Whataburger Fultondale Alabama / harrassment/racial remarks

United States, Alabama, Fultondale Review updated:
Whataburger excellants lp
Phone: 205-8412933
I am an emplyee of Whataburger in Fultondale Alabama, I have been working there for about 3 months now and fixing to quit there, because of how I was Treated there.
On Thursday Jan 29, 2009, I was working the Grill and had enough meat to cover the orders that were on ther order borad, well one of the employees, gose by the name Ke-Ke, she got right in front of me and started to put down more meat than what was on the borad.
I told her that it wasn't necessary to put down that much meat(7 pieces of meat), she caused me to fall behind and I had to play catch-up to get all of the orders out in time, the Team Leader Megan stood there laughing as Ke-Ke and her friend Maria yelling and cusing at me because of their window time was seven mins.
Then after everything was over and the argument was dying down, Megan sstarted it up all over again, that's when Ke-Ke made a remark that I was Racist.
Well the next day all three of them complined to Richard(the Gm of Unit 920) about me, Richard never calle me to hear my side of what happend, I was given the impression that he believe their side rather than mine.
Since that happend and Megan, Maria and Ke-Ke are still employed no other action had not been taken by Richard to resolve the situation, he knows that he has an on going problem with those three people and still nothing has been done, I have been targeted and harrassed by three employees, one of them is a Team Leader and that has been going on since i've been employed there and nothing been done to correct the situtation.
Richard has not gave me any reassurance that those employees would loose there jobs what so ever, I really doubt Richard's ablity as a General Manager of that store, any comflict that arises, he dose nothing to resolve it(no write-ups)(no termination of problem employees).
So anyone who reads this, and is from Alabama, don't go to the Whataburger in fultondale, it has a bad General Manager that can't do anything, except taking up space.

N  16th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
eh, maybe you should think of furthering your education. Learn to spell. Maybe then you won't have to work a crappy fast food job such as whataburger in the 1st place.
N  7th of Apr, 2009 by
I agree with LisaC dude... If I woke up tomorrow in your shoes, I would look at furthering my education for 2 reasons 1) financial security and 2) better work environments. While you are young, you still have a chance and you need to seize the moment before it is too late.
You are either rebellious or caught in a vicious cycle of ignorance… When I say rebellious, I am referring to you not heeding to other people’s (family & friends) advice and wisdom to make something of yourself. This vicious cycle of ignorance that I am referring to pertains to the possibility that people are giving you the wrong advice and you are buying into it. For instance, my family always told me to work and did not endorse education. The advice that I was receiving made me think the thing to do was go out and get the best job I could get, which would be general labor. So, being a high-school dropout with a 10th grade education gave me little confidence that I could ever get into college or make any progression in my life period. Let me just tell you… I came to the conclusion one day, after working many crappy jobs, that I had to do something. So, I went to the local community college and earned a GED and then decided to start taking classes at the community college towards a degree. It wasn’t too long before I earned a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering and ended up getting a master’s in mechanical engineering as well. Today I am doing very well and when I see people like “ke-ke, ” (unsure about the spelling) I just smile knowing that element is not a part of my life; don’t make it a part of yours…
A  10th of Aug, 2009 by
I worked at Whataburger in Fultondale, Alabama. I am a high school student and worked almost 30 hours a week. I do agree with Bloodright73, working there was a nightmare. I worked there for almost 9 months, Richard the general manager was nothing on the level of professional. He harassed the workers gave inappropriate hours to students in school, which got in the way of our high school careers. I did choose to work and go to school, but i did not sign up for working 20 hours in two days on a weekend i had to study for exams. Everyone at Whataburger got paid differently we would all just be starting out making 6.75 an hour and ofcourse after so long would expect at least a penny raise. But some people who had just started out working there made more then what we had started making. The employees would make rude comments and harass us behind our backs and the GM would join in with them. I should have done something while i was still working there, but was to much of a coward. I hope someone does do something about that resturant because its nothing but a slave shop.

Whataburger Logo Whataburger