Walmart / uneducated staff and rude lazy attitudes

United States Review updated:

I must say I have been going to Walmart now for years and years and yes you do provide us with many things so thank you. The one thing I do not get from Walmart is SERVICE! It is ridiculous. The stores are HUGE I do not understand why you are so under staffed and I am not just talking about one location I am talking about at least 5 I frequent between Mississauga and Oakville. I apologize in advance for coming across as a rude person possibly but I am frustrated with the service! The staff there is never helpful they all act lazy and exhausted for whatever reason.

I find that a lot of the staff are also old and have no idea how to help with questions about product and they literally will ignore you and pretend they don’t hear you. Example of the other day… I went to the location at Square One mississauga to buy the 3D Ds.

There were 4 people standing at the register talking about managers and schedules. When I said “excuse me” they all literally pretended they did not hear me! Do you have any idea how rude that was and how it infuriated me ESPECIALLY cause my gf had my son with her hiding him so he didn’t see the gift I was buying for Christmas??? I had to repeat myself 3 times and literally waited 5 minutes before they wrapped up there gossip! When I finally was lucky enough to get some service the Elderly man knew nothing about Ds and made me uncomfortable to ask questions cause he seemed frustrated and annoyed…

I ended up buying a 3D Ds from you guys only because I am really crammed for time in life in general. But the next time I need to buy electronics or anything of value like that I will make sure to go somewhere else cause this also happened when I bought my camera and tv there. I am turned off from the uneducated staff and the rude lazy attitudes that walk around there!

Ge

Comments

• La
      2nd of May, 2012

I agree that Walmart has uneducated staff with bad attitudes. That is because this is a company with a business model of low prices. The reason you go to a Walmart is because you can get almost everything you need in one place for way less than smaller stores or local businesses. To give you these prices they buy in huge bulk, they do not pay their employees very much, they have poor benefits and they don't invest in the sort of management/quality review structure that encourages creation of a good customer experience. In my opinion when I go to a Walmart I don't expect good customer service at all. If you prize customer service take your money to smaller local businesses. If you care about saving money more than the local economy or the attitude of the employees then have more realistic expectations of what you are getting. The average (not all of them though), Walmart employee is working there because they don't have a lot of options. They are too young, too old, too stupid, have a bad record or some other negative factor that prevents them from getting and keeping a more desirable job. You expect them to have pride in the company and be hard working and courteous?

• Gr
      2nd of May, 2012

Really? You can't expect top quality service from people earning min wage. Just grab the things you need and get out. Uneducated staff?? you don't even need high school to get hired at Walmart...it's not like it would be a tough job that requires an education, so what do you expect? I have been to Walmart in Oakville and the workers seemed friendly enough. I have never had any problems...but at the same time i don't expect high quality service.

5th of Jun, 2012

Without walmart those lazy people would be forced to actually work for a living. Walmart is a cult, and they brainwash all their employees into compliance to their draconian practices. Never give a refund if you can avoid it, and catching people stealing will get you a promotion whether the person was stealing, or just mistaken..No matter to the shuffle foot blue vested lazy ***ociates.