday to get somebody to look at my refrigerator, because it wasn't making any ice. They said they would get somebody to my house on Friday, between 8am and 5pm, and call me the day before with a 2 hour window.
On Thursday, I got an automated call confirming my service call on Friday, and said that the technician would arrive sometime between 8am and 5pm. (So much for a 2 hour window!) On Friday, I went about my errands (my wife was home), and nobody called until about 12:30pm. They told me that they weren't going to be able to get a technician to my house that day, and they wanted to reschedule for today (Tuesday). I refused, and demanded that they send a tech that day. The lady said that they couldn't. I demanded to speak to a manager. I spoke with James, and expressed my annoyance, and he hung up on me! (I refrained from using profanity, although I did refer to idiots.) I called the store where I bought the fridge, and they gave me the name of a different service. I called them and set an appointment for today (their first opening).
I called your center back, and the man who answered the phone advised me that the technician was off that day. I asked to speak to a manager, and demanded (and would still like to know) why they couldn't have figured that out early in the morning and called me. I told them to cancel the appointment if they couldn't get someone out that day. They said they couldn't, and I cancelled and hung up. A few minutes after I hung up, I got another call from your center, saying (lo and behold!) they found a tech who could come that day.
At this point, why would I believe anything that any of your people say? This is NOT the way to treat and retain customers. From a fast search on the web, I'm not the only person who has been lied to and abused by your crappy service.
I WILL NEVER USE YOUR COMPANY AGAIN!!! I HOPE YOU IDIOTS GO OUT OF BUSINESS, UNLESS YOU LEARN HOW TO TREAT PEOPLE!
The other company's (Goldwing) tech called me this morning, told me when he would be there, came and fixed the refrigerator. I now have ice, and I now know whom to call when I need a repair. No problems with them. Use Goldwing instead.
More Whirlpool Side - By - Side Refrigerator Complaints & Reviews
- Whirlpool Hot Water Heaters - product is junk, they don't honor warranty and the customer service sucks! 
- Whirlpool Gold Series Refrigerators - Model Gs6shexnl00 - electronic control pcb know defective by whirlpool - will not recall 
- Maytag / Whirlpool Centennial Washer Model#mvwc6esww1 - defective clothes washers 
- Whirlpool India / Refrigerator - whirlpool refrigerator found defective! 
- Whirlpool - I hate this stupid thing 
- Whirlpool Corporation - oven glass/microwave glass/cabrio washing machine
- Whirlpool Corporation - washing machine
- Whirlpool - model umv1160cw-3 microwave
- Whirlpool Corporation - damaged product
- Whirlpool Corporation - dishwasher