Weight Watchers Online / online scam
I am a online user experience expert reviewing weightwatchers.com for an upcoming blog article. I signed up for the free 7 day trial to conduct the review.
I clicked the free trial button and was redirected to a sign up page. I didn't see anything about a free trial so I went back to the previous page and clicked the free trial button again. The website landed me back on the same sign up page.
So I assumed I was signing up for the free trial and continued through the flow. When I came to the credit card entry form I assumed my card would be charged at the end of the seven day trial or at the least the funds be refunded when I canceled.
After I completed a my usability review of the website I clicked on the cancel account link. I also sent a cancellation email to the customer service department.
An agent named 'kelle' with weight watchers online accounting department responded to let me know that my credit card was charged $65.00 and that I would only be receiving an $18.10 refund. So my two-hour 'free trial' actually cost $46.90.
The agent was not at all concerned when I told her that I clicked on the free trial link and canceled after only 2 hours. Instead of addressing a significant error in the user interface, she referred me to the 10 page legal agreement I was supposed to read during sign up.
After a bit more research I learned that weight watchers online has an unsatisfactory record with the bbb of new york and has had 43 complaints in the last 12 months! I also found many more users complaining about this very same issue in various forums.
Weight watchers online baited me with a free trial offer on their website. I signed up under this pretense. The fact that they immediately invoked the legal agreement without addressing an obvious problem on the website leads me to conclude that this is a deliberate bait and switch technique employed by what I believed was a trustworthy brand.
In my opinion this despicable practice constitutes blatant online fraud. I will do everything in my power to make sure that weight watchers online is investigated by the new york attorney general's office.
More Weight Watchers Online Complaints & Reviews
- Weight Watchers - cannot cancel membership! 
- Weight Watchers Monthly Pass - unable to cancel monthly pass 
- WeightWatchers.com - beware 7 day free trial is not free! 
- Weight Watchers Online - no free trial - it's a ripoff! 
- Weight Watchers - new pricing a rip-off for lifetime/seniors
- Weight Watchers International - app only subscription cancellation fees/process not transparent 
- Weight Watchers International - cancellation and payment
- Weight Watchers International - app 6 month trial
- Weight Watchers International - customer service
- Weight Watchers International - abusive local group leader.