[Resolved] WestJet Airlines / cancellation
I booked flights for me and my wife in early December to see my mother in England who has terminal cancer in the brain and lungs.
At no point on the phone was I notified of paying for checked luggage.
I found this out several days later and called to cancel. Get refund and book alternate cheaper air line.
Eventually I got to spoke to Elias employee code 25999. Told him of the circumstances and of the lack of information from the booking advisor.
I was offered a credit less cancellation fees.
Once again I pointed out the circumstances and the call must have been taped so review that.
This time he said the call will be reviewed in 7 to 10 days and at best I would still only get a credit,
I think this is appalling. I'm under a lot of stress. All I want to do is get a refund so I can go see my dying mother.
I'll have numerous expenses in England and I simply can't afford the $30 plus tax per bag each way so about $140 total return .
My reservation numbers are Fiqkzm and embooh
This really has sickened me as to how such a company can have zero human empathy.
The phone conversation was pulled and listened to by a manager. Their employee was found to have been disrespectful and a partial refund has been credited to me
More WestJet Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- West Jet Airlines - bad service 
- WestJet - customer service 
- West Jet Vacations - bait and switch scam 
- WestJet - poor service 
- West Jet - customer service 
- WestJet Airlines - reimbursement for flight price change
- WestJet Airlines - disgusting service, covered my luggage in black mess, 15 minutes to change flights
- WestJet Airlines - flight
- WestJet Airlines - delay flight
- WestJet Airlines - trip problems