Wells Fargo / total crap
I deal with b of a, but I got a part time job with a company that does not offer direct deposit and happens to bank with wells fargo. So, I started to go to wells fargo to cash my check, and every time I went in there they pushed very hard for me to open an account with them. This one lady even told me that they would only cash my check if I paid a $5 fee since I did not have an acct with them.
So, one day, I must have been in a good mood or something because this nice young girl offered to open an acct for me in a not so overbaring manner and I decided that I would go ahead and open a checking acct just to be able to take my check card and cash my work check. (I had an acct with wells fargo for a few months about 7 years ago, so I asked the personal banker to make sure that there would be no conflict with the old acct. She supposedly varified my information and said that there was nothing in the system that said I had an acct with them.) so, I deposited about $700 to open the acct. 2 days later on a friday 4th of july weekend, I went to withdraw some money, and they told me that there was a hard hold on the acct because I had 2 accounts with conflicting social security numbers. I was sooooo pissed you don't even know. Nobody could tell me how it was possible to go from no record to 2 records. They made me get a letter from the social security administration to prove my identity to have it faxed to god knows where to get my money out.
I was screwed over the weekend. So, that next monday I had a different banker call the center where my acct was opened, because I wanted to know what happened. It turns out that the stupid girl put in my social security # in wrong which raised a red flag. I'm still waiting for the hold to be lifted. Do not bank with wells fargo.
More Wells Fargo Complaints & Reviews
- Wells Fargo Mortgage - loan refinance 
- Wells Fargo Dealer Services - late payments / repo 
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - loss mitigation department 
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage - beware of this company! 
- Wells Fargo Auto Finance - wells fargo auto finance ripoff hurting millions of common americans! 
- Wells Fargo - payment not received
- Wells Fargo - loan
- Wells Fargo - billed for account that closed 2 years ago and impacted my credit and increase rates on mortgage
- Wells Fargo Dealer Services - unable to payoff car loan
- Wells Fargo - poor customer service