Wells Fargo / messed up my credit score

1 LA, United States Review updated:

four months ago I received a notice that my son was not enrolled, make payments immediately or this would turn into a delinquent credit activity that would be notified to financial bureau. I called letting them know that he was enrolled, fax them the verification that he is enrolled. They kept sending me letters. I kept calling them back. Their excused was that they had so many requests for student loans that it would take them 6 to 8 weeks to change the information and to notify the bureau. My score went down to 720. Because I have three non-payments reported by Wells Fargo. One of my credit cards lower my line of credit from 24000 to 700 because of this. Called them again and said they had proceed to change my status but that it will take 6 weeks for the bureau to modify my credit score. Their procedures are slow to rectify but fast to go get you.

Comments

• Ne
      28th of Jan, 2013

My husband and I are going through the same thing. Have been for about six to eight weeks. He has called them repeatedly to try to get them to fix the problem on his credit but they keep telling him that there is a long list and that the president of the company has to approve them all. We still haven't got his repaired by them.