Washington Gas / be careful with their &estimated& billing
I just received a bill for about $744 for the previous month of service, to my surprise, as my bill is usually around $70 or so since I move into this new resent mid last year. I later found out after, speaking with the customer service, this is because for the past 5 month, they have been using an "estimation" of the gas usage. As it turns out, I actually used a lot more then they billed me each month, for the past 5 month. I think part of the reason may be I just move into this new home last year, and maybe previous owner did not use as much gas.
Anyway, it is not that I do not want to pay my bill; I just want to caution other customers with regard to this practice by Washington Gas. If the upper left corner of your bill state “ESTMATED” then the reading of your gas meter is just an estimation, and your actual usage may be more/less then your are currently being charged (in my case is MUCH less), and if it states “READ BY CO.” then the reading would be your actual usage of gas.
I wonder if such practice is legal.
Only if I knew the actual cost a few months ago, I would have at least had the opportunity to try and reduce gas usage.
More Washington Gas Complaints & Reviews
- Washington Gas - completely frustrating 
- Washington Gas - awful company
- Washington Gas - gave my account away 
- Washington Gas - billing 
- Washington Gas - vandalism, billing, lying 
- Washington Gas / WGL Holdings - poor customer service and wrong information
- Washington Gas / WGL Holdings - unlawful disconnection of gas services
- Washington Gas / WGL Holdings - service stop date was delayed, forced to pay for someone else's usage
- Washington Gas / WGL Holdings - incomplete excavation and remediation of property damage
- Washington Gas / WGL Holdings - getting bills for services that I did not use