Whirlpool Corporationwashing machine

Bought the Whirlpool (Maytag) washer in May 2018 from Menard's so it's under Whirlpool warranty yet.Machine went out December 3rd, 2018. Can't get anyone out for a week if the machine can not be repaired they take the machine someone else looks at it then decides if it's bad. I asked how it works to get a new machine that we can't be without one her reply I don't know. Excuse me! I don't know doesn't work for me, you better find out. The washer just stopped filling with water, it doesn't lock the lid, no lights come on, the agitator does not go around, it just makes this noise like the motor is running but nothing is working. If it only needs parts they can not even give me an estimated time frame on getting those and back here to get them in the washer to get it fixed. So frustrated right now. I want to send all my receipts from the laundry mat to Whirlpool to be reimbursed. To resolve this I want my full money back for this machine and the 2 year warranty I took out on it for a total of $690.70. I will never buy a Whirlpool (Maytag) product again. At this point with the customer service we received I don't want the machine fixed, my question is how long with that last. A 5 month old washer shouldn't need to be repaired if it was any good and I'm afraid that we are always going to have issues with it.

• Whirlpool Corporation Customer Care's Response, Dec 04, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We apologize that the frustrations and inconvenience. We do not design our appliances to fail, as that would contradict the quality appliances that Whirlpool has built its reputation on. Unfortunately, man made appliances can fail despite our best efforts. To protect our consumers against the possibility of a defect in materials and/or workmanship at the time of manufacture, we provide a warranty with our products that states that we will repair or replace any part that proves to be defective within a specified period of time. If there's anything we can do to help, please reach out to us by emailing [protected]@Whirlpool.com with your name, phone number, physical address, copy of the review, model and serial number of the washer.

Whirlpool Social Care Team