Walmart / racial profile

1 Redwood Rd and 5400Taylorsville, UT, United States Review updated:

Good Morning, I am typing this complain here, i don't know if this website is related to Wal-Mart Corporation or not but my complain will go far if something is not done. I am so disgusted for the way I was followed last night at the Wal-Mart store in Taylorsville, Utah the one located in Redwood Rd and 5400. Christmas is next week and I am traveling to South America, I spent over 2 hours at this store trying to buy gifts to bring with me. YES SPENDING MY MONEY AT THIS STORE AND GIVING MY MONEY TO THIS CORPORATION, when for almost two hours I was followed by an individual, he was a white person with beard, it was so obvious that I started to feel uncomfortable until I asked one of the ladies who work at the photo place, what should I do if I feel someone is following me, the lady told me there’s nothing you can do, we have people who work here and that’s their job, while I was talking with her, the guy passed by where I was standing with the lady and I said: That’s the guy who has been following me, the lady then said, HE WORKS HERE, SORRY ABOUT THAT. I was so PISSED OFF!! So disgusted, so DISCRIMANATED, so EVERYTHING, I wanted to leave the store and leave the cart full of gifts at the register after they where scanned at the register, and no pay and just leave without it, but my education didn’t let me do that. While I was at the register I was talking with the lady there and complaining, the register then said: OH YOU NEED TO TALK TO SO AND SO, SHE’S THE MANAGER, the Freaking manager was standing behind her and listening my complain, the register lady, turned around and saw the manager and THIS “MANAGER” LACKING OF CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS was like, I don’t wanna deal with it, she made faces of not happiness and discriminating that I was a brown latino person, and she was like didn’t care, I had to look at her, and pretty much telling her with my look “COME HERE DO SOMETHING” she then came where I was standing, swapping my Credit Card to pay for my stuffs, she heard my complains with a no happy face, definitely, this lady should not be a “Customer Service Manager” SHE HAS N0 IDEA WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE MEAN, I am so aggravated by the way Wal-Mart makes racial profile customers and made on me, a loyal consumer, and thinking that I was stealing products from the store, this is not right, if this, ONE OF THE LARGEST COMPANIES IN THE WORLD, need to take care of this issue, which I think is a legitimate reason, they should put cameras in the isles and no follow latin, asian, African-american people in a NO-PROFESSIONAL WAY, this is not right.

Ob

Comments

15th of Dec, 2010

Caucasian people get followed too!

21st of Sep, 2011

I just left walmart in Fairfield, ca. This customer is right walmart is a horrible place to shop. It is very obvious that you are being followed and it's tacky. We all know times are hard and theft has increased in the last few years but whoever says " if you don't like it shop elsewhere" is ignorant. Priority #1 customer service, which includes making the customer feel welcome. CASE CLOSED!

21st of Sep, 2011

But we should have expected this. walmarts always been owned by a bunch of right-winged republicans!

21st of Sep, 2011

Without customers there Is no asset. What do you mean?

No! But equality is.