Walmart / wal-mart super center in richmond, mo

Richmond, MO, United States Review updated:
The Wal-Mart Super Center in Richmond, MO is a joke! The book department has become smaller, especially the children's books. The books haven't been changed in months. There were rumors that they were ging to get rid of the craft department, well they never did but they discontinued the DMC/Thread and cross stitch. Now ou will have to drive 90 minutes to city to get thread. There are a lot of people who cross stitch and use DMC thread. They should carry the products that the customers want. The toy department hasn't been changed in over two years and keeps getting smaller. The Entertainment department is the smallest I've ever seen in a super-center. They hardly have room for any DVDS. They don't carry any new TV-DVD Sets. I was looking for Law and Order DVDs and asked them if they had any. They said they never heard of that title. In the last six months the video games and disappeared and they reply was : their discontinued.

I bought a humidifier there and they no longer carry the filters, but the still carry the humidifier.

There needs to be a new manager! Why won't they stock their products! This is a small town. They would make even more money if they start carrying products that the customers want!

Comments

Va
  18th of Sep, 2008
WalMart has been in my city for some time. In the middle of last year, I noticed a change in the attitudes of the staff that work at this store. Staff are now incredibly rude and will ignore people for large amounts of time, even if they are obviously waiting for help. Many times when I go into this store, the cashiers don't even pay attention to you as they are serving you. Many times they will continue to talk to their friends. As a result, I feel frustrated and very angry. Several times, I have gone into the store to purchase items. What is listed on the rack has been inaccurate several times. The associates refused to give the item to me for the listed price. And, when I told them the price on the rack, they always call back to see if I am lying. This is fine, but, six out of the seven times this has happened, the people checking the price claim that they do not see the price that I had stated. When I go back to look at the rack and find the price, I have no problem seeing it. These people are incredibly deceptive.

In addition, in the overnight hours, the aisles are often completely packed with boxes waiting to be unloaded. Once the people are done with a box, they throw it wherever they want. They don't even bother to move the boxes so people can get down aisles. I've even been sworn at by several associates.

I've sent numerous complaints to walmart via the web site and snail mail. I have yet to get back a single response. Do not do business with this store if you can help it. They have no sense of courtesy and even the manager will ignore you.
Jo
  3rd of Oct, 2008
My 20 year old daughter went to Wal-Mart for an eye exam today. When she called to make the appoinment, she gave them all of our insurance information over the phone...all the numbers, etc. We have State Of Illinois insurance which is extremely good. Well, she went in for the exam and after it was over, they said she owed $48. She did not have any money on her. They said she could not leave the store until they had their money. She called me. I tried to give them credit card info, debit card info, checking acc. info. They said she had to stay there til someone came and paid the bill. I could not get there to pay them. I asked them what they were going to do with her all night? That was a couple of hours ago. My daughter is still being held hostage in Wal-Mart. Can they really hold someone like that?
Ep
  25th of Feb, 2009
"In addition, in the overnight hours, the aisles are often completely packed with boxes waiting to be unloaded. " This is because they need to restock the aisle before the morning, which starts at 7am.

"And, when I told them the price on the rack, they always call back to see if I am lying. " They don't call to see if your lying, they call to check the price and to make it obvious to the sales floor person that they have price mistake on a item. In the first place, if your not lying then you shouldn't get mad or frustrated when it happens.
Pa
  5th of Aug, 2009
I was waiting to pick up a cake that was to be done by 3 it was 15 after 3 and the cake wasnt even started 6-15-08.. She was standing their talking to a young boy ingoring that I was even there.. I was even trying to get her attention and when she finally gave me a minute of her time she told me i would have to hang on a minunte i am busy (hateful)!!! I left without even getting the cake I asked for a mgr. but one ever came!!! Its pretty bad that a company that is based on customer service is that unorganized that my cake wasnt even started and i had called two days in advance to get it and she couldnt even give me one minute of her time for a reasonable explanation why! I will never use walmart bakery again.
Co
  5th of Aug, 2009
BAN walmart altogether...why just the bakery. All monies spent in walmart go to the same account/individual.
Ar
  9th of Sep, 2009
Oh you poor thing. Having to drive elsewhere to get thread for your fat housewife crafts.
Rp
  24th of Sep, 2010
Totally agree, but if you cant find a item, dont exepect an employee to help, or ask if you need help. heres my story aug 2010 i was looking for an item, in the same area 3 employees were talking, I search that area about 10 times, still no one approached, me asking if I needed help, after 20 minutes I heard one employee, holler hey, you need help well I looked up, and looked she hollered again You need help Nancey, I turned to look and she was asking a fellow coworker, if she needed help, not the paying customer. I was so mad I stormed off and kept saying in a normal voice "d**n goodthing I not a shoplifter cuz no one's paying atention to me" still no one asked if I needed help so I said I'm going to check out the Dollar General Store.

Walmart Stores Logo Walmart Stores