Walmart MoneyCard / unauthorized deduction

Using this prepaid debit card at a gas station, automatically deducts 35.00, even if you get only 10.00 worth of gas. You cannot receive the balance until 4 days later. (Even if you run out of gas and need to stop at a cheaper gas station). I purchased gas in a city to get me home where the gas is thirty cents cheaper. It didn't matter I couldn't use the card anyway once I got home. My balance was 30.00, they held my amount available until after the 20.00 gas purchase cleared. Walmart is a customer friendly store (so I thought). The customer service was rude, didn't care, and was not able to communicate English very well. They were from Guatemala, and that didn't help and they didn't care. (they said wait 4 days for your Money). Where is the American jobs, and the customer comes first.

Me

Comments

• Ar
      14th of Jun, 2009

same thing happened to me with gas purchase i put 16.00 in gas and was charged 35.00 i check my card every time i use my prepaid card to do a purchase, i did notice that i was charged 35.00 instead of 16.00 so when i called they did tell me that 35.00 is instantly taken out of your account and at the end of the day the business of gas station shows the amount that was put in and the rest gets refunded back to you but it takes 4-7 business days and yes i do beleive that is not right to do. But what they told me when i go to a gas station again to go inside and pay inside and only that amount would be taken out and not the 35.00 haha what is the purpose of paying at the pump right? but anyways all i have to say is that i have had this card for 2 yrs know and i have never had no problems my refunds have always been put into my account when it was supposed to so thank god on that. Good luck to all that have been having problems and i hope i never come into a situation like i have been reading.