Wells Fargo / poor customer service/misinformation
Earlier in the year, we were assessed the wrong taxes for our home because of an error with our county's tax assessor. Our taxes and whatnot are paid via an escrow account that we pay into with our monthly payments, so Wells Fargo paid the taxes in full, leaving a negative balance. When they reanalyzed our escrow this year, we had a shortage that resulted in our monthly payments increasing by $400.00.
After we got that escrow statement, we went to the tax assessor, got the correct tax amount, and were issued a refund. We promptly called Wells Fargo to inform them of the correction, and let them know we would call back and resolve the shortage when we received the refund.
A couple of weeks later, we received the refund and I called Wells Fargo to pay off the shortage and reduce our monthly payments to what they should be. The agent I spoke with told me that because we pay our mortgage in biweekly payments, we were ahead on payments for the year; that meant they could reverse the last two biweekly payments and apply them to our escrow account, leaving us to pay the difference (around $100).
Sounded like a great plan, and it was supposed to be resolved within 5 business days. After the five business days came and went, I logged in and saw that the reversal hadn't happened. I left this same agent a voicemail...no callback. I then called their main service number and spoke to another agent about the problem. She gave me the same response, which was that she would submit the request and they would take care of it in five business days.
Five business days later - logged in, account still the same.
Called back today and spoke to ANOTHER agent and was told that the two requests were denied because they cannot reverse bi-weekly payments, only monthly payments. She then got a bit of an attitude and told me that I should have sent the refund to Wells Fargo because it was Wells Fargo's money. This set me off because that's exactly what I called to do in the first place, and TWO of their ###ic agents misinformed me. On top of that, they had access to my customer notes and information and never contacted me to tell me the reversals could not be processed, nor did they check their notes and inform me of this on either of the previous calls I placed to them.
All in all, I will be glad when we sell our house in a couple of years and end this relationship. I will not be doing business with these jokers again.
More Wells Fargo Complaints & Reviews
- Wells Fargo Mortgage - loan refinance 
- Wells Fargo Dealer Services - late payments / repo 
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - loss mitigation department 
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - beware of this company! 
- Wells Fargo Auto Finance - wells fargo auto finance ripoff hurting millions of common americans! 
- Wells Fargo - funds transfer to wells fargo - client fraud
- Wells Fargo - foreign currency; poor telephonic customer service from an assistant branch manager
- Wells Fargo - heloc and mortgage fraud
- Wells Fargo - reordering checks
- Wells Fargo - safety deposit box - wells fargo stole my property and breached my confidentiality