Wells Fargo / unauthorized charges!

We financed a car thru Wells Fargo . My insurance agents have faxed them our insurance verifications several times and they are still charging our account insurance. We were not told this was what the extra charges were for till 2 months afterward... We have been giving different fax number but the problem is still not resolve but their very rude collectors keep calling several times a day.

N  9th of Feb, 2009 by

Wells Fargo - Unauthorized charges
Wells Fargo

We have been banking with Wells Fargo for about six months, and we are planning to close our accounts and move them asap. They are the worst bank we have ever been involved with. They hold direct deposits from my wife's job (the county's largest most stable employer) so they can post more items and generate overdraft fees. Also, when we attempt to keep careful track of inflow and outflow, items that were not there, for example at 9am when the account is checked and a deposit is made, later in the day has a withdrawal that supposedly posted at 2am thus generating an overdraft fee because it was before the deposit. Also, I have to cash my paycheck at another bank and deposit the cash because they will hold my check as well, even though we were told that after a probation period then your regularly deposited paychecks will be credited the same day. That was a lie. In this day and age of electronic banking no bank should hold electronic funds or have to wait 24 to 48 hours to process a check. Most businesses, such as dish network for example, can electronically process your check immediately without physically sending it. If they can do it why not a large bank. Also, what ever happened to picking up the phone and calling to confirm funds if you are concerned. As a consumer, when you do not know what your funds are doing because the bank is manipulating them any way they wish, it is time to vote with your pocketbook and take your business elsewhere.
N  28th of Apr, 2009 by
We are casting a documentary about unfair bank policies. Looking for stories with complaints about banks. If you are cast we will pay you. If interested contact bellmartel@sbcglobal.net for more information. Casting needs to be concluded by May 1st, 2009.
N  27th of Sep, 2009 by
The normal withdrawal limit per transaction with my out of town bank is $800. I bank with a 'checkless bank account' through RushCard (Russell Simmon's pre-paid account where my direct deposits go into twice a month that way I don't have to worry about checks bouncing).

Every payday I withdraw $800 each time to avoid excessive withdrawal fees and pay cash for everything. This last time I went to withdraw from a local Wells Fargo bank, it processed the transaction as if it had given me the money but gave me an error stating the machine was out of money yet it still withdrew the money from my balance. I contacted Wells Fargo right away and they said there wasn't anything they could do and that I had to contact my own bank. So I did, they told me to wait 48 hours and see if the money posts back into my account which it didn't.

I sent in a copy of the Error Allegation form and ATM receipt to my bank about 10 days ago. They kept assuring me the claim was being processed and the maximum time would be 48 hours until I receive the money back in my account.

Today I found out that this is not so since the receipt from the ATM shows it gave me the money. My bank is now telling me the process can take up to 90 days. This is ridiculous. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out on their daily balance transaction at Wells Fargo, not to mention there are cameras. They can review the tape and see that it never gave me the money.

We aren't talking about $40 here but $800 and for me to have to wait up to 90 days for a reimbursement on money that is FDIC insured is completely unacceptable.

Has this happened to other consumers with other financial institutions or even with Wells Fargo??? I'd like to know what the process is and time frame for resolving something like this.

Any information or assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Wells Fargo Logo Wells Fargo