WestJet Airlines / irresponsible service from westjet at calgary airport

Calgary, AB, Canada

We take ws2289 from san jose cabo back to vancouver on june 8 2017, the flight has a stop at calgary.
When the flight close to calgary we were told there is a bad news, because there is a thunderstorm going on at calgary, the airport is closed, so we were re-routed to edmond airport. After waited an hour at edmond airport, we were told the weather condition is better in calgary, we can fly back to calgary. When we arrive at calgary airport, it is 10:53pm, ws2289 broadcast message to all passengers in the plan that since there is delay, the connection flight is also delayed, for passengers goes to vancouver by ws219, once you get off the plan, there will have ground service people guide you to board to ws219. When we heard this news, we feel much relived. But after we passed canada custom and asking ground service people, they just told us following the sign to go to connection flight. So we followed the connection flight sign, came to west jet service desk at connection flight, I show her my ws218 boarding pass, asking if I can board to this plan. She told me no, I have to stay here overnight, take next morning's flight ws447. At that time is around 11:0pm. (Next day on west jet flight status report I found ws219 departure time is 11:15pm). She then printed a voucher for me and my wife for one night stay at radisson hotel at calgary airport. I ask her how can I get to radisson hotel, she told me there is hotel shuttle at number 37 station. My wife and I waited at 37 station from 11:10pm to 11:50pm, there were many other hotel shuttle bus passing by, but there is no radisson hotel shuttle bus came. I finally decided to call radisson hotel, I searched and found the radisson hotel phone number, called hotel service desk. Hotel service desk people was very surprised when he heard I am expecting a shuttle bus to come to pick up us at calgary airport. He said nobody told hotel there are west jet pass angers coming. He asked me how many people will come, I checked around, told him there are around 30 people here waiting for the shuttle bus. He is very unhappy, complained west jet haven't told him in advance, he don't have room for so many people. But he agree will send a shuttle bus coming to pick up us.
Finally the shuttle bus came at 0:15am, we arrived at radisson hotel, people lined up to check in, but due to not have enough room, hotel asking single people to share root with unknown other people, this caused argument as no one would like to share a room with an stranger and don't want to put a credit card as damage deposit as what if other people did the damage etc.
Finally I was able to get a room at almost 2:00am. I left hotel at 8:00am, so total stayed 6 hours in the hotel.
This is my experience at calgary airport.
I am sure west jet already has the list of passengers on ws2289 who have the connect flight to ws219, so should have enough time to prepare and arrange those passengers when ws2289 get delayed. Can either arrange ws219 wait for those passengers (in fact ws219 depart time is late then ws2289 landing time, should be able to let us boarding) or if decide to have those people stat over night at radisson hotel, should at least contact radisson hotel, tell hotel how many people will be sending to there, and make sure there is enough room to accommodate those people and ask hotel send shuttle bus to come to airport pick up those passengers, not let those passengers waiting for a bus would never come if I didn't make the call. But west jet did none of those, simply give each passenger a voucher, without check if there is room to fulfil the voucher, and telling passengers wait for shuttle bus but never bother to tell hotel to send shuttle bus.

I have to say what west jet has done to passengers are very irresponsible, we deserve to get compensate for this.
Regards